Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Not like it matters for me anyway since all I get is "Lost connection with host" :indiff:

Unless they finally bring more stuff for campaign mode, I'm more then likely done with this game.

I've been finding it amusing lately how my crappy MiG-21 has become more expensive to upgrade at the same level than the far superior F-14A, but looking at that chart it does appear that it will flip back the other way eventually... not that I'll ever be able to spend that kind of money on low-end jets as a free player.

Sometimes this game makes no sense.

P.S.: Are they seriously expecting people to pay 9 bucks for Free Flight mode? Yes, I was surprised and a little disappointed there wasn't such a mode to begin with. No, I'm not paying for it now.

Well then, I'd say this game just got a very limited life span for me as well, I can't believe they made the R-101 $4.5m to purchase, it's no different to a Falken. There will reach a point very soon where I've unlocked the whole tree, and the only things left are things that take a year of playing and saving to afford.

Well, I bought yesterday Assetto Corsa Dream Pack DLC and it's really HUGE! With 1.1 patch coming which will fully release the DLC and also improve a lot the game, I think that Scamco could kept me playing this game with the patch, but screwed it and gave me a reason to almost leave.

I've also decided I don't like Avalon, there's something very off about the target recognition in that mission, sometimes I find it very difficult to get the targets right in front of me, and the 4AGM will often not lock on to any plethora of ground targets available.
Plus spamming a bunch of low value ground targets is fairly unrewarding.

Edit: Even the whales on YouTube can't afford to upgrade the R-101 past level 1 yet. Seesaawiki estimates that the level 6 upgrade cost for the R-101 (as in level 6 alone, not 1-6) will be $14.85m.

Last edited:
Idolmaster Mirage, F-22 and B-2 dropped in my completely free-to-play aggressor account in the space of 36 hours, with the latter two literally one sortie after the other.

This just adds to my theory that random drops aren't completely random!

Anyway I'll probably give that pink behemoth a go after the forced sortie weekend just to see what it's like. May even level it if there's no other pressing projects I'd like to work on (apart from study and the car club...).

Idolmaster Mirage, F-22 and B-2 dropped in my completely free-to-play aggressor account in the space of 36 hours, with the latter two literally one sortie after the other.

This just adds to my theory that random drops aren't completely random!

Anyway I'll probably give that pink behemoth a go after the forced sortie weekend just to see what it's like. May even level it if there's no other pressing projects I'd like to work on (apart from study and the car club...).

Why would you want to level the pink B-2?:lol: Amazingly, it's worse, much worse than the B-1B. It's probably one of the worst jets in the entire game.
On a side note, I haven't had a single Idolm@ster jet drop yet.
I like the emblems in the upcoming tournament, having the Southern Cross on it and all. Good thing the one I want is only like top 5000 or something.
I'm currently waiting out the long storm of research panels opened from the update so I can resume upgrading the Falken. Having two level 10 jets meant two jets are trying to research level 11. They only seem to do less than 1% each time, then there's the new parts as well.

Edit: I'm still struggling with the notion of the cost of these new jets. Are we missing something that's going to make earning $$$ heaps faster in the very near future?

Edit: So, if seesaawiki's estimations/figures are correct, it'd cost $72.09m to buy and upgrade the R-101. Let's just throw an average sortie figure of $20k in, assuming fully reimbursed credits, not winning every match etc. That's 3605 fuel units. I only get to use 5 fuel units/day, which is 35 units per week. So...that's 2yrs of playing this game EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. and not researching/spending cash on anything else. Of course, with drops/tournaments/special raids it'd be a tiny bit faster but come on, are they serious?
Alternatively, how much does fuel cost these days? What would be the real world dollar value of 3605 fuel units?
Oh, and the XFA-27 costs the same amount!:crazy:

Last edited:
Why would you want to level the pink B-2?:lol: Amazingly, it's worse, much worse than the B-1B. It's probably one of the worst jets in the entire game.
On a side note, I haven't had a single Idolm@ster jet drop yet.
I like the emblems in the upcoming tournament, having the Southern Cross on it and all. Good thing the one I want is only like top 5000 or something.
I'm currently waiting out the long storm of research panels opened from the update so I can resume upgrading the Falken. Having two level 10 jets meant two jets are trying to research level 11. They only seem to do less than 1% each time, then there's the new parts as well.

Edit: I'm still struggling with the notion of the cost of these new jets. Are we missing something that's going to make earning $$$ heaps faster in the very near future?

Edit: So, if seesaawiki's estimations/figures are correct, it'd cost $72.09m to buy and upgrade the R-101. Let's just throw an average sortie figure of $20k in, assuming fully reimbursed credits, not winning every match etc. That's 3605 fuel units. I only get to use 5 fuel units/day, which is 35 units per week. So...that's 2yrs of playing this game EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. and not researching/spending cash on anything else. Of course, with drops/tournaments/special raids it'd be a tiny bit faster but come on, are they serious?
Alternatively, how much does fuel cost these days? What would be the real world dollar value of 3605 fuel units?
Oh, and the XFA-27 costs the same amount!:crazy:

Haha yeah that good old one star B-2. It's probably the best 1 star plane in the game though, with the ability to spam MUGBs and being virtually free. Reasons for leveling include the chance to MVP in the most ridiculous plane in the game :lol:. I'd probably just work on the aircraft tree and unlock all the new parts though.

The two new planes are nothing more than a money grab from Bamco. They're testing the waters to see if whales will be willing to spend thousands on dollars leveling up a single plane. Even if they don't there will be F2P players who will eventually get around to buying those planes, they need us to hang around and keep playing regularly so that the player base remains active (and to keep the whales company).

I wonder if we'll be able to get the SR-71 at some point. It would be cool to basically have a rocket ship that only HVAAs or the Delphinus' LAAMs can chase down when you're flying around in TDM.

Haha yeah that good old one star B-2. It's probably the best 1 star plane in the game though, with the ability to spam MUGBs and being virtually free. Reasons for leveling include the chance to MVP in the most ridiculous plane in the game :lol:. I'd probably just work on the aircraft tree and unlock all the new parts though.

The two new planes are nothing more than a money grab from Bamco. They're testing the waters to see if whales will be willing to spend thousands on dollars leveling up a single plane. Even if they don't there will be F2P players who will eventually get around to buying those planes, they need us to hang around and keep playing regularly so that the player base remains active (and to keep the whales company).

I wonder if we'll be able to get the SR-71 at some point. It would be cool to basically have a rocket ship that only HVAAs or the Delphinus' LAAMs can chase down when you're flying around in TDM.

They should just make a better Ace Combat with cool community features and an even larger list of planes available on PS4. Not free to play of course. A normaly game that you buy and play as much as you like. This game has clearly reached its limits if that's the cost of things from now on.

untitled_by_unitoone-d8kqr6z.jpg

:lol: Moscow Battle in a Lacer was fun.

In this TDM, what really matters is the lag. In rooms where I am green/yellow I always do good things, even MVP sometimes. In rooms where I am red... meh, it's hard to even get more than 10k.

About the XFA-27 and Delphinus ridicolous price.... Do you want to know how much you have to spend for buy and upgrade them to level 10? 72.09 milions EACH.

In this TDM, what really matters is the lag. In rooms where I am green/yellow I always do good things, even MVP sometimes. In rooms where I am red... meh, it's hard to even get more than 10k.

About the XFA-27 and Delphinus ridicolous price.... Do you want to know how much you have to spend for buy and upgrade them to level 10? 72.09 milions EACH.

And during that time, they'll add Delphinus #2, Delphinus #3, Geopelia, etc. And they will cost even more. xD j/k

Still no MiG-31 xD

Got two of the idolm@ster aircraft yesterday (F-15C and I believe a F/A-18) and that was within the first three sorties. Not sure what to feel really.

Edit: Second aircraft was a AV-8B, not a F/A-18

Last edited:
I did a fuel burn last night to get as high as possible in the TDM rankings and get as close to getting the falcon as possible. I burned around 30 units of fuel using X3 sorties and both contracts almost all through the TDM. (I would get 90-150k each time) I don't know how much cash I got but I went and got the YF-23, the HVAA upgrade and the Morgan. Plus I accidentally did some upgrades for other planes, $350,000 or so I believe. But that put me into the 190's on the board. I'm at 250 some now. Hopefully that will last the length of the tournament. Since I wanna get at least 3000 for the emblem and Su-37 skin.
Why this tournament? Cause it's one of the few I have a chance at, I don't play TDM much, I want the Falken, Being king of the skies sounds pretty awesome.

I may have done so well in the rankings because I was milking from lower ranking rooms. Equal or lower than my 1550 cst. Guys with 1700+ would kill me!

But I found a decent method to stay alive and get kills. My level 10 Typhoon with Level 3 6AAM
Step 1. Modify jet for maximum acceleration and speed, increase durability to max. (I tried stealth L but didn't help IMO)
2. Arm it will Homing L and Damage L for normal missiles, increase speed if possible. and SP missile homing/Damage as well.
3. In battle, keep your speed up, anything below 500-700 mph I would say is dangerous for you.
-Look for the slow moving guys, (radar or by eye) They are sweet pickings for your missiles.
4. Don't fly around crazy like to avoid missiles, and don't follow someone incessantly.
-Watch your radar, see the missiles coming at you, dodge at at least 45 degree angles from it's trajectory.
-Be flexible, don't stay on one target for I would say more than 15-30 seconds.
-Again look for slow moving guys, I switch from a fast, turning guy to a slower, accelerating (going straight) guy every time.
5. Spam Those specials! Your standards are your more accurate ones, but you need them all the time, time them well.
6. Set your Radar to display height of your opponents, quite helpful. (small lower, Big higher)
7. Stay alive tips
-Go where no one is, up high, down low, etc. (keep up your speed to always get away)
-Keep faster than your tailing opponent, If your faster they will move in straighter lines giving your teammates a better chance to get them. This also allows them not to get so close and makes avoiding missiles easier.
-Use brakes only to do a few stronger turns, soon your out of speed. If you can't get them within a few applications of brake turning then brake off and get your speed back. This way your your opponent in front and behind is left wondering what's going on (and more like a sitting duck).
-Again move at 45 degrees or more to missiles approaching your tail. (use radar) Keep as much speed as possible

My special moves

-Get away from the battle, turn around and spearhead with 6AAM's long range and multitarget to hit many opponents at once. Usually get a few hits on someone every other pass. This also allows you to scope out the battle from afar and see slow fliers or open 6's to get on the back of. (use the radar to predict who's available)
-Use the ceiling to your advantage. (An old AC move I've used) Look at the horizon gauge and go straight up (the 90 mark) to about 41,000 feet. You will stall here. start a loop near 41,000 to get the plane closer to straight down and turn faster. Dive in and unleash upon your victim(s) and fly away with high speed. You may be vulnerable when climbing so use it wisely. (fyi it is harder to hit a target above you (opponent) and easier to hit a target below you.
-Basically make high speed passes at targets, focus on low health, or low speed. Dodge missiles as they tail you while holding speed. Opponents will rarely follow you when your far enough away, if they do then they are first to receive what you have ready once you turn around. (since you are faster)

I hope this was helpful in some way, if only in knowing how to kill me better!

I got a streak of 8 if not 10 losses in a row. Losing by TONS of points or by a VERY VERY VERY little.
That's frustrating since most of the time I end up being the best fighter in my team or at least top 3 overall.
Still using Y13 LVL 9 with QAAMs LVL5. Pitch Yaw and Roll L, SP Weapon Speed, Homing L and the QAAM part S.
The plane is great except the tendency of stall and the QAAMs are quite deadly despite the kinda low quantity, and this setup is not great for std missiles afficionado.
The 45° trick for avoiding the missile is GREAT (usually I go for a full 90, much more effective), but sometimes the alert doesn't sound so you need to check the radar a lot of times.
The circle strategy won't help you that much, I've tried in frusration and still got hit.
I don't like this game mode, despite I'm preforming good I should say, my MR keeps going up despite all the losses.
I'll try my best to keep me inside the top 3K without spending stocked fuel, for now, it seems quite possible, the emblem is super-cool!

My strategy is similar, I have the YF-23 on level 10, standard missiles upgraded with all Large bits. I just keep the throttle pinned, fly away from the battle zone and then do fly-bys through it, attacking who ever looks vulnerable. Having the speed up and living in the radar is essential, I've gone entire TDM without taking a single hit. Mind you, I'm not the greatest pilot at TDM anyway, I'm a 1600's MR, anyone higher or around that level I can't hit.
I still haven't seen a single Idolmaster drop, but I am looking forward to the Southen Cross emblems.

The circle strategy won't help you that much, I've tried in frusration and still got hit.

I don't know where I said circles but I meant is a tall 0 kind of thing. Where it's like Paulie said, long repeated passes. With the obvious dodging to avoid missiles.

Would you guys happen to know the price of the parts between the Morgan and the Falken? (TLS Efficiency and SP Homing) I want to save up for those but also want to spend cash on other stuff.

I also did some comparisons between various fighters and the falken is best for gaining performance with the least level upgrades. Plus it is the best all around for everything against all the standard fighters at level 10. to the F-22, Typhoon, YF-23, Su-37 and T-50. The X-02 beats it only on Stability, A2G, (obviously; mulitrole) and they match for defence. The ADF-01 also wins for having the most part slots for a fighter and most 4AAM's out of any fighter.
Also the X-02 is only slightly better than the Morgan in speed, mobility and defense. Morgan ever so slightly wins in A2G. And similarly priced thoughout. So if your thinking about the falken which is in the minority you can't go wrong with the morgan for a multirole. Especially if you like the SP weapons.

I don't know where I said circles but I meant is a tall 0 kind of thing. Where it's like Paulie said, long repeated passes. With the obvious dodging to avoid missiles.

Would you guys happen to know the price of the parts between the Morgan and the Falken? (TLS Efficiency and SP Homing) I want to save up for those but also want to spend cash on other stuff.

I also did some comparisons between various fighters and the falken is best for gaining performance with the least level upgrades. Plus it is the best all around for everything against all the standard fighters at level 10. to the F-22, Typhoon, YF-23, Su-37 and T-50. The X-02 beats it only on Stability, A2G, (obviously; mulitrole) and they match for defence. The ADF-01 also wins for having the most part slots for a fighter and most 4AAM's out of any fighter.
Also the X-02 is only slightly better than the Morgan in speed, mobility and defense. Morgan ever so slightly wins in A2G. And similarly priced thoughout. So if your thinking about the falken which is in the minority you can't go wrong with the morgan for a multirole. Especially if you like the SP weapons.

Of course the Falken is the best Fighter, it has the highest cost of any affordable jet.:P
For the cost of parts prices, seesaawiki is your friend. On that list you'll find all parts and how much they cost.
The Morgan is nice, but I'll stick with my F-35, got to represent ya'll! Plus nobody uses F-35s any more since they're outclassed. I'm thinking I may upgrade my YF-23 to at least level 11, that may just be enough to give it the capability to one-shot any F-22s or T-50s at any time, currently I need Datalink to do it. (Then I could use Datalink for quick recharge instead) It should make it as fast as the Falken as well, without upgrades.

Last edited:
They should just make a better Ace Combat with cool community features and an even larger list of planes available on PS4. Not free to play of course. A normaly game that you buy and play as much as you like. This game has clearly reached its limits if that's the cost of things from now on.

Infinity is still pretty good for a free to play in my opinion. Not too fussed about the ridiculously priced fictionals since there's still some aircraft like the Falken, Morgan and X-02 to keep us busy until a tournament of your fancy shows up.

Speaking of which:

784B44FD-69B3-48E1-BA99-9D4257D6B706_zpsgxdgqpef.jpg~original

Source: http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/EmoFoxJetPilot/library/Mobile Uploads/ACI Leaks?sort=3&page=1

Oh and @Vitocorp, Gryphus F-22 has 6AAMs. How will the animation work with 6 missiles that can be launched from the lower bay door??

EDIT: Just had a look at the X-02's 6AAMs and if they have 6 missiles right next to each other it might just fit in the F-22's lower missile bay. Gets me thinking whether the F-22 Mobius will have 6AAMs since according to the lore Mobius One has "the combat capability of an entire squadron".

Last edited:
What is the T-50 Akula?:odd: Who ever posted that picture desperately needs a real life.

Apparently the screencaps are from Chinese players who are cracking the game to see all the contents inside. There looks to be a Falken skin or tourney plane with the OSEA roundel along with the other screens. Most of the new prizes are pretty meh (Akula T-50 was an AH or AC6 DLC). I'd hate to compete for the Scarface XFA and find out it costs 100 million to take from 1-10.

Apparently the screencaps are from Chinese players who are cracking the game to see all the contents inside. There looks to be a Falken skin or tourney plane with the OSEA roundel along with the other screens. Most of the new prizes are pretty meh (Akula T-50 was an AH or AC6 DLC). I'd hate to compete for the Scarface XFA and find out it costs 100 million to take from 1-10.

Hmm, well that's depressing then! If that's all the jets there will ever be? No Mobius 1 jets, no special F-35s except for an ultra cruddy star sign version. Though I suppose it could just be what was in this update, with more to be added in future updates.
And yeah I know what you mean about the XFA Scarface, and no doubt you'd probably be right. Spend 400 fuel units to get it in the tournament and find out it costs $100m to upgrade.

Should've posted this earlier but I totally overdid it for that tournament. I got Rank 454 when I was only looking to get above 3000. I got the "Kill King" Nickname, sounds intimidating. But the emblem is what I really wanted. Well at least I'm closer to getting the Falken. I wish that OSEA one was going to be a drop but I doubt that...

Btw thanks Paulie for the link!

Should've posted this earlier but I totally overdid it for that tournament. I got Rank 454 when I was only looking to get above 3000. I got the "Kill King" Nickname, sounds intimidating. But the emblem is what I really wanted. Well at least I'm closer to getting the Falken. I wish that OSEA one was going to be a drop but I doubt that...

Btw thanks Paulie for the link!

The last emblem with the Eagle is pure awesomeness

Back