ACC PS4 G29 settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 263 comments
Anyone else having issues on PS4? Bought the Group 4 cars DLC but game is now totally unplayable. Got a warning to update firmware and since then it's unplayable.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues on PS4? Bought the Group 4 cars DLC but game is now totally unplayable. Got a warning to update firmware and since then it's unplayable.
I've not been having issues. Did you try and manually force the game to check for updates? There was a patch recently that maybe you haven't installed yet. If not, maybe try reinstalling the game. I find that usually fixes most issues I have with PS4 games.

Hello,
If anyone could spare the time to explain what the various force feedback options do, I would be most grateful. also the breaking gamma is a bit beyond my understandin! I have looked online and can find people’s settings but not really what each one does.

I have played GTS for a number of years where FFB feels very different, really enjoying the approach ACC takes.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm new to ACC and G29, I recently bought for PS4 and started a few weeks ago. Recently with the game update everything got complicated, my steering wheel completely disfigured and new parameters appeared to configure. You too? What do you recommend?

Turn the gain up but keep minimum force at zero.
If minimum is more than that it seems to remove any ffb feel.
Dynamic Damping you can turn down.
Brake gamma could be lower but if you're having problems getting full braking, then put the brake deadzone at 40.

Gain - 85
Minimum - 0
Dynamic - 30
Road - 20
Brake gamma - 1
Brake Deadzone - 40

Ty those

Turn the gain up but keep minimum force at zero.
If minimum is more than that it seems to remove any ffb feel.
Dynamic Damping you can turn down.
Brake gamma could be lower but if you're having problems getting full braking, then put the brake deadzone at 40.

Gain - 85
Minimum - 0
Dynamic - 30
Road - 20
Brake gamma - 1
Brake Deadzone - 40

Ty those
Thanks a lot
I'll try and I let you know :)

Steer scale, leave it alone it's horrible.
Leave it at zero.
But out of interest, try messing with it and see what it does.
But then go back to zero

Late to the party on this topic...

Current setup is PS4, ACC, G29 wheel and pedals.

I really want this game to be playable but its proving to be such a challenge. I, like many others here, have struggled with settings and, more recently, braking.

I'll play around with the settings again tonight based on some of the posts here but my main gripes are:

1. Steering feels extremely light
2. Braking requires a ridiculous amount of force to get to 100% - to the point where I'm afraid I'm either going to snap the pedal or break my rig (GT Omega Pro)
3. Downshifting - seems a bit unresponsive when trying to drop down gears. High gears to 3 is fine. Dropping to second gear doesn't happen sometimes.

Try increasing Gain level and minimum force (to remove deadzone in the center).

2. Braking requires a ridiculous amount of force to get to 100% - to the point where I'm afraid I'm either going to snap the pedal or break my rig (GT Omega Pro)

Increase Brake deadzone to about 20 or 30% (only available since the last update).

3. Downshifting - seems a bit unresponsive when trying to drop down gears. High gears to 3 is fine. Dropping to second gear doesn't happen sometimes.

That's not a wheel setting issue, that is ACC simulating a feature from the real cars. They have a protection to avoid downshifting too aggressively and damaging the engine from over-reving. Delay your downshifts until a little bit later on the braking zone and you will be fine.

Last edited:
Late to the party on this topic...

Current setup is PS4, ACC, G29 wheel and pedals.

I really want this game to be playable but its proving to be such a challenge. I, like many others here, have struggled with settings and, more recently, braking.

I'll play around with the settings again tonight based on some of the posts here but my main gripes are:

Set brake deadzone to 40%
Then you can get full braking without busting the pedal.
Downshifting, it's an odd one, sometimes if for example you want to quickly go from 3rd to 2nd, it'll go quicker if you go up to 4th then back downa lot of of it seems to be speed sensitive, there doesn't appear to be any engine braking

Take the pedals apart and remove the rubber block from the brake pedal spring.

Downshifting, it's an odd one, sometimes if for example you want to quickly go from 3rd to 2nd, it'll go quicker if you go up to 4th then back downa lot of of it seems to be speed sensitive, there doesn't appear to be any engine braking
No, as @csmirnoff says there is a limiter that prevents you from changing down if doing so would make the engine over-rev. Changing up to change down is ludicrous.

Thanks to everyone who responded to me earlier. And those who posted their settings.

So after taking the advice, I've seen a massive improvement in handling and most importantly enjoyment.

Did 10 laps at Zolder which weren't perfect by any means but hugely improved.

Thanks again everyone.

So I have another issue that perhaps you fine people can help me with.

My throttle is at 100% when I press down 50% - 60% of the way. Is there any fix for this?

I just noticed it tonight running some laps on Spa. Its causing me to be super cautious on throttle because I was shooting off the track coming out of corners.

G29 - PS4 - ACC

I don't know if there's a deadzone setting for throttle (in the game) but if there is, it sounds like it's running lower than 100

Last edited:
So I still have this issue with the throttle sensitivity which is causing issue with playing this game - doesn't seem to be fixable regardless of what setting I change.

I checked the pedals on the logitech SW on laptop, everything calibrated corretly. Also, works perfectly in GT Sport.

PS4, G29 (and pedals), latest version of ACC.

Throttle is at 100% when pedal is at 60%.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Last edited:
Only had an hour or so with the game so far, will test it out better tomorrow after work, but I haven't managed to get G29 FFB working properly yet.

Default gain makes the steering very light. At 100% it rattles, around 75 to 80% seemed ok (and a couple of clicks of minimum force seem to help remove the deadzone). But I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations. Played around with road effects but didn't get them to work well. I know G29 doesn't have the best FFB, but it doesn't seem to be configured (or working) correctly.

Anyone else can share their G29 settings? Anyone else with the same FFB issues?

Also, it appears there's no way to add some braking saturation so those of us with the default rubber stopper don't have to stomp our feet on the brake pedal, right?

Hi there. I'm just now trying to use ACC with my G923 wheel. Did you ever solve the "I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations"? I feel no road or kerb effects at all, and I've tried several different settings. Curious if this is user error or a bug

Hi there. I'm just now trying to use ACC with my G923 wheel. Did you ever solve the "I feel absolutely nothing on low kerbs and ondulations"? I feel no road or kerb effects at all, and I've tried several different settings. Curious if this is user error or a bug

G29 FFB improved quite a lot after one of the early game patches. I've never tried the G923 but it should be about the same. What settings are you using?

G29 FFB improved quite a lot after one of the early game patches. I've never tried the G923 but it should be about the same. What settings are you using?

This isn't about settings. I've read a bunch on the different settings and tried different combinations. No matter what I do, I feel ZERO "bump" FFB, no vibration in the wheel whatsoever due to kerbs, road bumps, etc.

I thought this might have been the same issue you were having but maybe it's different. I'm happy to try your settings to see if they make a difference.

Don't expect to ever feel much over kerbs, you get the impact effect but not really the saw tooth vibration.
But it sounds like something is wrong because for my wheel (T300) there is plenty of road feel / surface detail coming through, and my road effects setting is quite low, like 10 or 20

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing current G29 setting on PS4? I read several combinations and ended with this, have been using since a month ago. I know is personal preference, but not sure if something is outdated and/or can be improved. I was confused at some point with Xbox only issues with Minimum to 0-3%.
Any help is appreciated :cheers:

Gain - 40
Minimum - 12
Dynamic - 100
Road - 15

Brake Deadzone - 30

brake deadzone improved a lot my enjoyment and knee pain (old injury).

BTW as John G said, kerbs in my g29 are not that strong either, mostly is sound. However if I increase road effects is more noticeable but never liked it.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing current G29 setting on PS4?
I've just had a look through thread myself!
think your about right with all but
dynamic could be 0 or 50 ?

glitch with g29 after exiting where the wheel powers to the right and sticks . unpluging usb then plugging back in to fix not restarting which can't be good ..

Apparently the minimum force problem was fixed when Imola came out on console.
You can use it now, and it seems to make a difference to centre deadzone

I recently returned to this game after a long hiatus. Here are my current settings, any suggestions are welcome.

Gain: 60
Minimum Force: 12
Dynamic Damping: 25
Road Effects: 40

Steering Lock: 900
Steer Scale: 100
Steer Linearity: 1.00
Brake Gama 1.9
Brake Dead Zone: 30
Throttle Dead zone: 0

Last edited:

Latest Posts