All About Tyres - And They Are Visibly Worn Out Now

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GordonS, Dec 31, 2017.

1. GordonS

GordonS

Occured at a racing photoshoot session:
    I took a shot of my Huracán's racing tyre and behold! There is visible wear out now.
    The pictures show three stages of wearing out: a new Racing tyre - a couple of laps old - and about fifteen oval laps old tyre, which sows a kind of blistering on it.

I wonder if this is thread worthy. If so, good.
    Also, feel free to discuss all about GT Sport tyres in this thread.
    - finbaek

edit: The tyre wear was off in the event I took the photos.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    usmaan, GT6mebe, JoaoSilva and 50 others like this.
  2. Mr_dave

Mr_dave

Love this!

AgentBlackDog and GordonS like this.
  3. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

It's a nice detail but I'd prefer to have a tire model (if it exists I don't feel it through the wheel). The way some cars snap instantly without giving any physical information through the wheel can be frustrating sometimes, especially if you're driving on the limit to set top10 times without any aids.

I guess I would never find out that the tires have visual differences for various degrees of tire wear. :)

4. CHEN255

CHEN255

Wow! It’s a nice detail to see (is it new or just been noticed?) and I’m also loving the shine on that alloy wheel. I remember when consoles/video games were unable to render that shiny alloy look.

JoueurGT, poumpoum, ferhound and 3 others like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Moderator

Yup , nice little detail. Saw the pics on my feed in game. :tup: :tup:

AgentBlackDog, IngRobNy and GordonS like this.
  6. GordonS

GordonS

I made a video on the topic of my original footage with bonus images of destroyed fully melted tyres.
    p.s. The blister/marble pattern on a tyre can be seen every now and then during a drive. More test is needed to solve why that pattern occurs..

perja55, JoueurGT, poumpoum and 28 others like this.
  7. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid

Man with this attention to detail, I'm wondering if any of the cars have crumbs in the seats from snacks the modelers ate while modeling the cars.

8. PrinceAsh7

PrinceAsh7

is it possible to wear them down to the point of giving away? (popping)

ApexHunter180 and TheGeologist like this.
  9. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

That is really cool.

AgentBlackDog and TheNuvolari like this.
  10. GordonS

GordonS

Actually I punished the tyres only so long that the tyre icons were empty. So I didn't test that but I guess there is no tyre blow outs in the game.

During the burnout session it became evident that the comfort tyres are not realistic at all - all too durable. Especially the fronts don't want to melt under Huracán. They last several, several minutes.

perja55 and Gregfranklin like this.
  11. PrinceAsh7

PrinceAsh7

yeah, its unfortunate that the tyres dont blow out. would of been more interesting to see this or at least have an option for it in custom racing for serious 24hr LM racing.

12. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

13. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

PD have gone overboard with details in GT S, it's not a complaint, it's just awesome how real the cars looks and visual tire wear is even more awesome :bowdown:.

14. baldgye

baldgye Premium

This is a nice detail and I'm surprised it's in the game, given how I think there are two open wheel 'cars' in the game, one being a kart..
    But I wish it amounted to more than it does. Tyre wear seems very linear, they just seem to wear out until you're on one of the rally stages... But I'm not so sure this means as much as @Brend is hoping :lol:

potvinsuks, IngRobNy and Brend like this.
  15. Brend

Brend Contributing Writer

Gotta be optimistic. :D

baldgye likes this.
  16. Sartnir

Sartnir

IT NEEDS more cars-circuits and LOTS of races OFFLINE........not that "staff".......!!!
    -_-

17. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Which "staff" ? ...I think the staff that worked on the tyre graphics could probably be working on other things too..

Pedinhuh, oneloops, VR6syncro and 2 others like this.
  18. Sartnir

Sartnir

Really............ok he did notice that..............that"s good............
    But the game is for "pleasure" playing it,not that "staff" Kaz did.......................for "what reason"?

19. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

What's that's got to do with details in GT S? Almost like you are saying that GT S is not a serious driving game , since it include a KTM X-Bow and a Racing Kart?

20. n10secapricorn

n10secapricorn

What would really be nice is if they could model tire deformation at take into account the stiffer sidewalls if you go +1 or +2 with your wheel upgrade.

Gregfranklin likes this.
  21. Whitefalcon63

Whitefalcon63

You actually can see the tyre deflection on the rim as you go through a corner which I thought was a nice touch.

TheNuvolari and IngRobNy like this.
  22. Gulyo

Gulyo

wow, fantastic...we have tire wear which is never visible...but we have not new tracks

Draggon, shiny01 and acedition333 like this.
  23. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

So, this thread is 4 days old but no one tried road tyres yet? Or did I miss it? I wonder if the tread can be erased

24. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Nope. Its says that we can only see the visual wear easily in two cars, he open wheel ones!

potvinsuks, IngRobNy and baldgye like this.
  25. iName

iName

All these “no new tracks” comments don’t understand how simple this could be. If it were taking in factors such as which part of the tire is more worn out, then I would understand and say time could’ve been spent elsewhere.

This could simply a coded texture change that occurs at certain data points. Tire wear at zero? Insert worn texture. Brand new tires put on? Insert clean texture. Now compare that to how long it takes to make a new track. Chill out.

Dan, kusi18, Armand Manga and 13 others like this.
  26. GordonS

GordonS

:gtpflag:Thank you GTPlanet.
    Hopefully they (PoDi) will add new dimensions to the tyre life, for example clean driving line and dirty asphalt, at least as an option in online lobby racing.
    :tup:

NosOsH and Lubeify100 like this.
  27. wydowmaykur

wydowmaykur

They spent time doing this? Yet there is no tire smoke or marks?! What a joke

28. GordonS

GordonS

But there is both.

29. baldgye

baldgye Premium

What?

Dan, JoaoSilva, Alpha Cipher and 6 others like this.
  30. wydowmaykur

wydowmaykur

I've never seen a tire mark on the ground or smoke in any of the replays