Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
Came back to this game to start playing the campaign on hard. I'm loving the SU-47 with unguided bombs, it also looks pretty bad ass.

Too bad the canards are bugged -_-

Namco released a trailer for the three fictional fighters featured in the season pass.

Release date for the three different packs are May 22nd for the Raven, June 26th for the Falcon and July 31st for the Morgan. It's not mentioned in the trailer, but each plane should also comes with one new campaign mission.

I really hope they intend to add some more real world fighters too.

Namco released a trailer for the three fictional fighters featured in the season pass.

Release date for the three different packs are May 22nd for the Raven, June 26th for the Falcon and July 31st for the Morgan. It's not mentioned in the trailer, but each plane should also comes with one new campaign mission.

I really hope they intend to add some more real world fighters too.

Oh, so there will be missions? That's cool then. =)
Where does this mentioned though?

Oh, so there will be missions? That's cool then. =)
Where does this mentioned though?

The season pass was advertised as including three missions. It's safe to assume, I think, that this means one mission along with each plane.

The season pass was advertised as including three missions. It's safe to assume, I think, that this means one mission along with each plane.
Nah, looks like the first three months will be just new jets. Then the second three months for the new missions.

The fictional fighters don't get me too excited, I'm hoping for more real world fighters as well. I haven't played this game since the first few weeks..... The UAV secondary weapon looks crazy though!

The fictional fighters don't get me too excited, I'm hoping for more real world fighters as well. I haven't played this game since the first few weeks..... The UAV secondary weapon looks crazy though!

I'm curious as to how the UCAV's will work though. Will they only attack one target, or will they continue to fight alongside you for a little while? The fuel air bomb and burst missile is more exciting to me. Talk about mass destruction.

But yeah, more real world aircraft, preferably 3rd or 4th generation. I'd love to see the Tornado GR.4, Harrier (any variant, although preferably British), and Mig-23 or 27. The SU-24 would make for an interesting addition, being able to carry heat seekers for self defense, and a heavier bomb load than any of the currently available aircraft.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how the UCAV's will work though. Will they only attack one target, or will they continue to fight alongside you for a little while? The fuel air bomb and burst missile is more exciting to me. Talk about mass destruction.

But yeah, more real world aircraft, preferably 3rd or 4th generation. I'd love to see the Tornado GR.4, Harrier (any variant, although preferably British), and Mig-23 or 27. The SU-24 would make for an interesting addition, being able to carry heat seekers for self defense, and a heavier bomb load than any of the currently available aircraft.

I've always wanted an F-111 in Ace Combat but it's one plane they just don't seem to care about.

I've always wanted an F-111 in Ace Combat but it's one plane they just don't seem to care about.

It's not really a multirole fighter is it? It's a supersonic tactical bomber. That said I get your point as they've managed to cram just about everything else in.

It's not really a multirole fighter is it? It's a supersonic tactical bomber. That said I get your point as they've managed to cram just about everything else in.

Yeah, mostly used for bombing but it did carry air to air missiles. It'd be an Attacker by Ace Combat standards.

I played. =)

The mission is about 30 minutes long. Has new music and new game mechanic with ESM planes.
The fight with the "bats" is too short though.

Can't wait for the next one.

Thanks for the summary. Can't wait to play it on my own.

I'm a bit disappointed in the first DLC mission. It has some nice gameplay ideas, but it also feels a bit too much like a shoot 'em up. The enemies really don't do much to evade your missiles, and enemy EW planes don't seem to really have much effect. Certainly not when compared to the friendly Growlers.

I also hoped we would get a new map for this mission rather than a repurposed one.

Is this a new VR mission, or just a flatty? If the latter then I'll pass.

I haven't hooked up my VR set to test it, but the DLC page on PSN says it's VR compatible. I assume it's not just doing that because the base game has VR features, but I could be wrong.

Does this have any type of photomode, and is it any good just to fly about, or can you not do that?

No photomode. The game does feature a free flight mode, however, given the rather simple flight engine, it's not all that entertaining to just fly about.

That's disappointing. And poor form on whoever responsible to list it as such on the PSN page.
Yeah, I was surprised that they listed VR as an option. Made me think that the mission will be short and simple with small enemy groups.
Also, the patch notes said about updated interiors for jets (no list of what jets got updated, but FALKEN now has pilot legs) that made me think that they'll add more planes to VR.

Yeah, I was surprised that they listed VR as an option. Made me think that the mission will be short and simple with small enemy groups.
Also, the patch notes said about updated interiors for jets (no list of what jets got updated, but FALKEN now has pilot legs) that made me think that they'll add more planes to VR.

From what I can tell it wasn't really that the cockpits got updated, but rather that your position or movement parameters of your "head" were changed. It's nice to be able to see more of the cockpits.

The new mission was pretty fun. I liked that it was a longer mission than most of the launch ones. Loved the big air battles. Also, alot of planes got more SP weapon counts. Most planes with 4/6/8AAM's got a good amount more. I can't wait for the next 2 missions!

Have they added widescreen support yet (21:9), or have they mentioned anything on this coming in a future patch? It's one of the things stopping me from buying now (discounted price and timed missions the other two). Yes, I'm aware that there's a ws "fix" but I hear there's HUD issues.

The second DLC mission, Anchorhead Raid, got released today. I’m just about to set off on my first playthrough of the mission.

Any opinions about this DLC content? Is it worth it or should i wait for season pass discount? I loved original AC7 but season pass price seems too steep for 3 missions and 3 planes :(

Any opinions about this DLC content? Is it worth it or should i wait for season pass discount? I loved original AC7 but season pass price seems too steep for 3 missions and 3 planes :(

The two new missions thus far are pretty good. If you like the regular game's destruction missions where you have to fulfill a points quota, then you'll probably like these missions as well. The first is a large scale aerial fighter with actual pilots, and the former features a lot of both ground and air targets. Both missions are rich in world building, and feature some of the best none story related dialogue from the Erusians. Just like the fighter jet DLC's, the missions seem to have all been added in one go, and then simply unlock at the designated dates. It's a frustrating way of doing it...

Speaking of the fighters, they are a mixed bag. The planes themselves, assuming you like fictional jets, are fine, albeit a bit samey in feel and overall design. Their unique special weapons suffer from the overall nerf in Ace Combat 7 given to the continuously fired laser and the multi use burst missile, so they don't pack the punch they ought too. The burst missile in particular feels rather useless. The laser on the fictional fighters from Unsung War and Zero actually does more damage than the others ones in the game, but still feel somewhat weak. The two standout weapons are the UCAV's and the ECM pod. The former attacks a designated target for a time independent from what you're doing, while the later provides a super buff to your plane in terms of missile tracking, while confusing enemy missiles.

Personally, I much prefer real world fighters, so for me, the fighter jet DLC's were a bit of a miss. The missions, however, are good fun.

The last DLC mission is brilliant. Epic boss fight and nice mood lighting on the new map. The F-14 armed with AIM-54 Phoenix missiles and with the Razgriz skin isn't the optimal choice, but it sure feels right.

Back