All cars must be premium cars.

• Thread starter seteberto
  • 143 comments
I kinda agree, but disagree. I'm alright with a few cars looking jagged and just having a black cockpit view as long as they drive, but I also think it would be silly to see them on PS4 looking that way, but for now; I want them kept in GT6 until PD manages to model another 100+ HD-age cars for GT7.

Anyway, I've said this before a few times already and say it again, I bet we won't see the jaggy standards anymore when GT7 comes out. By then, there will be 500-700 HD-age cars and the standards will no longer have a purpose.

GT3? Yeah, let's not do that again. A lot of good cars were lost in that.
I was actually refering to Ffffff... but GT3 is a great point though and I think GT7 will be with the new console like what PS2 was to GT3 but maybe more cars/tracks,I'll guess 300-400 cars IF GT7 is out in 2 years.
I think that should be good enough for most but I won't mind any standards as long as the physics are good.:)

I think the black cockpits are somewhat ridiculous, but they allow players to handicap themselves a bit if they want to by reducing how much they can see.

On one hand, taking cars from GT4 into GT7 without thoroughly rebuilding them seems a bit extreme, since GT7 will be coming 10 years and 2 generations of hardware later. On the other hand, the difference in appearance between standard and premium cars is not so jarring at racing speed (I think), and that's where it matters the most.

I was actually refering to Ffffff... but GT3 is a great point though and I think GT7 will be with the new console like what PS2 was to GT3 but maybe more cars/tracks,I'll guess 300-400 cars IF GT7 is out in 2 years.
I think that should be good enough for most but I won't mind any standards as long as the physics are good.:)

I'm sticking with my theory of 500-700 cars, my main reason for doing so is that I've heard that the premiums we have now are actually PS4 ready. So, there wouldn't be much to do other than model some new cars and smooth out some of the older premiums. Either way, I bet PD will do away with the standards by GT7.

Here is my point of view.

If I had a choice between PD putting financial resources into better looking cars or extra tracks, I'd choose extra tracks every time.

Why? For a richer, more varied experience that will keep me coming back to GT for years to come. Lack of tracks in the latest Forza is what brought me to GT, and I'm incredibly delighted I made the move!!

:gtpflag:

Please don't take my standard cars away. If you don't like 'em, don't drive 'em. (If you don't like gay marriage, don't get gay married!) Please don't try to impose restrictions on the rest of the world when you can restrict yourself.

If you don't agree with our suggestion, don't "Like" it. ;)

This is the problem of not having a "Dislike" button. There is no count of the number of people who did not click "Like".

The only way we have available to express our opinion is by explaining that we dislike it and why we hold this view.

Edit: And of course, it's a lot easier to click a button than post a reply, so the number of dissenting replies will not be indicative of the number of dissenting members.

This is the problem of not having a "Dislike" button. There is no count of the number of people who did not click "Like".

The only way we have available to express our opinion is by explaining that we dislike it and why we hold this view.

Edit: And of course, it's a lot easier to click a button than post a reply, so the number of dissenting replies will not be indicative of the number of dissenting members.

So go click "like" in the thread for more tracks, and if it does not exist, start one :)

I do agree that the standard cars really have no place in a polished game like GT6 and for me at least should be removed until they have been updated.
They spoil pictures and just fill up the dealerships with unnecessary vehicles.

Some of them could be reintroduced as DLC at a later date - individually or maybe as bundled "packs". Free/Paid for - discuss.

Surely there's enough cars to be going on with until they are returned.

Although I know there are others who would like them to remain (the collectors out there), so this is a good point.

@IfAndOr, I suppose I qualify as a casual collector, in that there are a few cars in my garage that are there for sentimental reasons. Like the Lotus Europa and the Renault R8 Gordini. I also, as an Australian (expat), find it's necessary to have a Holden Commodore and a Ford Falcon XR8 in my garage. I have never owned either a Commodore or a Falcon, but that's beside the point. These Aussie cars are standards, and if you take them away from the game, you'll have a revolt on your hands.

Looking at the Cars suggestion thread, I'm sure you, like me, sometimes say "how could anyone like that THING!?". But people have their sentimental favorites. That "thing" was probably owned by a beloved uncle or aunt, and brings back memories.

It is for these reasons that I would never take these standards away, even if they look, um, crappy. There, I've said it.

Tracks are a different issue. We look a lot more at tracks than we do at cars, and retiring ancient, low definition, inaccurate renderings of tracks probably makes sense. However, there are a lot of members in the Tracks Suggestion thread who would probably love to see tracks from early GT games restored even with the old "crappy" graphics. They have a sentimental attachment to them.

For me, as a late-comer to GT, escaping the post-FM4 train-wreck, I don't have that history, so I doubt I'd like to regularly use those old tracks in their pixelated glory. However, if they were there, I'd love to try them at least once, just to understand what all the passion is about. Who knows, I might get hooked. Every so often I fire up FM1 so I can drive the streets of Sydney (Australia), and the poorer graphics don't bother me too much. But I never stay long.

@GBO Possum - I do understand your point of view.

In GT5 I was not an avid collector, but much like you I did acquire quite a lot of standard models of cars I have owned / would like to have owned / lets give that a try.
But in GT6 I have not bothered purchasing them again (as standards).

I just think PD have missed an opportunity in GT6 to if not remove all standard cars, at least to have a bit of a clear out. The amount of near duplicates is outstanding.
Someone's mentioned they seem to have gone for quantity over quality - and this seems to be the case.

As for tracks. I couldn't agree more - they are the lifeblood of any driving/racing game.
More tracks less cars would suit me. But not everybody of course :sly:

Ah, expat - I was wandering where the Possum fitted in.:cool:

I just can't see PD looking at this thread and going, "Oh, turns out players like Premium cars better. We should make more of them."

That's basically all they do already.

Why do you think PD decided they want standards cars in GT? Maybe it was Sony that forced PD to include those cars for marketing reasons.
Up scaled ps2 cars are embarrassing in a ps3 title... why would Sony want this in one of their flagship titles.

We aren't asking for all standard cars to be made premium. We just want standard cars to be removed. Period.
And what's the point if that???? You get ur premium cars, and might as well have the standards as extra, what's wrong with that?

And what's the point if that???? You get ur premium cars, and might as well have the standards as extra, what's wrong with that?

From my understanding of the thread, I think the point is that the Standard cars are actually wasting up valuable resources that could otherwise be used to add more polish to areas that do really need it the most i.e. tracks, trees, crowds, lighting, and overall visuals (excluding the Premium cars). GT badly needs that makeover, and the inclusion of Standard cars is restricting that innovation and preventing GT from reaching its full potential. I do agree that the Standard cars are actually important, considering that GT appeals to collectors, racers, and those that would simply stare at the sheer beauty of the Premium cars alike, but that huge quality disparity between these Standard cars and their Premium counterparts negatively affects the overall quality of the game, and ironically, its visual appeal (for which GT is renowned). To port PS2 models into current-gen (hopefully not next-gen this time) is arguably unacceptable for an AAA game of GT's caliber in this day and age because it shows a lack of innovation, making the game feel 'recycled' as opposed to being a fresh new take on the series with each iteration. We really do hope that this is fixed with GT7, hence this thread. ;)

Last edited:
i agree. it kinda bugs me that i have a nice ford gt that very datailed and has the full interior but then i have an m3 gtr with poor detail and no interior. it's like two different games just mashed together without any care. Deleting them isn't a good idea. they should remake them in HD.

The thing that irks me most is that we've made it known what was wrong with GT5, and they pretty much slapped us by saying, "Alright, we hear your concerns about no drag strip, the cars sound wonky, there's 73 Skylines and 35 3000GT's... So we'll start off with 1,200 cars! That'll solve everything."

I mean, the new lighting system is great, but the tracks look barely better. The trees are straight from Hobby Lobby for a railroad kit, the people are animated cardboard cutouts with better faces, and that's really about it. They only really added 120-something cars, and didn't fix the 1080 or so from GT5.
The lighting is not better, and Thay went backwards graphicly. GT5 looks more life like, Kaz wasn't kiding when he said photo realistic.

f40
They should convert some of the more significant standards (like Group B rally cars, LMPs/Group Cs like the winning BMW & Peugeot 905, Ford GT40, Chapparals, RUFs, Caterham, maybe some more road cars) then ditch the standards for GT7.
Just the one's that matter for example RUF'S, Supra RZ, Nissmo's, Saleen S7, Nissan R390.

Last edited:
Here is my point of view.

If I had a choice between PD putting financial resources into better looking cars or extra tracks, I'd choose extra tracks every time.

Why? For a richer, more varied experience that will keep me coming back to GT for years to come. Lack of tracks in the latest Forza is what brought me to GT, and I'm incredibly delighted I made the move!!

:gtpflag:

Please don't take my standard cars away. If you don't like 'em, don't drive 'em. (If you don't like gay marriage, don't get gay married!) Please don't try to impose restrictions on the rest of the world when you can restrict yourself.
In My opinion I thought Forza has a real good roster of real world circuits.

The lighting is not better, and Thay went backwards graphicly. GT5 looks more life like, Kaz wasn't kiding when he said photo realistic.
Just the one's that matter for example RUF'S, Supra RZ, Nissmo's, Saleen S7, Nissan R390.
In My opinion I thought Forza has a real good roster of real world circuits.

Use the edit button.

I just want Premium detail on all Standard Cars like you did with RUFs. Semi Premiums that have the improper treatment like Focuses, Vectra, CTR2, Alto(Both Works and RSZ), etc. Semi Premiums that need to look exactly like Premiums without interior like Fits, Colt, Nissan Exa, Nissan PAO, Niddan Be, Piazza, 3000GTs, Escudo, 00 Mustang, Escudo, Caterham Fireblade, Toyota MRS Super GT, SC430, etc. I hope standard cars will be updated during major updates.

Last edited:
Not possible, just too many cars to cover. New cars keep on getting released, classic cars are laser scanned, and then there are this, standard to premium conversion. You'd need 500 modellers just to have every standard cars in GT6 ready for GT7 in so-called premium quality, figuratively speaking of course. It's just not doable. That's why they should be dropped altogether and let PDI release a few when they are ready. Best case scenario.
Worst? they leave them in GT7, few turned into "semi-premium".
Of course in an ideal world I'd get 1400 premium spec cars with interiors and what nots. But let's be realistic - it's just too big a mess PDI finds themselves in. So do a GT3, by dropping standard cars altogether. Not ideal, I know.

PD, hire me, I'm a junior 3D modeler who wants to work and improve the **** out of this game. Pay me with sushi and pretty japan girls. Also a little bunch of yen are accepted.
Sure you can:
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/job20.html
Not possible, just too many cars to cover. New cars keep on getting released, classic cars are laser scanned, and then there are this, standard to premium conversion. You'd need 500 modellers just to have every standard cars in GT6 ready for GT7 in so-called premium quality, figuratively speaking of course. It's just not doable. That's why they should be dropped altogether and let PDI release a few when they are ready. Best case scenario.
Worst? they leave them in GT7, few turned into "semi-premium".
Of course in an ideal world I'd get 1400 premium spec cars with interiors and what nots. But let's be realistic - it's just too big a mess PDI finds themselves in. So do a GT3, by dropping standard cars altogether. Not ideal, I know.
Yeah. I want 200 modelers.

Last edited:
Maybe what PD could do is temporarily team up with other game developers, that way more people are working on the game. 💡

Back