Adjustable Camera Views (Position, FOV)

• Thread starter DonZonda
  • 120 comments
Really nice, this way Premium cars make actually sense, you can see the details and this way also still enough of the road. Great!

Just did a few quick ones while going through some replays. The motion blur effect on the track is pretty nice. Gives a nice sense of speed. Pair that with wind,road and vehicle noise and you have some real speed!

14880156038_8bdaa53ae9_o_d.jpg

15066381172_4c130e2bf9_o_d.jpg

Rear View cam anyone?

14880151808_e45ba9a742_o_d.jpg

Chase Cam Jumps

15066733505_bbae055c50_o_d.jpg

Chase in the rain

14880175397_1689f60321_o_d.jpg

15043725556_84a42ffdbb_o_d.jpg

Those look perfect! Wish we could drive around in those views.... The game would give such a better experience!

This is how it actually should look like. A proper FOV close to the car.... and no small toy car and sense of speed killer FOV :(

Sooo much lost potential with such minor tweaks.

I recently started playing Assetto Corsa and the adjustments to the FOV and driver position are a real revelation. You can fully adjust the FOV on the track with a pop-up menu, along with driver position forward, backward, left, right, up, down and viewing angle up or down. Adjust each car separately and it saves the settings for you so the next time you drive, the settings that worked for you are still there and you need this because every car is different. Something like this would be invaluable in any racing game, even moreso in GT7.

Something like that is really really needed !!!! exactly everything I'd ask for....

Is the FOV adjustment also available for the other views?

Overall I'd also like that when you look back from the roof/hood cam that you see the rear of the car. In the GT5p Demo it was featured. in GT5p then not anymore.

The replay roofcams feature it though... Would be highly appreciated for gameplay aswell.

Last edited:
Something like that is really really needed !!!! exactly everything I'd ask for....

Overall I'd also like that when you look back from the roof/hood cam that you see the rear of the car. In the GT5p Demo it was featured. in GT5p then not anymore.

The replay roofcams feature it though... Would be highly appreciated for gameplay aswell.
Not sure, the default was cockpit and I liked it so much I've never left which also says a lot since I rarely used cockpit in GT. I didn't even program the view change button in AC yet!!! I can give it a spin maybe later today and see what happens or someone else might happen along that already knows.

Sounds really good! I saw also the cockpit movement looks very natural on AC ! Wonder how you can adjust all the other cameras.

Sorry this slipped my mind. I tried the other views and the FOV and other cockpit adjustments like left/right/up/down, forward/back, viewing angle etc. only seem to work in cockpit view. This isn't the final version of the game though, nor is it complete, it's early access, so it's possible it may make to the final game. There might also be a workaround through the coding.

So the little new update released lately, changed some driving views on certain cars. The Nissan GT-R for example, they changed the roof cam to a hood cam! Very nice step, so PD isn't really hard to do huh? Let us do it ourselves!

I also always truely wondered why there is no 360° views of the cars. In basicially every racing game you can spin the camera around the car with the right analog stick. If you drive a standart car in chaseview or Premium car makes no big difference, The camera is far away from the car to see all the Details and you cant even look around the car to admire the Beauty of the premiums. It wasted potential imo.

Always always wanted this. I know you can basically do it in photomode. But still it would be amazing to do on the fly like most/all other games.

I want the option of having the non constrained camera option again. I know others were getting motion sickness but I thought it felt great. Or at least something that shows the slope of hills more. Playing forza the other day I finally realized that last bit of the chicane straight at Le mans was a hill.

The seat and too close to the steering wheel if you could adjust the FOV for its cockpit would be the best

Guys look at this Video. Its a Video of the Drive Club Beta and showcases really nicely camera views. PD could even learn from those!!!

Wow, that is spectacular scenery. Kaz should walk into Evo Studios with his chequebook and give them whatever they want for that, it's glorious. GT7 could use many more roads/tracks like that:cheers:

Wow, that is spectacular scenery. Kaz should walk into Evo Studios with his chequebook and give them whatever they want for that, it's glorious. GT7 could use many more roads/tracks like that:cheers:

It's unlikely, but what if PD and Evolution were to collaborate for future projects? o.0

I personally like having a third person view that is close to the ground (like GT3) because it makes me feel like I am flying. I think it feels like I am playing with a remote control car when the camera is floating too high.

I like the current static camera because you can see every bump on track.
However,

This is the worst view ever, seriously!

I use third person all the time so I can see what the car is doing. I can't feel it, so, I need to see it! :)

But I fully appreciate the idea of moving the camera to taste. ;)

How many questions has he actually answered on here? How many suggestions have PD listened to? I love Gran Turismo, but you have to accept the fact that it won't ever be what we the PLAYERS want it to be, and that's too bad.

How many questions has he actually answered on here? How many suggestions have PD listened to? I love Gran Turismo, but you have to accept the fact that it won't ever be what we the PLAYERS want it to be, and that's too bad.

Not many, the Sound issue was one thing, the AMA was another. Sure the game won't be what the players want it to be but the fact of the matter now is that what the players are saying should be taken into account. Judging from what I've seen so far, I think the player suggestions are being acknowledged but I can't say for sure. I'm being optimistic about it.

I like that you're being optimistic. I wish the game would be like we want it to be. GT will die out because of PD's parsimony. The only difference in GT5 and GT6 is the menus and the tweaked suspension physics. It's sad that I love this game so much.

Back