Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New tweet from Mr. Kaz, looks like we get some tasty goodies next week! Here's the google translation. Merry Xmas boys! :)

"GT5 next update, DLC, Christmas is one week later. On December 20. Tomorrow is going to be a press release."

Details for our special event with WRP001/Tim and the WRS team are starting to come together and we're trying to get an idea of just how many people are going to be interested in participating. The specific details of how the event is going to go down are still being worked on but we'd like to start getting an idea of how big this thing may be since drivers from all over GTP are going to potentially be involved.

Please have a read of this INTEREST CHECK THREAD for some more details.

This event is going to be supported by the Weekly Racing Series (WRS) which is an official GTP body. They will be running an official GTP-wide time trial with the Alfa and the selected track. Nobody from Team ORCA is required to compete in the WRS or be on the GTP WRS Registry but we would like to encourage everybody to take the WRS QUALIFIER since this could help us seed the divisions.

Stay tuned for more details in the next week or two but if you could let us know if you'd be interested in participating it would help us figure out how to get things setup. The event(s) will most likely take place close to our normal Saturday time slot so we hope lots of you are interested and able to attend! 👍

Details for our special event with WRP001/Tim and the WRS team are starting to come together and we're trying to get an idea of just how many people are going to be interested in participating. The specific details of how the event is going to go down are still being worked on but we'd like to start getting an idea of how big this thing may be since drivers from all over GTP are going to potentially be involved.

Please have a read of this INTEREST CHECK THREAD for some more details.

This event is going to be supported by the Weekly Racing Series (WRS) which is an official GTP body. They will be running an official GTP-wide time trial with the Alfa and the selected track. Nobody from Team ORCA is required to compete in the WRS or be on the GTP WRS Registry but we would like to encourage everybody to take the WRS QUALIFIER since this could help us seed the divisions.

Stay tuned for more details in the next week or two but if you could let us know if you'd be interested in participating it would help us figure out how to get things setup. The event(s) will most likely take place close to our normal Saturday time slot so we hope lots of you are interested and able to attend! 👍

Note: We could also move the special event even closer to the normal ORCA time slot if that's a deal breaker for drivers... I would expect the special event to be slightly longer than a normal ORCA race (it might be two stages for example with a short break between) so we might want to compromise and hold it one hour between the current proposed time slot of 18:00 GMT and the regular ORCA slot which I believe is 20:00 GMT. i.e. 19:00 GMT. It's over a month away so we still have some flexibility.

imagehux.jpg

(I was logged in as ORCA_Champ)

^ Hope you can make it, you're our Ace in the Hole! :)

And there's me thinking the above showed the King had been overthrown. :)

^ Hope you can make it, you're our Ace in the Hole! :)
With that many D1 guys signed up already I'd be lucky to even qualify for the 'final'. We better recruit faster guys from past seasons. Wardez, Brosif, Wii, iforce, where are they?

With that many D1 guys signed up already I'd be lucky to even qualify for the 'final'. We better recruit faster guys from past seasons. Wardez, Brosif, Wii, iforce, where are they?

As I stated in the interest check thread we can handicap if it looks uneven when the driver grid fills out. We want this to be fun/fair so we'll tailor the format so everyone can contribute regardless of speed/skill. Our EU contingent tends to be disproportionately D1 rated and I expect as the NA contingent start expressing interest that we'll get a more distributed list of drivers including those from D3 and D4.

Your welcome to recruit from past ORCA seasons as well... Team ORCA is totally under the control of Brandon and that's his call. Also I'm willing to run for Team ORCA... not that you'll actually want me or that I can hold a flame to the D1 guys. :lol:

Good news everyone! We're finally going to be able to set a limit of how many people can enter our lounge. This should help prevent extreme lag with a full room (think we should limit to 14). Lots of other fantastic goodies coming our way next week! Sadly, no new tracks but those do take a lot longer to create so I wouldn't expect them with every DLC. And yes, we're getting another freaking GT-R. :( But, we're also getting a Scirocco, and possibly a shifter kart (125sp?!)!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/14/gran-turismo-5-new-dlc-and-update-2-02-coming-next-week/

^ I'm more excited about the GT-86. I know I'm gonna be tempted pretty hard to buy one (in Subaru trim) this spring.

"As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection."

I'm just going by what the press release said.

As for those car reset cards, I hope that doesn't mean they're fixing the 0/0/0 glitch.

I signed-up for Team ORCA for the special event, but mostly just to express interest. I understand priority should go to veterans of ORCA series, so I will withdraw if there's a full team. :)

Last edited:
I searched, found no info on this. Please to explain.

This intrigued me, so I started looking up 'gt5 glitch' and found this video of the SS7 glitch with two very familiar names on the driver list!

Ummmmm.........ummmmm............that was a totally different Brandon and Owens! :nervous:

That was from the H-Shifter league, he had a PVR and recorded all our races. After one of the races he changed it to SSR7 and showed us all the glitch, recording the whole time of course. That was one of only two times I did it, and it makes it on the freaking news! :dunce:

A side note, when things started to go south in that group and he started dishing out personal insults he was calling Owens and I "glitchers”. We of course had to point out that it was his video on the news and he was hosting that race. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA! And here I thought this was the most honest group of racers on GTP...

Hey is anyone on GT5 right now?

Would like to race with someone to see if i can even keep up.

Will be on GTP for a while so let me know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back