ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 2016

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tired Tyres
  • 560 comments
  • 41,365 views
Bo
View attachment 550600

Sitting on the grid. Getting a bit wet.
kek thank you very much.
a bit of a randomness but i just noticed the presence of a viper on the grid, in the live timing it is listed as a Chrysler.
AAaaand is in the last places.:lol:
 
Comentator to Narrator: "I shall slap you!" xD
 
All cars bunched up, heavy rain due, failing light...

.. I don't think this is going to go well.
 
All cars bunched up, heavy rain due, failing light...

.. I don't think this is going to go well.

Obligatory..

He+s+right+you+know+_3f9a5e2ca9af9dad5df588da0bcb8f70.jpg
 
All cars bunched up, heavy rain due, failing light...

.. I don't think this is going to go well.
I love the facts that the n24 starts with hundreds of cars just to finish with a bunch of em. Currently i'm away from the computer, is there any means to access to live timings and news?
 
So, officially they've done 4 laps in about 4 hours. Average speed: 25 km/h :D
 
News from the states?

Please stop breathing through the microphone mister RLM commentator.
 
Well that sounds horrific, all the best to those involved.
 
I thoguht there would be just 2 safety laps considering how big is Nurburgring!!
 
I thoguht there would be just 2 safety laps considering how big is Nurburgring!!

Nope, 3 safety cars.

Also ladies and gents watching the race and this thread, may I please ask you to take a look at that link in my signature and give your vote if you find it reasonable.
 
And we'll have another formation lap, just for good measure.
 
The track is cold and it's still raining, it isn't going to get drier. Either start racing or cancel the race.
 
Even the crowds are getting miserable.

nimetön.png


The guy in the upper right hand corner seems to be enjoying himself though.
 
The car order is still mucked up but it would be nice to see that Subura WRX get on the podium.
 
The track is cold and it's still raining, it isn't going to get drier. Either start racing or cancel the race.

It's like racing has developed a near zero tolerance for rain in recent years. Where's the spectacle?
 
I'm not happy about missing the race but it sounds like I'm not missing much at present.
 
It's like racing has developed a near zero tolerance for rain in recent years. Where's the spectacle?

'Driving to the conditions' seems to be an alien concept to modern GT drivers, it's like most of them trained by playing video games. This leads to many crashes and yellow flags. Yellow breeds yellows and so on.

So in the name of safety we end up watching cars roll around behind a safety with cold tyres, brakes and failing to face the inevitable.
 
It's like racing has developed a near zero tolerance for rain in recent years. Where's the spectacle?
Care to give examples of recent races that could've gone ahead safely but didn't? There's no spectacle in seeing cars not able to get around a track - before the red flag we had about 20 cars pirouetting at crawling pace.
'Driving to the conditions' seems to be an alien concept to modern GT drivers
I agree in part with this though. The whole 'flat out from the start' attitude that's taken over in recent years is daft.
 
Bo
Care to give examples of recent races that could've gone ahead safely but didn't? There's no spectacle in seeing cars not able to get around a track - before the red flag we had about 20 cars pirouetting at crawling pace.

We are watching one.

We had cars going off in torrential weather and a frozen track, now it's just rain. Rain that is going to be here all weekend so either start the race or cancel it.
 
Some 30 years ago race car drivers could deal with wet conditions with no electronic driving aids whatsoever and with much worse tires.
Nowadays everyone freaks out and crashes and races get canceled. Its sad, really.

 
"I'm going back to my sausage if you don't mind"
"go ahead, do your wurst"

Why can't America get good commentators??
 
Back