ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 2016

we are the manta.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I won't be able to watch this weekend, which I'm really frustrated about. Should be a great battle up front with the amount of quick SP9 lineups entered.

Audi will probably be able to get the job done but I won't discount an M6/Conti GT/AMG GT being in it to the bitter end.

Real glad I made it to the 'Ring this year. Gonna be a few days with very little sleep, though...

Went with dad's caravan, so that's a huge plus in terms of comfort but damn son, some folks out here seemingly brought professional DJ equipment or something.
Which spot are you camped at and which color of jacket? Who knows we might spot you.

Nice to see the old school Viper among the pack 👍

Which spot are you camped at and which color of jacket? Who knows we might spot you.

Nice to see the old school Viper among the pack 👍
The Viper put on a smoking preformance, literally :lol:

We got a spot at the Muellenbach camping ground. The jacket is easy to spot, red camouflage pattern 👍

Can't help but root for the Manthey Porsche... With Corvette Racing being absent and all...

The Viper put on a smoking preformance, literally :lol:

We got a spot at the Muellenbach camping ground. The jacket is easy to spot, red camouflage pattern 👍

Can't help but root for the Manthey Porsche... With Corvette Racing being absent and all...

Erm.. I don't think Corvette Racing has ever been to the Nurburgring 24 hour.

Well this is a thing.
Toyota-C-HR-Crossover-N24-2016.jpg

Toyota C-HR Hybrid crossover will be doing the race this year. (As well as a Hyundai i30 N prototype apparently)

Also Top Gear's Chris Harris in the P4/5.

So from what I can gather, the Schulze GT-R is a return to them making their own cars. They basically took a GT-R and modified it, putting on the Nismo GT3 bodykit. This effectively makes it as close as you'll ever see to an AWD GT3. Because its AWD.

Last years start.​

Entry List

http://www.nuerburgring.de/uploads/media/16-05-13_24h_VorlA_ufige_Teilnehmerliste_01.pdf

& best of all. No speed limits this year!!!!!!

Live streaming

Radio Le Mans audio link

http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php

I'm sure some people would say Spa is the best. :) I think the M6 is a good bet for the win, but I always hope the R35s do well. :)

Last edited:
The M6 are doing well for a car that's brand-spanking new, but going by the qualifying, I'm assuming the R8s, AMG GT3s and some of the 911s to be faster overall. The fastest M6 was in 9th or 10th place, I believe. The top 30 qualifying is still open, however...

The M6 hasn't had the development time, either, so I'm not sure how well it does in terms of reliability.

The M6 hasn't had the development time, either, so I'm not sure how well it does in terms of reliability.
I don't think reliability is a serious issue like it once was. Cars are tested and engineered to the point where they could probably run for 48 hours non stop, let alone 24. There'll always be some parts failures or breakages in an endurance race, but any car is susceptible.

Small update:
#1 Team WRT (Audi)
#2 Team WRT (Audi)
#4 Black Falcon (Mercedes)
#5 Phoenix Racing (Audi)
#17 Schubert Motorsport (BMW)
#18 Schubert Motorsport (BMW)
#23 Rowe Racing (BMW)
#28 Land Motorsport (Audi) - Marc Basseng
#29 HTP Motorsport (Mercedes)
#30 HTP Motorsport (Mercedes)
#35 Team RJN (Nissan)
#37 Bentley Team Abt
#88 Haribo Racing Team (Mercedes)
#100 Walkenhorst Motorsport (BMW)
#702 Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (SCG003)
#911 Manthey Racing (Porsche)
#912 Manthey Racing (Porsche)
#14 Black Falcon (Mercedes)
#6 Phoenix Racing (Audi)
#3 Frikadelli Racing (Porsche)
#75 Zakspeed (Mercedes)
#9 Black Falcon (Mercedes)
#16 TwinBusch Motorsport (Mercedes)
#22 Rowe Racing (BMW)
#38 Bentley Team Abt
#25 Konrad Motorsport (Lamborghini)
#27 Aston Martin Racing
#21 Wochenspiegel Team Manthey (Porsche)
#7 Aston Martin Racing

Glickenhaus P4/5 is out after the crash in Qualy 2:

The M6 are doing well for a car that's brand-spanking new, but going by the qualifying, I'm assuming the R8s, AMG GT3s and some of the 911s to be faster overall. The fastest M6 was in 9th or 10th place, I believe. The top 30 qualifying is still open, however...

The AMG GT3 is also new for this year (isn't it?), I'd say that it's looking the fastest overall. I want BMW to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Mercedes.

edit: to clarify. As a GT3 spec car in general, I think the Merc is overall the fastest.

Last edited:
Weather is acting up. Seems like there's a pretty nasty thunderstorm approaching, just in time for the classic race.

Everyone is switching to wets before heading out on track :embarrassed:

/edit
Seems like things are clearing up. The rain was heavy enough for the race to be postponed a little, though :scared:

Last edited:
Back