All Avatar Related Items Here....

Can somebody tell me why my avatar still looks slightly blurred and 'cloudy' despite it being the right size?

Can somebody tell me why my avatar still looks slightly blurred and 'cloudy' despite it being the right size?

Have you resized it and then expanded it to 120 by 120? Because if you resized it to something smaller than that, then increased it's size then it may become blurry.

Yeah this one is 120 x 120. Here's the original image if anybody can help me, but I don't understand why mine is blurry when it shouldn't me.

Give this one a go.

nb2jax.jpg

Out of curiosity, if you still have the original image, what is the image size in both pixels and kb? If either one of them are over the limit, the forum software will resize it.

Yeah I made sure none of them were over the size limit, believe me I tried many different ways of resizing and file types, all to no avail.

Thanks anyway, TB.

Stupid pictures, can't get a good one of this without it going all blurry (I haven't had to ask since April aswell)

Could anybody do this cropped and resized to premo-av size please? Much obliged. (apologies for large image)

pescarolopits.png

Obviously I cropped out the left side as it's quite distracting which also makes the Pescarolo a tiny bit larger. I then made it smaller by adding a border. :P

EDIT: My avatars are having problems. When I try to upload them via 'My Pictures' folder, they seem to increase in size, because they come out really blurry, (like the same sort when you post it too big). I've just uploaded it via Photobucket, and it's fine. Help please?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me exactly what they do to get unblurry prem avatars? I've tried so many different things and it's always blurry. I though it didn't matter as long as the image is 120 x 120. My last attempt is better but not really crisp like most peoples.

The image must be 120x120 (100x100 for non-Premies) or smaller and less than 25kb ( or 20kb). If either/both of those are exceeded, the forum software will resize it and it'll likely end up less than ideal. As for format, I'd suggest png and then if that doesn't come in small enough, go to jpg.

Thanks but I'm still stumped, this image is jpeg (png is over 30kb) and is 8.9kb and 120x120 pixels. Yet it still is blurry. Confuzzled.

It might just be the image but it still doesn't look as crisp as it does when I look at the image on my comp.

If you have a compression setting for saving the jpg, make sure it's at the highest quality you can and still be under the 25kb limit.

I need a little help. Can somebody make me an avatar from this image, full shot of the car and make the background invisible/same colour as the left panel of the post?

I don't usually make a habit of following up requests without a 'please', however I'm feeling cordial.

bmwav-1.png

I don't usually make a habit of following up requests without a 'please', however I'm feeling cordial.

bmwav-1.png

Well, your cordial feeling is definitely helping. I'm sorry for lefting out 'please' but thanks a lot mate ;)

Thanks but I'm still stumped, this image is jpeg (png is over 30kb) and is 8.9kb and 120x120 pixels. Yet it still is blurry. Confuzzled.

It might just be the image but it still doesn't look as crisp as it does when I look at the image on my comp.

Change it from RGB to Index, change the settings to Local, 256 colors, save as gif.... Significantly smaller size.

Would you believe me if I told this this gif was only 11kb?

It still looks blurry and this is a 256 colour 120 x 120 png that's 10.8kb. It still looks blurry, espeically if you compare it to the Pescarolo one TB did for me the other week.

Since I still don't have any luck can somebody crop and resize this for premo please?

911_GT3_R_Manthey_Racing02.jpg

or this if the above isn't suitable. (crop around the Manthey 911)

470-manthey-vln-porsche.jpg

Thank you.

I've done some searching and haven't found an answer. I scaled down an image to a very simple 100x100 gif, file size of 5KB. I've tried uploading it directly from my control panel and tried linking it from my Dropbox folder. In both cases I simply get an "Unable to save image" error. Can anyone help? Here's the Dropbox link. I don't see anything odd about the file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17114178/Avatars/lokomotiv.gif

Thanks, I did try JPEG, and I got the exact same error.

I haven't found anything conclusive when searching for "unable to save image" errors here, but a quick Googling of that error as it pertains to vBulletin software indicates that it may be a backend folder permission error.

Last edited:
Thanks, I did try JPEG, and I got the exact same error.

I haven't found anything conclusive when searching for "unable to save image" errors here, but a quick Googling of that error as it pertains to vBulletin software indicates that it may be a backend folder permission error.

Thats metal.
I use tinypic.com
You can edit, resize ect on there to.👍

Back