ACC PS4 G29 settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 263 comments
I recently returned to this game after a long hiatus. Here are my current settings, any suggestions are welcome.

Gain: 60
Minimum Force: 12
Dynamic Damping: 25
Road Effects: 40

Steering Lock: 900
Steer Scale: 100
Steer Linearity: 1.00
Brake Gama 1.9
Brake Dead Zone: 30
Throttle Dead zone: 0
Thanks for posting Mike , yes very similar only tweeks apart .
i'm not up to speed yet so miles off the pace . some real fast guys on there ..

So good to read that I'm not the only one struggling with ACC on PS4 with a G29. Personally I prefer the steering really light, so have the FFB quite low, gain is 14. I can't find the sweet spot on ACC like I can on Project Cars 2. I find that much more imersive and enjoyable. I've given up on ACC many a time, going in a straight line I have no issues, when it comes to braking and cornering though, I never know what's going to happen. I just can't get consistency like I can on PC2. There I can go lap after lap with no incident, on ACC I'm on a roll if I get three clean laps. The car, Ferrari 488, never feels planted, it's twitchy and if the FFB gain is higher it feels like it wants to drag me off the track. The centre of gravity feels odd too and the weight balance is not to my liking. I have no confidence in my control of the car and don't feel as though I can really push.

I really want to get on with the game, you hear so many people hyping it up as the best racing game on a console. I don't feel that though. It seems to me as though the only way to really enjoy ACC is to get it on PC with a DD wheel and load cell brakes. I'm not that in to it to spend loads of money on it though, so will just have to adapt with what I have.

So good to read that I'm not the only one struggling with ACC on PS4 with a G29. Personally I prefer the steering really light, so have the FFB quite low, gain is 14. I can't find the sweet spot on ACC like I can on Project Cars 2. I find that much more imersive and enjoyable. I've given up on ACC many a time, going in a straight line I have no issues, when it comes to braking and cornering though, I never know what's going to happen. I just can't get consistency like I can on PC2. There I can go lap after lap with no incident, on ACC I'm on a roll if I get three clean laps. The car, Ferrari 488, never feels planted, it's twitchy and if the FFB gain is higher it feels like it wants to drag me off the track. The centre of gravity feels odd too and the weight balance is not to my liking. I have no confidence in my control of the car and don't feel as though I can really push.

I really want to get on with the game, you hear so many people hyping it up as the best racing game on a console. I don't feel that though. It seems to me as though the only way to really enjoy ACC is to get it on PC with a DD wheel and load cell brakes. I'm not that in to it to spend loads of money on it though, so will just have to adapt with what I have.
exactly where you are with it , i couldn't get it too so i have my theory that it is no tyre sound well very limited, try turning every thing else down and have tyres 100 .. got a little better with that..

I've virtually given up ACC. I've tried various different FFB settings and just cannot find a happy medium. If I have the gain set too low there is no stability, like I mentioned before the centre of balance is weird. If I up the gain the car just pulls off at the corners. I have tried upping the gain like some of the other contributors have suggested, but I can hardly turn the wheel. Being an older guy, I hate heavy steering, it reminds me of driving an older motor with no PAS, like driving a tank.

Project cars 2 has a lot of haters, but I must say that I am much more comfortable with the wheel settings and FFB on that. I think I'll stick with that.

I've virtually given up ACC. I've tried various different FFB settings and just cannot find a happy medium. If I have the gain set too low there is no stability, like I mentioned before the centre of balance is weird. If I up the gain the car just pulls off at the corners. I have tried upping the gain like some of the other contributors have suggested, but I can hardly turn the wheel. Being an older guy, I hate heavy steering, it reminds me of driving an older motor with no PAS, like driving a tank.

Project cars 2 has a lot of haters, but I must say that I am much more comfortable with the wheel settings and FFB on that. I think I'll stick with that.
well your not that old yet ;) 31 is still a memory lol
If you enjoy pc2 i'll tag u in other on our thread might find some like minded gents there ..

After reading that various updates have improved it and I can avoid the headaches (literally) that the game gave me on PS4, has anyone actually got any feel out of the G29 in this game ? I'm doing a race at Zolder and the FFB rattles a bit, presumably meant to be over bumps etc but when it comes to sensation of the car, there's nothing - cold tyres, wheelspin, slide, locked brakes, there is zero feel to the wheel, I find it difficult to judge understeer/oversteer until its too late.

I've played with the settings a bit (currently using something close to Mike's on the previous page) but not getting anywhere. All this talk of an amazing physics engine and it being the best thing ever - I'm not seeing it. I've got little chance in high deg / rain etc scenarios if I just "drive by the numbers".

has anyone actually got any feel out of the G29 in this game ?

I know what you mean !
It's taken me ages to get into it , still have the same problems but found that turning everything down except the tyre noise helped a little.
find a car you can drive ok and stick to that one ,i found the Audi was better for me .
steering degrees are different in the cars if you didn't know that im running 760 in the Audi ( if i remember right)
if you find the secret let me now :)

I don't think there is any easy fix. FFB appears to be limited to replicating bumps in the road.

I've been doing a event at Zolder in the Porsche and am in the mid 33s, but its impossible to push harder because you never know what the tyres are doing.
I have found both the porsche and huracan a lot easier to handle by reducing the preload on the diff.
AI are crap too - braking early in corners is one thing, but then braking again right at the apex is silly, I take the first few corners at zlder in 3rd gear on entry, you're pretty quickly flat on the throttle but the AI (if in front) must be in second and braking at the apex.

So I compared my telemetry against an alien (check Driver61 site for hotlaps if you're into this stuff).

Some initial observations - I am not hitting 100% braking at any corner. Alien is braking on avg 10 meters later than me and achieving 100% braking. With my foot hammering the brake I'm getting 85% max.

Need to figure out these settings because they are deffo holding my times back.

Current PB at Spa in the Ferrari EVO is 2:23, if I can sort out the brakes then I'd be aiming for a sub 2:20.

So I compared my telemetry against an alien (check Driver61 site for hotlaps if you're into this stuff).

Some initial observations - I am not hitting 100% braking at any corner. Alien is braking on avg 10 meters later than me and achieving 100% braking. With my foot hammering the brake I'm getting 85% max.

Need to figure out these settings because they are deffo holding my times back.

Current PB at Spa in the Ferrari EVO is 2:23, if I can sort out the brakes then I'd be aiming for a sub 2:20.
Easiest way is probably to adjust your brake deadzone on the game.

Thought I’d get a thread going for this. Just started playing with a practice at Misano with the 488.

These are my current settings -

Gain - 80
Minimum force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100
Road - 0
Steering lock - 720 (don’t like my steering too sensitive)
Steering linearity- 1.00
Brake gamma - 1.00

So far this doesn’t feel as good as AC. Still better than anything else in console mind you. My main gripe is it feels like there is some steering assist going on, especially in the faster corners at Misano. For example, the wheel feels like there’s some force there as you first turn in, but then it goes light and almost feels as if it’s pulling you into a corner. Feels very odd and frankly wrong.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm new to the g29, can you please tell me where to find these settings??

This works (almost) wonders on my G29, PS4 slim, with Ferrari 488 and Lexus RCF in particular:

100 gain
0 minimum
65 road
150 dynamic damping
Steering lock 570
1.00 steering linearity
1.90 brake gamma
Can you please tell me where i can find theses settings?

Hello everyone. I'm new to ACC and G29, I recently bought for PS4 and started a few weeks ago. Recently with the game update everything got complicated, my steering wheel completely disfigured and new parameters appeared to configure. You too? What do you recommend?

Hey I am kind of new to console asseto corsa how did you get that screen up??? To do the deadzone

Set brake deadzone to 40%
Then you can get full braking without busting the pedal.
Downshifting, it's an odd one, sometimes if for example you want to quickly go from 3rd to 2nd, it'll go quicker if you go up to 4th then back downa lot of of it seems to be speed sensitive, there doesn't appear to be any engine braking
How do you turn the deadzone up???

How did you guys map the buttons on the face of the wheel? This is something I’m still tweaking. I’ll post mine soon.

Last edited:
Back