AE86, Porsche 962C and more leaked by PD, coming to GTS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*takes book away* No Spa!
No Spa, you say?

no-spa-40-mg-tabl-24x.jpg

Okay I'll stop it now. Sorry for wasting your time and going waaaaay too off-topic.

I think it will look just like GT6 model (except the standard part, of course)
car_936_46737_5560d0dc11de5.jpg

More than likely, this isn't the first car they've given a rename (from Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) '83 to Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT Apex (AE86) '83), back in December 2018 they did the same with the Corvette C2 (Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 to Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) '63).

More than likely, this isn't the first car they've given a rename (from Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) '83 to Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT Apex (AE86) '83), back in December 2018 they did the same with the Corvette C2 (Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 to Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) '63).

Its worth noting though that with the Corvette, its not the exact same model from GT6 as what we have in the game is actually the rare Split window Version.

Its worth noting though that with the Corvette, its not the exact same model from GT6 as what we have in the game is actually the rare Split window Version.

All 63's are split window. Only year they had split window.

Both GT6 C2 and GTS one have the split window.
The difference between them is their engines, 250HP Standard in GT6 vs. 350HP Injection in GTS.

I think it will look just like GT6 model (except the standard part, of course)
car_936_46737_5560d0dc11de5.jpg
I hope they had remodeled the car.
Because its headlights in GT6 are much smaller than those of the real one.

If they haven't made a mistake at the refinement of the model, it may could have been perfect...
(Sorry but the tweets below are written in Japanese.)

The C2 Vette we have in the game is a newer and stronger model compared to the one we have in GT6.

If these are the 5 cars in the next update, together with the X2010 Competition, then it seems to me that the GT League events might be:

New Event - X2010 Competition Trophy - 3 races
2 additional races in the French event (due to the Gordini)
2 additional races in the Audi TT event (due to the err Audi TT)
2 additional races in the Group 1 Cup and a new Group 1 Endurance race for the Porsche
And I'm not sure what happens to the AE86 and the "Why not try the Honda Fit", unless they add yet more races to the Japanese cars event...!

If these are the 5 cars in the next update, together with the X2010 Competition, then it seems to me that the GT League events might be:

2 additional races in the Group 1 Cup and a new Group 1 Endurance race for the Porsche
And I'm not sure what happens to the AE86 and the "Why not try the Honda Fit", unless they add yet more races to the Japanese cars event...!

They could make an AE86/GT86 cup, and could also probably expand some of the other beginner events for the Fit. I'm hoping at minimum they make an event exclusive to the Group C machines if they don't eventually separate them from Gr. 1.

Maybe a One Make AE86 "N2"-type race.

Maybe a couple Real Circuit Tours events.

The 962 is essentially a development of the 956. The primary difference is the wheelbase, with Porsche moving the front axle line forwards - the 956 didn't meet safety regulations as the pedal box was actually ahead of the front axle - and a steel roll cage integrated within the aluminium monocoque. The engine is slightly different too, and as this is the 1988 car it'll be a 3.0 twin turbo instead of the 2.6 single turbo.

My favourite 962 thing is how it won the 1994 24 Hours of Le Mans. There were new rules - as often happened in the 1990s as the FIA was trying to push F1 and prototypes together - which required race cars based on production road cars to enter GT1. One of the 962 race teams, Dauer, had converted some 962s for road use (13 in total, eventually), and they were barely road legal. There were some differences in the body panels and floor, and Dauer fitted hydraulic suspension to make the ride height meet minimum standards. As it was a production car, Porsche picked up a couple of Dauer 962s, undid the changes and took first and third.

A bit off-topic: When I jobbed as a waiter during my studies Dauer was a regular at Café Sebald in Nuremberg, Germany. And he usually came with that 962 and „parked“ it right in the street. Police were not happy, needless to say... While it was a brilliant idea to convert the 962 to a road car I regret to say that Dauer was a sour asshole. No one liked him as a person, only for his money.

I'm hoping at a minimum they make an event exclusive to the Group C machines if they don't eventually separate them from Gr.1.
I would love to see that. Bring the Toyota TS010 and Peugeot 905 along and break them away all together.
PD don't strike me as the type of studio to do that. I mean, they still have the Aston Martin Vulcan in N class despite our protests.

I think they added the Fit so they can bring back Electric Circuits, an event for low end electric and hybrid cars only. The i3, Model S P85+ and Fit Hybrid would be able to compete. Then the possibility of the Fisker Karma, Tesla Roadster, Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf coming back would be greater. Possibly some new ones like the Chevrolet Bolt or New Honda Insight.

Last edited:
I would love to see that. Bring the Toyota TS010 and Peugeot 905 along and break them away all together.
PD don't strike me as the type of studio to do that. I mean, they still have the Aston Martin Vulcan in N class despite our protests.

Toyota Racecars all the way!!!

Im surprised the Toyota Ts010 has not appeared any GT or any other racing game.

What a shame tends to be overlooked all the time. I hope one day Pd will bring in the Ts010. It has been far too overlooked as a Group C despite being beaten by the Peugoet 905 it is one of my favourite Group C cars along with the Alfa, Lancia and the Nissan P35.

Toyota Racecars all the way!!!

Im surprised the Toyota Ts010 has not appeared any GT or any other racing game.

What a shame tends to be overlooked all the time. I hope one day Pd will bring in the Ts010. It has been far too overlooked as a Group C despite being beaten by the Peugoet 905 it is one of my favourite Group C cars along with the Alfa, Lancia and the Nissan P35.

If at all possible I think the whole suite of Groupe C that GT has had in the past should show back up... BMW, Porsche, Peugeot, Bentley and the Toyota all would have me drooling.

I think they added the Fit so they can bring back Electric Circuits, an event for low end electric and hybrid cars only. The i3, Model S P85+ and Fit Hybrid would be able to compete. Then the possibility of the Fisker Karma, Tesla Roadster, Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf coming back would be greater. Possibly some new ones like the Chevrolet Bolt or New Honda Insight.
Also Formula E still needs to come to GT Sport and needs decent circuit for them.

Also Formula E still needs to come to GT Sport and needs decent circuit for them.

Barf.
Formula E? I know they said they want to incorporate it but good grief. I like Formula stuff don't get me wrong but F1, Super Formula and then formula E before a game made in Japan has even a remote amount of decent JDM car selection old and new? I don't know. To say they're doing something different from their norm is an understatement. I just hope they don't loose their roots of what got them here in the first place.
GT1-2 taught me about cars I never knew existed. I'll never forget that and hope I don't have to.

If at all possible I think the whole suite of Groupe C that GT has had in the past should show back up... BMW, Porsche, Peugeot, Bentley and the Toyota all would have me drooling.
The BMW V12 LMR and Bentley Speed 8 are LMP900’s, not Group C lol. Other LMP900’s include the Audi R8 Race Car (Both 2001 and 2005 Oreca) and Pescarolo Trio (Peugeot, JV5 and Hybride)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back