ACC PS4 G29 settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 263 comments
You have to adjust stearing rotation pr car. Use google or read this forum there is many post about wich setting to use for each car.

I also think 80 gain is to high for G29.

I dont remeber my setting but i think I have 65 Gain.
I'm using Mercedez mostly... saw the @Stencedaddy print and I'm going to adjust using your suggestions, thanks.

Can also confirm ffb is much better now. I only had time for a quick test with the bentley at spa. I had really been struggling with the eu rouge and blanchimont corners. Had to be so delicate on the steering and could never really attack it at full throttle. I had my gain originally set at 65-70 depending on car and track and immediately after starting the game the wheel was rattling around like crazy just driving out of pits. Settled on 40-45%, 50 also felt fine if you prefer a heavier wheel. But the way I can now attack the corners and actually react to slides is so much better and I can now complete eu rouge and blanchimont at full throttle without wheel going numb and wheels losing all grip. Will need to play some more on different tracks but first impressions is its significantly better!!!

Has anyone messed with the steering Linearity settings?,I turned it up to 4.00 from the default setting 1.00 and it seems to reduce input lag and more responsive..

Wow, it feels MUCH MUCH better than before. I lowered gain from 65 to 35 because there was too much clipping. Right now the wheel has a good weight on it, it feels heavier than at 65 pre patch, but has so much more detail. Now you can actually feel the road imperfections, the rumble strips, hitting curbs, tire slipping. All that was absent before. It's so much easier to catch a slide now. I may give the Porsche another try as that car was simply not catchable at all pre patch and I was staying away from it.

But I also feel they have altered the physics as my lap times seems to have slowed down. I have been testing at Paul Ricard so far only and I feel I have to brake a little earlier for turn one, and on the long straight I can barely get to 170mph whereas before I could see 176mph if there is no head wind. What is odd is that the following high speed right hander has a lot more grip than before and you can be much more agressive there. But again, somehow the lap time is slower. Any thoughts why?

Can also confirm ffb is much better now. I only had time for a quick test with the bentley at spa. I had really been struggling with the eu rouge and blanchimont corners. Had to be so delicate on the steering and could never really attack it at full throttle. I had my gain originally set at 65-70 depending on car and track and immediately after starting the game the wheel was rattling around like crazy just driving out of pits. Settled on 40-45%, 50 also felt fine if you prefer a heavier wheel. But the way I can now attack the corners and actually react to slides is so much better and I can now complete eu rouge and blanchimont at full throttle without wheel going numb and wheels losing all grip. Will need to play some more on different tracks but first impressions is its significantly better!!!

I agree with ALL of this and almost made a VERY similar post. Feels so much better. I do my testing at spa and had the same issues on the same corners. Now I feel way more confident going through those. I only did 2-3 laps, also in the Bentley, and already shaved over 0.6 seconds off my personal best. Getting somewhat close to my old Assetto Corsa times.

Here’s some of the patch notes related to the FFB. What I gather is that road effects didn’t impact FFB before. I haven’t messed with it much yet. Very curious to try myself, and also see what you guys can do. Great discussion so far.

“PERIPHERALS:

• UI Warning screen to remind the user to update their wheel’s firmware
  • Connection and stability fixes within many wheels
  • Force Feedback changes for a more suited feel on console
  • Fixes within the “Steer Linearity” options
  • “Road Effects” now affect Force Feedback
  • Stopped certain views being accessible with a keyboard
  • Various performance and stability improvements.
  • Minor legacy camera position fixes
  • Other minor bug fixes.”

Thats interesting about the road effects...i did test it previously and ended up back on 0 because I didn't feel it made any difference. Ill do some experimenting slowly adding in some road effects and see what I think! Interesting to try out the Mercedes because I was really struggling with some uncontrollable overseer on that as well. The only other car I've tried is the Ferrari but I found that pretty planted.
I agree with ALL of this and almost made a VERY similar post. Feels so much better. I do my testing at spa and had the same issues on the same corners. Now I feel way more confident going through those. I only did 2-3 laps, also in the Bentley, and already shaved over 0.6 seconds off my personal best. Getting somewhat close to my old Assetto Corsa times.

Here’s some of the patch notes related to the FFB. What I gather is that road effects didn’t impact FFB before. I haven’t messed with it much yet. Very curious to try myself, and also see what you guys can do. Great discussion so far.

“PERIPHERALS:

• UI Warning screen to remind the user to update their wheel’s firmware
  • Connection and stability fixes within many wheels
  • Force Feedback changes for a more suited feel on console
  • Fixes within the “Steer Linearity” options
  • “Road Effects” now affect Force Feedback
  • Stopped certain views being accessible with a keyboard
  • Various performance and stability improvements.
  • Minor legacy camera position fixes
  • Other minor bug fixes.”

The 2019 Porsche feels amazing. Now it’s easier to catch slides (and preempt them better) it’s an utter joy to drive. Brake, flick it in on the incredible front end, control any over rotation with wheel and part throttle, then fire out of the corner with the just as incredible grip on the rear end. It’s going to be difficult to drive anything else now.

Saw it on another thread, but somebody mentioned they had read elsewhere that users who have been able to compare PC and PS4 say they can use the same settings on both now with little to no difference in feel. Take that with a pinch of salt though as it’s secondhand info.

Does anyone play the pc version...is it now similar to pc or have the made it too easy to control for us whinging console users?
The ppl I know on the PC version all have road effects set to 0 ,so maybe the console version is more like it..?I don't know yet,I'm on the Xbox one X version.

I’d previously removed the rubber stopper from my brake pedal as I was struggling to get 100% travel with wheel stand.

This morning I’ve cut it down and reinstalled it as without it the 100% zone is too big, which makes trail braking difficult.

For reference, I removed 5mm... with a sharp kitchen knife.

whilst testing I also found the G29 brake has around 5-10mm of dead zone... don’t think i has this with any GT game.

Otherwise I’ve now pretty much adjusted to the update FF changes. I’m now running 50% gain, 10% minimum force,100% damping, 0% road and gradually improving my lap times.

Last edited:
I spent a few hours on the G29 today playing with settings after the 1.03 update. It feels a lot better now, it's still not great (still can't feel kerbs but I think the game is just defective in that area) and it still a bit vague but I guess they just don't know how to get the most from the g29 or rather concentrate on the fanatec wheels (I assume the game works much more excellently on those)

70-80% gain is good
10-15% minimum force
0-50% dampening (I was on 40 in the end I think)
0-20% road

You will find your happy space within those areas.

I spent a few hours on the G29 today playing with settings after the 1.03 update. It feels a lot better now, it's still not great (still can't feel kerbs but I think the game is just defective in that area) and it still a bit vague but I guess they just don't know how to get the most from the g29 or rather concentrate on the fanatec wheels (I assume the game works much more excellently on those)

70-80% gain is good
10-15% minimum force
0-50% dampening (I was on 40 in the end I think)
0-20% road

You will find your happy space within those areas.
That's one heavy wheel on settings like that :D

That's one heavy wheel on settings like that :D

Exactly my thoughts. At 50 I had to wrench the wheel to get it to move after the update. Sorry but 70-80 must be crazy. I really don’t get this whole “heavy wheel is more realistic” thing. Each to their own and if you like it, fair play, but we’re not driving Group C cars here with no power steering.

Anyone who’s going to use that much gain on the G29, you’ll get massive clipping which you’ll notice even more now with the wheel so heavy. Sorry but really can’t recommend that post from nicefrog mainly on the basis of how much clipping you’ll get. I’d advise turning road effects off too. I got way more feel through the wheel with them off.

Thought I'd share my settings after quite some experimentation and losing CC... Thanks for everyone's contributions.
G29 dead zone and backlash kinda sucks, so I focused on settings that help me feel weight transfer, and balance esp. in rear end.
These settings force me to be gentle and smooth, also I found it's a sweet spot and quite a delicate balance to get right. It's quite light but smooth.

Gain: 60
Minimnum Force: 4
Dynamic Damping: 50
Road Effects: 0 (will likely increase this as I get more comfortable, seems it adds texture)

For me on G29
70 gain
12 minimum
20 road
Zero on the other one
540 degree steering
1.9 brakes

I'm using pretty much these same settings on my G29. I've got about 15 or 20 hours driving on it so far and have adjusted the Brake Gamma down to 1.6 since I don't like having to stand on the brakes to get them to engage enough in hard braking zones. Also, with the Steer Lock, I've been setting it to the same as what the actual car has. I found those numbers here. Hope this is helpful.

I'm using pretty much these same settings on my G29. I've got about 15 or 20 hours driving on it so far and have adjusted the Brake Gamma down to 1.6 since I don't like having to stand on the brakes to get them to engage enough in hard braking zones. Also, with the Steer Lock, I've been setting it to the same as what the actual car has. I found those numbers here. Hope this is helpful.

Doesn't the brake gamma do the opposite? The higher the setting the harder it is to get to full braking power?

Doesn't the brake gamma do the opposite? The higher the setting the harder it is to get to full braking power?
From what I know and tested on the highest gamma you've got either minimum brake or full lock... Nothing in between

Yes you are correct. Perhaps I worded it in a strange way. What I was meaning to say is I adjusted from the aforementioned recommendation of 1.9 down to 1.6 for the brake gamma to make it a bit easier for me. The reason I had to do that is because I have wheels on my chair that I put rubber wedges under but sometimes with the 1.9 brake gamma setting, I would push my chair back over the wedges lol. 1.6 felt like a happy medium between increased realism and "safety" in regards to shoving my chair away from my desk.

Only had an hour or so with the game so far, will test it out better tomorrow after work, but I haven't managed to get G29 FFB working properly yet.

Default gain makes the steering very light. At 100% it rattles, around 75 to 80% seemed ok (and a couple of clicks of minimum force seem to help remove the deadzone). But I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations. Played around with road effects but didn't get them to work well. I know G29 doesn't have the best FFB, but it doesn't seem to be configured (or working) correctly.

Anyone else can share their G29 settings? Anyone else with the same FFB issues?

Also, it appears there's no way to add some braking saturation so those of us with the default rubber stopper don't have to stomp our feet on the brake pedal, right?

I’m getting all sorts or rattling going down the straight. You say you “went up a couple of clicks” of minimum force. What exactly did you find that worked? Gimme a number.

I’m getting all sorts or rattling going down the straight. You say you “went up a couple of clicks” of minimum force. What exactly did you find that worked? Gimme a number.

Mate, that post from me you quoted was from launch day, 3 months ago. FFB on G29 has improved a lot with patches after that. If you have too much rattling, you probably have the gain setting too high.

Just saying over the top of my head as I cannot check in game now, but I think my settings are:
Gain 70
Minimum force 12
Dynamic damping 30
Road effects 15

Mate, that post from me you quoted was from launch day, 3 months ago. FFB on G29 has improved a lot with patches after that. If you have too much rattling, you probably have the gain setting too high.

Just saying over the top of my head as I cannot check in game now, but I think my settings are:
Gain 70
Minimum force 12
Dynamic damping 30
Road effects 15

Yup, sorry 'bout that. I flipped to the last page this morning and backtracking saw that many issues have somewhat been addressed. Looks like gain is the issue here.

Thanks,
RayBee27.

Gain 70
Minimum force 12
Dynamic damping 30
Road effects 15

Thanks. I'll give these settings a try and see how it feels.

How is everyone getting on with their G29 settings now we are on update 1.5.4 ?

What does everyone have the brake gamma set too ?

Back