All About Tyres - And They Are Visibly Worn Out Now

• Thread starter GordonS
  • 61 comments
Finland
Finland
CONTINUE_F5

Occured at a racing photoshoot session:
I took a shot of my Huracán's racing tyre and behold! There is visible wear out now.
The pictures show three stages of wearing out: a new Racing tyre - a couple of laps old - and about fifteen oval laps old tyre, which sows a kind of blistering on it.

I wonder if this is thread worthy. If so, good.
Also, feel free to discuss all about GT Sport tyres in this thread.
- finbaek

edit: The tyre wear was off in the event I took the photos.

Last edited:
It's a nice detail but I'd prefer to have a tire model (if it exists I don't feel it through the wheel). The way some cars snap instantly without giving any physical information through the wheel can be frustrating sometimes, especially if you're driving on the limit to set top10 times without any aids.

I guess I would never find out that the tires have visual differences for various degrees of tire wear. :)

I made a video on the topic of my original footage with bonus images of destroyed fully melted tyres.
p.s. The blister/marble pattern on a tyre can be seen every now and then during a drive. More test is needed to solve why that pattern occurs..

is it possible to wear them down to the point of giving away? (popping)
Actually I punished the tyres only so long that the tyre icons were empty. So I didn't test that but I guess there is no tyre blow outs in the game.

During the burnout session it became evident that the comfort tyres are not realistic at all - all too durable. Especially the fronts don't want to melt under Huracán. They last several, several minutes.

Actually I punished the tyres only so long that the tyre icons were empty. So I didn't test that but I guess there is no tyre blow outs in the game.

During the burnout session it became evident that the comfort tyres are not realistic at all - all too durable. Especially the fronts don't want to melt under Huracán. They last several, several minutes.
yeah, its unfortunate that the tyres dont blow out. would of been more interesting to see this or at least have an option for it in custom racing for serious 24hr LM racing.

This is a nice detail and I'm surprised it's in the game, given how I think there are two open wheel 'cars' in the game, one being a kart..
But I wish it amounted to more than it does. Tyre wear seems very linear, they just seem to wear out until you're on one of the rally stages... But I'm not so sure this means as much as @Brend is hoping :lol:

This is a nice detail and I'm surprised it's in the game, given how I think there are two open wheel 'cars' in the game, one being a kart..
But I wish it amounted to more than it does. Tyre wear seems very linear, they just seem to wear out until you're on one of the rally stages... But I'm not so sure this means as much as @Brend is hoping :lol:
Gotta be optimistic. :D

Which "staff" ? ...I think the staff that worked on the tyre graphics could probably be working on other things too..
Really............ok he did notice that..............that"s good............
But the game is for "pleasure" playing it,not that "staff" Kaz did.......................for "what reason"?

What's that's got to do with details in GT S? Almost like you are saying that GT S is not a serious driving game , since it include a KTM X-Bow and a Racing Kart?

So, this thread is 4 days old but no one tried road tyres yet? Or did I miss it? I wonder if the tread can be erased

All these “no new tracks” comments don’t understand how simple this could be. If it were taking in factors such as which part of the tire is more worn out, then I would understand and say time could’ve been spent elsewhere.

This could simply a coded texture change that occurs at certain data points. Tire wear at zero? Insert worn texture. Brand new tires put on? Insert clean texture. Now compare that to how long it takes to make a new track. Chill out.

:gtpflag:Thank you GTPlanet.
Hopefully they (PoDi) will add new dimensions to the tyre life, for example clean driving line and dirty asphalt, at least as an option in online lobby racing.
👍

Back