• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Situation at 24h to go:

- I'm 41st with 353k;
- Top 20 is 429k;
- Top 200 is 232k;
- Top 1.000 is 51k;
- Top 3.000 is 19.7k.

I think you're pretty safe, if somebody who is 200th up to this date still has ~150 stocked fuels left and the time to burn them all, they deserve to get the flippin' jet.:crazy:

@Paulie I SHOULD be safe, but 130k are pretty easy to do under forced, admitting you need 120 fuel to do that, means 40 sorties. And I did this number of sorties in 6 hours. Yes, 200 ppl should have to do this, but it's still a possibility.
Plus, in 24h top 200 went from 157k to 232k. If we admit the same progress, for the end of the tourney top 200 should be at least at 310k. Again, thinking on a regular progress, if lot of ppl decide to buy lot of fuel and burn everything today, there will be an escalation. I'll keep it ready and tomorrow I'll set clock alarm at 6am (CET), 3 hours before the end, to be sure being in top 200 and eventually burn some fuel to keep it safe.

Hey guys! It's been a long time since the last time I posted in this thread. :D

I'm loving the Scarface tournament like a lot now. Currently 2136th in the tournament, I hope that I would still be above the 3000s until tomorrow morning. :)

Hey guys! It's been a long time since the last time I posted in this thread. :D

I'm loving the Scarface tournament like a lot now. Currently 2136th in the tournament, I hope that I would still be above the 3000s until tomorrow morning. :)

Top 3.000 is pretty easy, you will just need to keep use supplied at this point, at maximum 5 stocked also. Also top 1.000 is easier than usual. The "problem" is top 200, where ppl are keep pushing. At the end, character is not much famous between ppl still playing, but it's still a 775Cst plane with 6AAM.

Keeping a solid top 3K spot and testing my Y13 with LVL 5 QAAMs.
With Mobile fin L, Speed L and the QAAM part they are lethal compared to the STD missile.
Sometimes they do a second pass on the target but that's quite unusual.
In Naval assault I used the same setup, except I was equipping LVL 4 QAAMs.
The weapon is still balanced and gave me the chance to collect a good number ov MVP but the main downside is: you can't oneshot F-22s and T-50s, other red TGTs yes.
The payload at LVL 9 is enough, 30 missiles, I'm not sure if the get a slighlty buff on the damage if I upgrade the fighter to LVL10.

Keeping a solid top 3K spot and testing my Y13 with LVL 5 QAAMs.
With Mobile fin L, Speed L and the QAAM part they are lethal compared to the STD missile.
Sometimes they do a second pass on the target but that's quite unusual.
In Naval assault I used the same setup, except I was equipping LVL 4 QAAMs.
The weapon is still balanced and gave me the chance to collect a good number ov MVP but the main downside is: you can't oneshot F-22s and T-50s, other red TGTs yes.
The payload at LVL 9 is enough, 30 missiles, I'm not sure if the get a slighlty buff on the damage if I upgrade the fighter to LVL10.

No, it has been confirmed that levelling up plane don't give any bonus damage on special weapon. Those said it in GameFAQs time ago mispelled the standard for the special. For sure, at level 10 you will have a couple more, which is never a bad thing.
Instead, I'm gonna try a complete special weapon setup on the Su-35 -S1- when I'll have it and upgraded at level 7, to enhance as much as possible the HPAA (already level 5). Let's see...

Did 2 sorties tonight. Managed to get 1967th place in the tournament, I'm hoping that the competition won't be tough tomorrow morning.

I should reach 360k points with remaining supplied from now to tomorrow before the end of the tourney. Should I burn also a bit of stocked fuel to be sure keep top 200?
On the notice: top 200 raised from 230k of this morning to almost 270k, at a 5k per hour rating.

I should reach 360k points with remaining supplied from now to tomorrow before the end of the tourney. Should I burn also a bit of stocked fuel to be sure keep top 200?
On the notice: top 200 raised from 230k of this morning to almost 270k, at a 5k per hour rating.
I usually do the sortie control on midnight, if the situation goes critical (350/330K), I'd burn fuel, then just keep an eye on your spot until it's over.

I usually do the sortie control on midnight, if the situation goes critical (350/330K), I'd burn fuel, then just keep an eye on your spot until it's over.

In fact I was thinking on: before going to bed (around 11pm CET) check a last time. If top 200 is still under 300k, I can go sleep and wake up at 6am CET (3 hours before the end) just to keep checking and in case burn fuel.

I did it! I was 101st at 3 minutes to the finish, with 25k over 200th place.

Next tournament: X-02 Co-op reward. And they added a new A-10 to the rewards, called Distant Thunder, it is a bit better than -GR- and -HH- and have a lightning skin.

Just walking in here... :P

I've been wondering if this game is worth playing. Seeing how I have played the Ace Combat series from 1-5, has there been any significant changes in gameplay at all, and is it at all super tedious?

Thanks for your input in advance 👍

@Grandea GTR Listen, the gameplay is some sort of AC5 and AC6 with some balance changes on planes and special weapons.
Worth to play with as long as you already think if play free or gonna buy something. In first case, it's slow but it let you play completely free, but don't think to join more than 1 tournament each 2 months, 3 for characters' prized plane, because there cashing players will win every day. In second... Well, be ready to spend quite good amount of money.

Just walking in here... :P

I've been wondering if this game is worth playing. Seeing how I have played the Ace Combat series from 1-5, has there been any significant changes in gameplay at all, and is it at all super tedious?

Thanks for your input in advance 👍

To second what @Flaren89 said, this game plays very similar to AC4-5, but unless you like spending real cash on the game, it's a very slow process to progress to better jets and upgrades.

Edit: I got my butt kicked tonight!:indiff: Just one of those bad luck runs where someone else gets your kill JUST before your missile hits every time. Don't you hate it when a Su-47 is flying in circles and you just can't hit it, so you become hell bent on killing it before someone else comes along and nails it like it was flying straight?:dunce:

Last edited:
Next tournament:
- Top 20 "Long Waited Aircraft" nickname (I smell like PA's trolling);
- Top 200 X-02 -Knight- 850Cst with 6AAM, QAAM and 4AGM + "Wyvern" nickname;
- Top 1.000 Su-34 skin + "Almost There" nickname;
- Top 3.000 F-15C skin;
- Top 5.000 "Variable Swept-Forward Wing" nickname.

Edit: I got my butt kicked tonight!:indiff: Just one of those bad luck runs where someone else gets your kill JUST before your missile hits every time. Don't you hate it when a Su-47 is flying in circles and you just can't hit it, so you become hell bent on killing it before someone else comes along and nails it like it was flying straight?:dunce:

LOL. I hate that endless circle guy so freaking much! :)

Hooray, more stuff I won't get because I can't stay connected long enough without getting DSC'd :indiff:

Finally got the Su-35 Event Skin #02 today after hours and hours of keeping my rank above 3000 in the Scarface tournament. So happy.

Anyways, @Paulie do you want to play sorties together sometimes like how we used to last year? I could use some help to level up the Su-35.

I don't know if burn this weekend using also SOLG III appearance increased and possibly a gold crate increased drop. Or wait after patch... (for level up the Su-35 -S1- at least to level 7).

I don't know if burn this weekend using also SOLG III appearance increased and possibly a gold crate increased drop. Or wait after patch... (for level up the Su-35 -S1- at least to level 7).

How many stocked fuels do you have man? You seem to have like tons of them judging from your posts.

@ibnumgt1 125 right now.

And here we have some newely photos of the Su-35 -S1- :P

http://s25.postimg.org/4wqw3vjwv/Su_35_S1_setup.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/rqofquxzj/Su_35_S1_hangar.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/ysmdd21lb/Su_35_S1_Free_flight_1.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/k85ai86mn/Su_35_S1_Free_flight_2.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/5njm9nma7/Su_35_S1_Free_flight_3.jpg

It is interesting to notice that, just like Z.O.E. skin for Falken, it changes the palette between hangar and real gameplay, it looks quite bluenish.

A-10 -Distant Thunder- is a random drop eh? @Vitocorp I have a feeling that we won't have to wait long!

@Flaren89 they could be random drops seeing that there's so many of them + the article has the -SpecialName- annotation after the aircraft name so probably special aircraft.

A-10 -Distant Thunder- is a random drop eh? @Vitocorp I have a feeling that we won't have to wait long!

@Flaren89 they could be random drops seeing that there's so many of them + the article has the -SpecialName- annotation after the aircraft name so probably special aircraft.
I want to go for this X-02 too :(
Was my main tool in AC Zero so much feels

What is SOLG Lexell? I'm guessing it's just the SOLG III/Gold level?
I sure would like to pick up that A-10 Distant Thunder as well!

Next tournament:
- Top 20 "Long Waited Aircraft" nickname (I smell like PA's trolling);
- Top 200 X-02 -Knight- 850Cst with 6AAM, QAAM and 4AGM + "Wyvern" nickname;
- Top 1.000 Su-34 skin + "Almost There" nickname;
- Top 3.000 F-15C skin;
- Top 5.000 "Variable Swept-Forward Wing" nickname.

Oh my goodness this X-02 is so OP looking, I think I may go for it. How many fuel units did you use to get top 200 on the Scarface tournament in the end? I started with 204 stocked fuels tonight, finished on 202 after I did a forced sortie x3 on a SOLG II.
I'm beginning to wonder if a special F-35 will ever appear anyway.

Finally got the Su-35 Event Skin #02 today after hours and hours of keeping my rank above 3000 in the Scarface tournament. So happy.

Anyways, @Paulie do you want to play sorties together sometimes like how we used to last year? I could use some help to level up the Su-35.

Well, I'm thinking I might hella sortie and burn lots and lots of fuel this weekend to compete for this hectic Wyvern, so we should have plenty of chances.;)

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/012/1012169/

Yay
And I'm just here waiting for the Mobius.

HJlHnzn.png

But seriously, that F-22 would have to be an upgrade over stock so is probably quite powerful.

@Paulie I started with 387, I finished with 121, considering I got some dropped in the meanwhile. 101st with 25k points more than 200th.
Lexell is SOLG III (Gold), as already known from trailer.

Back