Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
If the multiplayer gameplay is anything like Infinity's (two teams compete to destroy everything), I sure hope fighters are balanced. It was so frustrating to fly in to battle with my slow-as-hell A-10 Warthog, only to find that every ground target was wiped out by high-speed, highly maneuverable fighter jets.

Yeah I'm sick of the Infinity grind. Be interesting to see how much of that games features get carried over to 7.

I retired from AC: Infinity several months ago but I am pretty confident we long time fans should be in for a treat.

EDIT: @Dan ... I think everything was pretty balanced in Infinity IF your aircraft was leveled high enough. I routinely used an the A-10 with 4AGM's successfully.

I'd like to see a more co-op based multiplayer mode, one where everyone is rewarded for completing a mission rather than one team competing against the other to destroy the most. That way you don't always need to fly a crazy uber jet to be successful.

Dan
If the multiplayer gameplay is anything like Infinity's (two teams compete to destroy everything), I sure hope fighters are balanced. It was so frustrating to fly in to battle with my slow-as-hell A-10 Warthog, only to find that every ground target was wiped out by high-speed, highly maneuverable fighter jets.

I retired from AC: Infinity several months ago but I am pretty confident we long time fans should be in for a treat.

EDIT: @Dan ... I think everything was pretty balanced in Infinity IF your aircraft was leveled high enough. I routinely used an the A-10 with 4AGM's successfully.

The Attackers weren't bad, but definitely any jet really needed to be on the same level as your opponents. Even my F-117 held its own against top-flite opponents.

I'd like to see a more co-op based multiplayer mode, one where everyone is rewarded for completing a mission rather than one team competing against the other to destroy the most. That way you don't always need to fly a crazy uber jet to be successful.

The Attackers weren't bad, but definitely any jet really needed to be on the same level as your opponents. Even my F-117 held its own against top-flite opponents.

Agreed! I would love to see Ace Combat ditch the lone wolf approach and actually have assigned roles for each team. One person handles air to air, the other gets air to ground, the third player handles air to surface (water) targets while the fourth person could handle some type of support role.

Yes! Once i got my planes around Level 15, I found I was in pretty good shape with just about any aircraft, although I did favor certain types in specific levels.

So, let's do a quick run down.

- Omg, There's an F-104 Starfighter!
- Rain effects on the cockpit, perhaps even dynamic weather? Clouds looking awesome too.
- Story going to play around with the concept of a nation, which could be interesting, assuming they do it right.
- Blue lazers? Yeah, I have no idea what else to call it.
- Aside from the F-104, the F-15, Mirage 2000 and Rafale added to the known plane rooster. Sad to not have seen an F-16 yet, but I'll assume it's in the game. I mean, there is no possible way it could be left out.
- We'll potentially fly with 4 wingmen this time around? (Based on the end of the trailer)

I'm awaiting more info with the utmost impatience... Also, no release window :( (Read later post, the game will reportedly release in 2017!)

Last edited:
Stonehenge! :eek:

faea1c881ff7dfb3556e1d004eb54950.jpg

Ace Combat 4 and Infinity

Ahh, that would explain why I know nothing of it. Razgriz master race!!! :lol:

Edit: Found some very important info. The site claims to have this from Namco itself.

"Ace Combat 7 will launch in 2017 and install gamers in the cockpit of the most advanced warplanes ever developed!

Ace Combat 7 offers photo-realistic visuals, intense dog-fighting action, a multitude of authentic and futuristic aircraft with an immersive story-line and support for PlayStation VR! Leveraging the power of the newest generation gaming hardware, Ace Combat 7 will blow players away with the evolution of its graphics engine. Beautifully rendered cloud-filled skies and highly detailed cityscapes enhance the sense of unparalleled speed and set the stage for the most engaging aerial battles in the franchise’s storied 20 year history. Ace Combat 7 will provide an arsenal of ultra-modern super weapons and formidable enemies that the series is known for!

PlayStation 4 players will also be able to get immersed in Ace Combat 7’s realism through exclusive features developed specifically for the PlayStation VR."

Source: http://nichegamer.com/2016/12/03/ace-combat-7-launches-2017-globally-new-trailer/

Last edited:
So, let's do a quick run down.

- Omg, There's an F-104 Starfighter!
- Rain effects on the cockpit, perhaps even dynamic weather? Clouds looking awesome too.
- Hopefully I'm wrong here, but we might be looking at yet another case of all the planes using the same basic cockpit. I really hope this isn't the case, as it would give the individual planes so much more identity if they had their real world cockpits modelled. This would especially benefit VR.
- Story going to play around with the concept of a nation, which could be interesting, assuming they do it right.
- Blue lazers? Yeah, I have no idea what else to call it.
- Aside from the F-104, the F-15, Mirage 2000 and Rafale added to the known plane rooster. Sad to not have seen an F-16 yet, but I'll assume it's in the game. I mean, there is no possible way it could be left out.
- We'll potentially fly with 4 wingmen this time around? (Based on the end of the trailer)

I'm awaiting more info with the utmost impatience... Also, no release window :( (Read later post, the game will reportedly release in 2017!)

What do you mean by that? Generic cockpits? The cockpits are different from each other...

I believe I saw one in the trailer:
f-16.png

What do you mean by that? Generic cockpits? The cockpits are different from each other...

I believe I saw one in the trailer:
View attachment 611950

The images that Formidable have posted do indeed show two different cockpits. My guess is that the first cockpit is from an older fighter, back when having a billion gauges were still the norm. The 2nd image then, is for a newer fighter, with digital screens having taken over. The HUD icon displays what appears to be an F-18, and a quick Google search reveals that that is not an F-18 cockpit.

The images that Formidable have posted do indeed show two different cockpits. My guess is that the first cockpit is from an older fighter, back when having a billion gauges were still the norm. The 2nd image then, is for a newer fighter, with digital screens having taken over. The HUD icon displays what appears to be an F-18, and a quick Google search reveals that that is not an F-18 cockpit.

He showed three distinctive cockpits. The first from the F-104 Starfighter, the second from the F-15C Eagle and the third from the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (which has a slightly different cockpit from the A/B/C/D versions of the Hornet).
The cockpits represent their real life counterparts, always has been the case as far as I know from previous games.

Edit:
screenshot00102_uufa.2560.png

screen1_wgpm.2560.png

screen2_uj9k.2560.png

screen3_rmus.2560.png

screen4_vprr.2560.png

Last edited:
He showed three distinctive cockpits. The first from the F-104 Starfighter, the second from the F-15C Eagle and the third from the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (which has a slightly different cockpit from the A/B/C/D versions of the Hornet).
The cockpits represent their real life counterparts, always has been the case as far as I know from previous games.

You are right. That is indeed the cockpit of the F-104, and the HUD icon that I thought displayed an F-18, is in fact displaying an F-15, which makes the cockpit correct. Well, this is good news. 👍

Never played an Ace Combat game and I typically suck at flying in games, but that trailer looked awesome. Definitely gonna pick it up at some point.

Edit:
screenshot00102_uufa.2560.png

screen1_wgpm.2560.png

screen2_uj9k.2560.png

screen3_rmus.2560.png

screen4_vprr.2560.png
Wait....OADF...015....015?! EDGE?! 0_0 AND ITS PAINTED OVER?! WARDOG!? :eek:

Last edited:
First impressions on AC7 played in VR.

https://www.google.dk/amp/wwg.com/a...ce-ace-combat-7-vr-hands-on-highway-to-the-d/

Also found some screens confirming the F-16 to be in the game.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/ace-combat-7-launches-2017-psx-2016-trailer

Edit: That 2nd last picture with the Rafale. Is that the same island/airfield you operate out of in the first couple of missions in Unsung War?

Finally we have a base version of the F-16 with those IFF antennas in front of the cockpit. Makes the plane look more agressive.

Nice to see that the camera angle can move a lot more, so now we see the full cockpit.
And nice that, atleast in VR, we see the radar displaying in one of the LCD screens inside the cockpit.

After watching that trailer a few times I am as excited as ever! This game will be the main reason I am buying PlayStation VR.

I will wait until I see full confirmation of it, but it looks as if we get to look at the entire cockpit of the plane we are flying. This will add some immersion to the game that's for sure, especially since Project Aces started giving us cockpits of ever plane we fly since AC04.

Back