PS4 Ace Combat 7

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Akira AC, Dec 5, 2015.

1. unit-one

unit-one

Too bad the canards are bugged -_-

2. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

How so? I haven't heard/seen anything

3. unit-one

unit-one

They move in the opposite way and sometimes twitches.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    DC2_Evan likes this.
  4. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

Interesting, I'll have to keep my eye out for that.

5. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

Namco released a trailer for the three fictional fighters featured in the season pass.

Release date for the three different packs are May 22nd for the Raven, June 26th for the Falcon and July 31st for the Morgan. It's not mentioned in the trailer, but each plane should also comes with one new campaign mission.

I really hope they intend to add some more real world fighters too.

6. unit-one

unit-one

Oh, so there will be missions? That's cool then. =)
    Where does this mentioned though?

7. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

The season pass was advertised as including three missions. It's safe to assume, I think, that this means one mission along with each plane.

8. unit-one

unit-one

Nah, looks like the first three months will be just new jets. Then the second three months for the new missions.

9. Paulie

Paulie Premium

The fictional fighters don't get me too excited, I'm hoping for more real world fighters as well. I haven't played this game since the first few weeks..... The UAV secondary weapon looks crazy though!

10. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

I'm curious as to how the UCAV's will work though. Will they only attack one target, or will they continue to fight alongside you for a little while? The fuel air bomb and burst missile is more exciting to me. Talk about mass destruction.

But yeah, more real world aircraft, preferably 3rd or 4th generation. I'd love to see the Tornado GR.4, Harrier (any variant, although preferably British), and Mig-23 or 27. The SU-24 would make for an interesting addition, being able to carry heat seekers for self defense, and a heavier bomb load than any of the currently available aircraft.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  11. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I've always wanted an F-111 in Ace Combat but it's one plane they just don't seem to care about.

12. Slapped

Slapped Premium

It's not really a multirole fighter is it? It's a supersonic tactical bomber. That said I get your point as they've managed to cram just about everything else in.

13. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Yeah, mostly used for bombing but it did carry air to air missiles. It'd be an Attacker by Ace Combat standards.

14. karlkabooom

karlkabooom

Has anyone played the new DLC mission that has been released today?

15. unit-one

unit-one

I played. =)

The mission is about 30 minutes long. Has new music and new game mechanic with ESM planes.
    The fight with the "bats" is too short though.

Can't wait for the next one.

karlkabooom likes this.
  16. karlkabooom

karlkabooom

Thanks for the summary. Can't wait to play it on my own.

unit-one likes this.
  17. Slapped

Slapped Premium

Is this a new VR mission, or just a flatty? If the latter then I'll pass.

18. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Does this have any type of photomode, and is it any good just to fly about, or can you not do that?

19. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

I'm a bit disappointed in the first DLC mission. It has some nice gameplay ideas, but it also feels a bit too much like a shoot 'em up. The enemies really don't do much to evade your missiles, and enemy EW planes don't seem to really have much effect. Certainly not when compared to the friendly Growlers.

I also hoped we would get a new map for this mission rather than a repurposed one.

I haven't hooked up my VR set to test it, but the DLC page on PSN says it's VR compatible. I assume it's not just doing that because the base game has VR features, but I could be wrong.

No photomode. The game does feature a free flight mode, however, given the rather simple flight engine, it's not all that entertaining to just fly about.

imported_rik19 likes this.
  20. unit-one

unit-one

I don't see the mission on the VR list. :\

21. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

That's disappointing. And poor form on whoever responsible to list it as such on the PSN page.

22. unit-one

unit-one

Yeah, I was surprised that they listed VR as an option. Made me think that the mission will be short and simple with small enemy groups.
    Also, the patch notes said about updated interiors for jets (no list of what jets got updated, but FALKEN now has pilot legs) that made me think that they'll add more planes to VR.

23. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

From what I can tell it wasn't really that the cockpits got updated, but rather that your position or movement parameters of your "head" were changed. It's nice to be able to see more of the cockpits.

24. DC2_Evan

DC2_Evan

The new mission was pretty fun. I liked that it was a longer mission than most of the launch ones. Loved the big air battles. Also, alot of planes got more SP weapon counts. Most planes with 4/6/8AAM's got a good amount more. I can't wait for the next 2 missions!

unit-one likes this.
  25. unit-one

unit-one

[​IMG]

Dan likes this.
  26. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender

Have they added widescreen support yet (21:9), or have they mentioned anything on this coming in a future patch? It's one of the things stopping me from buying now (discounted price and timed missions the other two). Yes, I'm aware that there's a ws "fix" but I hear there's HUD issues.