Aliens

• Thread starter Exorcet
  • 2,385 comments

Is there extraterrestrial life?

• Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (non carbon based)

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon based)

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon and non carbon based)

Votes: 82 10.8%
  • Yes, and they are humanoid creatures

Votes: 39 5.1%
  • Yes, and they are those associated with abductions

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like

Votes: 379 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 151 19.8%
  • No, they only exist in movies

Votes: 47 6.2%

• Total voters
That can't be. The universe is not infinite, therefore nothing in it is. If it were infinite it would not be expanding.

Of course everything is infinite. You can not create nor destory energy, so that means its infinite.
The universe is expanding, true, but at some point it will contract again to be one again, destroying life but soon after BIG BANG again and life will spring, what ends begins at the same time. Its a never ending cycle.

THe whole universe is 98% of space, nothingness, and so are atoms. No matter how you look at it, what ends, something new will begin, remember, energy can not be created nor destroyed, it will just transfer from one thing to another.

Its just a theory. I think there had to be energy to start something.

Its like math, if you take a 0, there will be always a 0. if you add numbers to it, then we got something then.

Its just a theory. I think there had to be energy to start something.

Its like math, if you take a 0, there will be always a 0. if you add numbers to it, then we got something then.

First, it is the only theory that works, so far.
Second, you added something when there was nothing! You proved me right! This is the same as positive energy that holds matter together and negative gavitational energy, and energy does not change over time.

So yeah, that 0 plus 1, that one is SOMETHING ;)
When you mention starts from NOTHING, I am thinking 0 + 0 = 0

What about 0 = -1 + 1 ...? What is interesting about this is that it is testable... by observing the universe and figuring out the true nature of matter (and anti-matter etc.), it could be that the entire universe actually contains zero net energy.

Could be but whats inside it its us, its water, its plants, its gravity, its energy.

Cool Gif I found, Anyone has similar ones?

Its not about Aliens, but could you imagine different life on huge planets?
Lets say one of those planets has humanoid life, would they be bigger or small then us in a 1000x size of a planet.

spacescale.gif

What about 0 = -1 + 1 ...? What is interesting about this is that it is testable... by observing the universe and figuring out the true nature of matter (and anti-matter etc.), it could be that the entire universe actually contains zero net energy.

That's correct.
Gravity= negative energy (takes work to seperate bodies)
Matter= positive energy (takes work to assemble bodies)

"... On the scale of the entire universe, the positive energy of matter can be balance by the negative gravitational energy, and so there is no restriction on the creation of whole universes. ..." Hawking

A year ago in July, a total eclipse of the Sun occurred over China. It so happened that an observatory packed with their best scientists and equipment set up to take observations during the eclipse. But a gigantic UFO reputedly several miles wide appeared next to the Sun, and the scientists at the observatory could not avoid seeing it. So they taped and otherwise observed it for 40 minutes, taking enough data to require a large staff a year to analyze. Now the year is up and they are on the verge of announcing their results to the world (supposedly). I wonder what they may say? Since Chinese UFOs have been seen to change shape, I'm betting on plasma. Plasma in the laboratory can readily be formed into a ball, then changed in shape, color and other charateristics without losing its cellular integrity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ese-scientists-filmed-UFO-for-40-minutes.html

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

I have located a curious form of announcement from one of the Chinese scientists concerned.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/7114409.html

Although they contradict Hawking, they would appear to agree with some governments of Europe and South America in adoption of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. Meanwhile, factions of the US government and Christian religion appear to be quarreling over whether aliens are secular or demonic.
http://gralienreport.com/ufos/alien-contact-in-history-battle-for-our-souls-or-a-culture-clash/
http://www.lookupfellowship.com/2010/10/tipping-point-in-3-2-1.html

In my view, this is all disagreeable nonsense more easily explained by natural physical phenomena.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

how-small-we-are1.jpg

I apologise for the size and if it's too big let me know and I'll edit.

Check out the galaxy photo. There is billions of galaxies out there and in each galaxy there is billions of stars. There HAS to be life on at least one planet other than Earth. The odds on us being the only ones is billions of billions to one

Thanks Anes for the post, I was looking for that one. It is pretty amazing. Thus I think in this universe everything is infinite. Once you reach the end of a galaxy, you might reach the beginning of the universe, maybe even in different dimension. That is my thought, and I dont think there is an end.

Hm, it's the 13th of October, where are my promised UFO's? Oh noes, wait, so it was lie!!!??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know, just wanted to say that. :sly:

Wiki
If Earth's Sun were replaced by VY Canis Majoris, its radius might extend beyond the orbit of Saturn. Assuming the upper size limit of 2100 solar radii, light would take more than 2.7 hours to travel around the star's circumference, compared to 14.5 seconds for the Sun.

Big star is Big

Hm, it's the 13th of October, where are my promised UFO's? Oh noes, wait, so it was lie!!!??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know, just wanted to say that. :sly:

Don't get too exited, but UFOs did appear over New York City at high noon, 10/13/10.
http://ufodisclosurecountdownclock.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-my-god-predicted-ufos-show-up-and.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...floating_over_manhattan_spark_ufo_frenzy.html
http://radiomainstream.com/2010/10/...-all-area-airports-shut-downed-picture-video/

Last edited:

mmhmm interesting, thought it looks like ballons to me... but would be interesting to hear what the fuzz was all about.

What i would like to know is, how did they disappear? They the objects just float away like air baloons would, or did they take off like a Alien UFO?

Chris

Oukays, that is actually quite interesting, to me, looks like the ordinary UFO sighting. Quite a coincidence that you see rather many of them , on the 13th of October, in probably THE major city, for so long, interesting indeed.
But it's still nowhere near the predictions of some major, worldwide ufo showup and if they really would like the people to believe in them, why do they not fly a bit lower? Anyways, thanks for this, really surprised right now.
You know, when you really hold sth. like this as a (if even unlikely) possibility, it doesn't happen (like last year also in October) but if you're making fun of it and laugh about such kind of information, then something like this shows up, eh?:dunce::crazy:

My mother lives in NYC and she hadn't heard of the UFOs as of last night. So they aren't making a big deal about it. FAA said whatever it was wasn't affecting the airplanes coming and going from NYC.

I actually heard something very strange outside while in bed on the night of the 13th. It was a strange whirring or hovering sound. It didn't sound a Car or Helicopter or Plane. The pitch of the sound slowly went up, and got quieter at the same time. I could still hear it faintly for the next few minutes until it dissappeared. I wish I'd trtied looking out the window but I was too comfortable to get out of bed!

Back