All Avatar Related Items Here....

Centered on his face:
faceus.jpg

or his shoulders:
shouldersd.jpg

both with an outline.

Acceptable?

Still having issues with the avatar always being blurry. This one is 120x 120 and 29k. Any tips on things I should do while making them in photoshop that will help with the quality? I'm already saving them as a .png and that doesn't seem to be helping.

lexus_av.jpg

I think the problem is that the file size is too big, and when it is uploaded to GTP, it automatically gets resized.

^ That is precisely the problem. Anything over 120 pixels or 25k will be resized by the forum software and typically come out blurry. The only way around this is to make sure you're under those limits before you upload the avatar.

Give this one a try.

lexusav.jpg

...Any tips on things I should do while making them in photoshop that will help with the quality? ..

Try filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask > About 25%, radius 0,5 pixels. I'm sure that will give you some sharper details, provided that you have the right size avatar of course.

Could someone please make me a Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XLV avatar? I can't seem to find a good one via google image search. The GTPlanet requirements are 20 kb and 100x100 pixels. I could pay you back with a car in GT5 if you wish. Thank you for your time and consideration!

From the Custom Avatar Post-
Can someone make an avatar for me?
GTPlanet is home to some great graphic designers who would be more than happy to make an avatar for you. I recommend contacting them via there (Jordan, check your "there"s!) respective "avatar threads", or just start your own thread requesting what you'd like done.

Any chance somebody could make this work for me, preferably with the background color transparent or the grey on the left panel here.

Thanks all :).

2rqewd0.gif

1st, it'd help to know what size a premium
Size avatar is (for us normal folk) and would you want it cropped or resized. And with a small border or without?

1st, it'd help to know what size a premium
Size avatar is (for us normal folk) and would you want it cropped or resized. And with a small border or without?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to come out like that. 120x120 And if someone were to do it for me then I would take it any way I could get it. Thanks for responding. :ouch:

Well, actually, I didn't mean to come out like that! I'm not on the computer right now, but I'll see what I can do in the morning.

Back