Aggressive driving in Sport Mode.

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 219 comments
Most of you the racer deliberated hit my car to set out of control/spin out many times. So it going to be vice versa from now on. You asked for it!

New FIA competition will have full damage ON, or that is what Kie commented in his Vlog. Is going to be interesting to see what happens in this exhibition season, very interesting to qualify behind and just wait for chaos and take advantage. It's a good moment to race well at D level.

New FIA competition will have full damage ON, or that is what Kie commented in his Vlog. Is going to be interesting to see what happens in this exhibition season, very interesting to qualify behind and just wait for chaos and take advantage. It's a good moment to race well at D level.

Really? Uauuuuu!

What do they define as full damage, I have never used the setting so a bit unaware on this one, I presume this means the car will still run
but can show damage and also affect the car settings and possibly have speed loss etc?

What do they define as full damage, I have never used the setting so a bit unaware on this one, I presume this means the car will still run
but can show damage and also affect the car settings and possibly have speed loss etc?

Full damage.. may reach.. "crash and burn" level... I presume!!!

Kemmac surely will love it... taylor made to his deepest wishes!

With full damage the car slow down and you can only repair in the pit ;)

If I were to let him go below the white line into pit exit basically, he would’ve been heading straight towards the inside wall the starts to angle towards the track, then the grass immediately after. He wouldn’t have cleared me in time of the wall or the grass. He would’ve ended up braking 3 wide into the grass and most likely domino Lester and I.
Agree with this. The move around the outside was never on it was way too late in the day to try and nose it up the inside there.

It also gives you a constant vibration sensation in the FFB, just like in real life.

I felt this in RaceRoom's FFB, in which you can adjust the engine, the revs, the tyres, etc. (to me the best FFB ever).

If GTSport could allow this vibration sensation by default... would be amazing to drive.

Try it, guys, damage the front left or right. Test the damage, how it feels and how affects driving (and also how long it needs to be fixed in a pit stop)

It also gives you a constant vibration sensation in the FFB, just like in real life.

I felt this in RaceRoom's FFB, in which you can adjust the engine, the revs, the tyres, etc. (to me the best FFB ever).

If GTSport could allow this vibration sensation by default... would be amazing to drive.

Try it, guys, damage the front left or right. Test the damage, how it feels and how affects driving (and also how long it needs to be fixed in a pit stop)
Wait, I've driven in lobbies with full damage and nothing has ever vibrated, all that happens is the car will slightly turn to one side and the power will heavily reduced (because knocking your front right leading edge will of course, do significant damage to a car with an engine in the rear)...

Wait, I've driven in lobbies with full damage and nothing has ever vibrated, all that happens is the car will slightly turn to one side and the power will heavily reduced (because knocking your front right leading edge will of course, do significant damage to a car with an engine in the rear)...
I've experienced both. My wheel would be tilted to one side and it would also vibrate

Blue moon bay was pretty clean last night, Thursday seems to be the cleanest day with the weeklies. What I don't understand is why are there still people that think weaving all over the track when in first is a good idea. Sure you delay the car behind catching up a little bit yet you can't stop them drafting up through T2. Meanwhile the pack is only closing in while you swerve like an idiot.

The ratio of aggressive drivers is not that high even down in SR.C where I've been stuck the past few days. The problem is that it only takes one to create a mess on Blue moon. I had an awesome race, racing close, contact free in a pack of 6 at the front. However one driver decided it was too much fun and started diving and pushing people into the wall in T1 and T3. By the time the penalty system finally got him enough penalties to back off the race already was a mess.

I do love it when a dirty driver with a penalty tries to crash you off in the final lap and he ghosts through you instead. You lose some time slowing down so they ghost but it's better than getting pit manoevered or rammed into the wall.

More awesome close clean racing last night than crash fests. Tonight deal with the DUIs and then the weekend drivers....

Most of you the racer deliberated hit my car to set out of control/spin out many times. So it going to be vice versa from now on. You asked for it!

Oh boy that furious among you just like I was. I was grade B and comply the rules. Held many 1st post before began the race. What did I get 1 or 2 or 3 car knock me out of game/competion with those penalty I dont deserve it. My grade went downhill drastically. So I posted to see what the responsive outcome being said. Surely angry which it should be. For info I havent or began to attack at all. Im not stupid or three years old mind. But perhap immature of my action. I was angry. For that Im sorry. PSN of mine is be withheld for protection. I admited didnt feel good wrote it.

Oh boy that furious among you just like I was. I was grade B and comply the rules. Held many 1st post before began the race. What did I get 1 or 2 or 3 car knock me out of game/competion with those penalty I dont deserve it. My grade went downhill drastically. So I posted to see what the responsive outcome being said. Surely angry which it should be. For info I havent or began to attack at all. Im not stupid or three years old mind. But perhap immature of my action. I was angry. For that Im sorry. PSN of mine is be withheld for protection. I admited didnt feel good wrote it.
playing PCARS against AI helped me to lower the aggression level, made me consistent and better racer

At least you can solve a bit of the aggressive driving now - I had a guy at Maggiore today who kept ramming me in the rear at the same corner. 2 laps he did it I got the orange SR warning, so when he did it a third time, I drove off track momentarily, and he got a 5 second penalty!

He was much less aggressive after that.....

:) if you have a PC.. try to buy and use Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access... cheap... 25 bucks/euros.., and it´s just the beginning of many good racing times... I bet! (final release after several increasing steps on game developing will rise around march 2019... but you can start get the feeling right now... and the full game price will be the one you´re paying now ....just for the 1st early release... 25 $/€)

:) if you have a PC.. try to buy and use Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access... cheap... 25 bucks/euros.., and it´s just the beginning of many good racing times... I bet! (final release after several increasing steps on game developing will rise around march 2019... but you can start get the feeling right now... and the full game price will be the one you´re paying now ....just for the 1st early release... 25 $/€)

What is the cost of the graphic card/cpu/ram to run ACC, the graphics look eyecandy, even better than GTSport

It sounds scary with the current standard of driving but once people get used to the consequences of damage, it should transform the racing.👍👍

Here's a thought. Damage can be used as a type of time penalty so how about getting rid of the current inconsistent penalty system? PD have flogged the dead horse to mincemeat and they're still nowhere near a decent, consistent system.

Keep track limit penalties (allowing more leeway for running an inch or two wide) and remove penalties for contact?

It sounds scary with the current standard of driving but once people get used to the consequences of damage, it should transform the racing.👍👍

Here's a thought. Damage can be used as a type of time penalty so how about getting rid of the current inconsistent penalty system? PD have flogged the dead horse to mincemeat and they're still nowhere near a decent, consistent system.

Keep track limit penalties (allowing more leeway for running an inch or two wide) and remove penalties for contact?
Yep, totally. But keep the DQ :D

It's probably a dumb question but we're playing a game with a penalty system that's supposed to decide when we've been *baaad. Why do the right thing if game rules say you don't need to?
It's not a dumb question. It is perfectly spot on. This is the result of what PD taught to the gaming kids. This is the confine between intelligent, adult racers and gamers. Confine between racing simulation and mainstream gaming. (Guess which is the majority - which represent the easier solvent demand.)
The most sad thing is that I still remember the conclusion of my last few "sport mode" "races" and I already stopped missing it all.

What is the cost of the graphic card/cpu/ram to run ACC, the graphics look eyecandy, even better than GTSport

Hum.. I think that you´d need a laptop costing at least 800 € /$... probably... and it will still miss VR costs (ACC will be fully payed on VR too.. I believe)

At least you can solve a bit of the aggressive driving now - I had a guy at Maggiore today who kept ramming me in the rear at the same corner. 2 laps he did it I got the orange SR warning, so when he did it a third time, I drove off track momentarily, and he got a 5 second penalty!

He was much less aggressive after that.....

It works the other way around too though. Tap someone from behind then drive off track (or bump a wall) to screw them. I guess I should have done that last race as dirty won again. The other car already gently rubbed me into the wall on BMB twice before, then again in the final corner so he could take the win. Apparently when you push light enough yet forceful enough to slow the outer car down against the wall you can get away with it.

I kept my blue rating anyway, he got red, slowly regaining SR, 50 now.

Yay, won the next race by 0.002! Unfortunately the car behind me kept draft bumping me despite me trying to get out of the way then tapping the wall to get him to back off. He never got a penalty and I'm back to SR.C down to 36. 14 points gone from the car behind me not getting the message not to draft bump ugh.

Third race, back to race select screen, no race. Buggy bugs bugger off.

Last edited:
Back