AE86, Porsche 962C and more leaked by PD, coming to GTS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonna guess "Racing" would substitute Rothmans if the die-casts I've seen are anything to go by.

Probably but it would be funnier if it said "Porsche" in the Rothmans typeface.

That article is from 2014!! It's refering to this game, long before they announced it's official title. I think logic will dictate that standards will never return.

Its not the only time Kaz said he's not getting rid of them. Takes too long for them to model cars into Super Premium, what 5 cars a month or so, lets say 10 feeling generous. That's 120 cars a year, How many cars in GTS already? Well how many years catch up do you think they have to match / push the same cars pkus additions? Even dropping a hundred or two it would take years to Super Premium the numbers Kaz likes. We look at his past actions, comments stating specifically Standard cars will be in GT7 and until I hear from PD confirmation there will not be Standard cars in GT7 logic says we can expect them ;)

Any guesses on how many credits these are gonna be? In all honesty I only care about the 962, not that I won’t pick the others up, but I only care about the Porsche.

962c will probably be 1mil by virtue of being a Group C car (which automatically slots it into Group 1).
I vaguely remember the guys at Paris said the X2014 Competition costed 3mil in the FIA live event builds of GT Sport at the time.
Honda Fit Hybrid could be somewhere in the 20-30k mark.
The rest would probably keep their GT6 price tags but rounded up to the nearest thousand (2003 TT - 58k, AE86 - 16k and R8 Gordini - 50k).

Not too sure about the appeal of getting a Honda Jazz? It's a car for grandads IMO.

Its not the only time Kaz said he's not getting rid of them. Takes too long for them to model cars into Super Premium, what 5 cars a month or so, lets say 10 feeling generous. That's 120 cars a year, How many cars in GTS already? Well how many years catch up do you think they have to match / push the same cars pkus additions? Even dropping a hundred or two it would take years to Super Premium the numbers Kaz likes. We look at his past actions, comments stating specifically Standard cars will be in GT7 and until I hear from PD confirmation there will not be Standard cars in GT7 logic says we can expect them ;)

And we must remember what ever resources they use to make cars superb in gts will be saved from the work of next / next gen GT title. Like they said a long time ago - they are making the cars future proof. :cheers:

962c will probably be 1mil by virtue of being a Group C car (which automatically slots it into Group 1).
I vaguely remember the guys at Paris said the X2014 Competition costed 3mil in the FIA live event builds of GT Sport at the time.
Honda Fit Hybrid could be somewhere in the 20-30k mark.
The rest would probably keep their GT6 price tags but rounded up to the nearest thousand (2003 TT - 58k, AE86 - 16k and R8 Gordini - 50k).

Pricing in gts is beyond logic FOR A GAME. spendind 10-20mil on useless classics vs 1mil for group c and 450k for gr3..

I love the classics, dont get me wrong, but ive been playing hundreds of hours online since beta and i still cant affort a single 10+mil car..:indiff: the price money from online sport mode is ridiculously low compared to offline. Maybe fix this in future updates?

Just doing 42km a day every day since say Jan 2018 I have amassed $50 mil. and spend it all on cars... I have 550 cars and the biggest purchases are the $15 mil. Daytona and the $3 mil. x2014 and a few $1 mil. cars. I havent grinded except for custom races just to fill in daily mileage.

Just for my purposes:

1. Porsche 962c

2. AE86

3. x2014 competition

4. Renault Gordini

5. Audi TT

6. 2014 Honda Fit/Jazz

Its a full pack, maybe the next one.

I'll probably need like $4 mil. for the x2014c and the 962.

If they put x2014c events day one then you'll need it ASAP to run.

If this is in fact everything coming (car-wise) in the next content update, then I think this one may have the highest ratio of new-to-franchise additions yet. Plus, with the AE86 being updated from it's PS2 iteration, that'd make only 1/3rd of the cars PS3 ports.

*The RedBull is similar to the other models, but it is a different car, differentiated by aero and engine, and one that hasn't been seen in any other GT game.

Gonna guess "Racing" would substitute Rothmans if the die-casts I've seen are anything to go by.

IMG_4278.JPG

Oh wait that's a 956 sorry:lol: But I get what you mean.

Honestly though, it was only a matter of time until we got the 962 and AE86.​

Eh, it was a matter of time before PD started working on the Porsche 962. They have added multiple Group C cars back from GT6 and I bet the 962 would have been one of the first Porsches PD added to earlier Gran Turismo titles if it wasn't for EA's exclusive deal.

What I find also interesting is that the Trueno would be the first of GT6's updated standards to be revamped for GT Sport. So far, the standard cars PD brought back as premiums were still plain standard cars in GT6 (jaggies and all). The AE86 Trueno was given a makeover between GT5 & 6, giving it a clean (almost premium) look over other PS2 ported cars. I hope some people replicate the JTCC styled Racing Mods for the AE86 Trueno that were in Gran Turismo 1 & 2.
Maybe they'll add classic dodge charger as well? It seems more possible now.

It just occurred to me: If we do indeed get the Shell 962, that'll be the 2nd car in Gran Turismo that was driven by Mario Andretti. Interestingly, its one of the few times that a car featured an all-Andretti lineup (Mario, Micheal and John)

The new one is awesome as a Super Taikyu machine. I also think the new one with Spoon Sports K20A is so sweet.

K20 Fits are amazing and Honda should've made that engine an option. Now that the Civic Si uses a 1.5T, it would be nice if they let the Fit use that engine as well.

That video alone should tell anyone why something like the Fit and the Swift Sport are added to GT. The Japanese love slow car track battles at their small, technical circuits. It's a vital part of their car culture and I for one love that the game caters to this as well as quicker metal.

Don't know what was up with that Swift, though, cause mine doesn't accelerate as tamely as that, especially at the top end of the rev range. Heck, keep the revs up and you would only need second and third for most of Tsukuba.

962C, AE86, R8 Gordini... probably one of the best car update to me.

Some livery work coming, and surely some fun drives too.
Seriously. can't wai. A couple of small rwd cars. Most notably that awesome small rwd sedan. Maybe someone finds the Datsun Bluebird 1600 and BMW 2002 turbo(or tii) in the next livery Discovery. Then, we start getting the small Japanese muscle cars. ;)

dqOigqM.jpg
hQG6jAr.jpg
ZEbX959.jpg

I’m curious as to which 962 they’ve sourced/which one we’ll get in the game (if there’s ever disparities between the two). It’ll be interesting to see how/if they censor the Rothmans logos if that’s the one we get.

Regardless I’ll be getting a few immediately and throwing on some of Bruce Leven’s Bayside Disposal liveries.

Since the Porsche 962c is stated to be a 1988 model in the GT website, that's its livery, the black, yellow and red Dunlop livery.

Its definitely the most well known from 1988 buuuut, there are also these cars from 1988:

Since no 962C from 1988 is a Le Mans Winner (Because Jaaaaag), it opens up the possibility of ANY of these.

I hope the AE86 comes with a proper touge track of some sort. Doesn't even have to be a real touge, but a PD made up one like Tokyo Expressway referencing Wangan is good enough if they're afraid of promoting street racing.

I bet there will be 100 Initial D liveries flooding the Discovery section within 10 minutes of the update :lol:

I’m curious as to which 962 they’ve sourced/which one we’ll get in the game (if there’s ever disparities between the two). It’ll be interesting to see how/if they censor the Rothmans logos if that’s the one we get.

Regardless I’ll be getting a few immediately and throwing on some of Bruce Leven’s Bayside Disposal liveries.
Rothmans sponsorship ended in 1987. It'll be the Shell Dunlop livery, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back