All cars must be premium cars.

• Thread starter seteberto
  • 143 comments
The huge car list is becoming Gran Turismo's main selling point. Without all of those cars, I think no one would buy Gran Turismo anymore.

The standard cars are hurting the image of the GT brand though. GT has always been known for having very realistic car models, and most of the standards are terrible quality and they have no detailed interiors.
@NixxxoN is right on what he said about, Nobody is forcing you to use the standard cars. The standard cars are not hurting the image of GT.

@NixxxoN is right on what he said about, Nobody is forcing you to use the standard cars. The standard cars are not hurting the image of GT.
I rarely use standards, but the AI seems to have a habit of using standards, even when there are premium models available. The inconsistency is hurting the game. One minute it looks just as good as next gen, the next minute it looks like a PS2 game!

Look at how fantastic the modelling is on this Dino:
gran-turismo-6-ferrari-dino-246-gt-71-render.jpg

Now, compare it to this:
mhhuwu7.jpg

As others have said, it feels like playing two separate games!

I rarely use standards, but the AI seems to have a habit of using standards, even when there are premium models available. The inconsistency is hurting the game. One minute it looks just as good as next gen, the next minute it looks like a PS2 game!

Look at how fantastic the modelling is on this Dino:
gran-turismo-6-ferrari-dino-246-gt-71-render.jpg

Now, compare it to this:
mhhuwu7.jpg

As others have said, it feels like playing two separate games!

All about the graphics, isnt it? Oh god the gamers of today... make me sick.

I'd rather have 1200 cars standards included than only 500 perfectly designed cars.

It's not all about the pretty graphics guys, IT ISNT!

Content and gameplay > graphics!

All about the graphics, isnt it? Oh god the gamers of today... make me sick.

I'd rather have 1200 cars standards included than only 500 perfectly designed cars.

It's not all about the pretty graphics guys, IT ISNT!

Content and gameplay > graphics!
I actually find the graphics of GT6 to be the best thing about the game. And even then it isn't perfect.

I actually find the graphics of GT6 to be the best thing about the game. And even then it isn't perfect.
The graphics are certainly not the best you can find in a racing game, but anyway who cares, theyre as good as they can get for a PS3 game, the machine is quite old and not very capable for nowadays standards, and in GT7 they will be 10 times better.
I think the best thing in GT6 is the content. The huge list of cars and the huge list of tracks too.

Last edited:
The graphics are certainly not the best you can find in a racing game, but anyway who cares, its a PS3 game, its got those improvable graphics, and in GT7 they will be 10 times better.
I think the best thing in GT6 is the content. The huge list of cars and the huge list of tracks too.
GT6 does indeed have a lot of content, but the problem for me is not the graphical quality, it is the difference in quality. The inconsistency kills the experience for me. That video in my previous post shows how amazing the game can look (premium car on premium track) and how appalling it can look (standard car on standard track. Is consistent graphical quality really too much to ask for?

Last edited:
GT6 does indeed have a lot of content, but the problem for me is not the graphical quality, it is the difference in quality. The inconsistency kills the experience for me. That video in my previous post shows how amazing the game can look (premium car on premium track) and how appalling it can look (standard car on standard track. Is consistent graphical quality really too much to ask for?

I think you focus too much on the graphic detail.
The experience is not to "watch" and analyze the game but to play the game and drive.

I think you focus too much on the graphic detail.
Pretty sure that's what PD wants us to do, or they wouldn't have bothered including photo travel or photo mode, or modelling cars to current 'premium' levels.
The experience is not to "watch" and analyze the game but to play the game and drive.
This is what I've been doing for the last year. The standards still stick out like a sore thumb. Also:
Gran_Turismo_5_GT_Spec_2_0_Update_Screenshots_1.jpg

It's kind of distracting driving when there isn't an interior...

Last edited:
Don't drive with the interior cam. Its useless. Use the hood cam or the bumper cam instead

Last edited:
As long as the exteriors look half decent (Like this Celica) then I'll be happy.

toyota_celica_ss_ii__zzt231___99_by_gt6_garage-d7e9kp4.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-19_11-30-48.jpeg
    upload_2015-1-19_11-30-48.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 15
I know that it's harder to see with the interior view. That's irrelevant. I happen to enjoy using it, as I'm sure others do too.
What I'm saying is that it doesnt feel good and doesnt feel realistic. In real life you see better and you can turn your head left and right easily. On the PS3 its not the same.
Also if you play with a wheel, its not realistic because you see two steering wheels (real one and virtual one) and the dashboard looks unnaturally away from you. With the hood cam you get the feeling that your TV screen is the windscreen of the car you drive, and it feels better.

What I'm saying is that it doesnt feel good and doesnt feel realistic. In real life you see better and you can turn your head left and right easily. On the PS3 its not the same.
Also if you play with a wheel, its not realistic because you see two steering wheels (real one and virtual one) and the dashboard looks unnaturally away from you. With the hood cam you get the feeling that your TV screen is the windscreen of the car you drive, and it feels better.
My main problem with interior view on most games is that the wheel only turns 90 degrees. Looks very unrealistic

Yeah, there are several quality levels within standard cars.
There are some horrible ones (that should be either removed or improved) like that Suzuki key car above, then there are average ones, and they you got other cars that almost look like being premium without interior, those sometimes called semi-premiums and were improved in GT6, like the RUF's, or the SEAT Ibiza Cupra.

I really don't see it anymore. Sure, I try to use the premium cars whenever possible but when it comes to my opponents, I could handle nondescript boxes with tires.

I get what you're saying but as I said before, some of us enjoy using the interior view.

If all the cars aren't premium by next gen i think ill shot myself. I'll still get the game, but it won't be acceptable to have standard cars. It wasn't acceptable in GT5 already anyways...

Or get rid of the excess duplicates of cars and maybe that would free up more memory to actually have more premium cars.

Why do you guys want the standard cars GONE? I understand wanting them to be upgraded, but just GONE? No. Even the worst standard models are still valuable game content.
It's because of people like you that Kaz has become so obsessed with car count and thinks that the amount of cars is more or less the only thing that sells games.
This is just my reason, but they hurt the overall quality of the game and make it feel like it was cobbled together, especially when you have standard cars like these:

I think this is unacceptable in this day and age.
I could not have put it better myself. Exactly how I feel as well!
GT3? Yeah, let's not do that again. A lot of good cars were lost in that.
Lost? Not a single car was lost in GT3, because it was their first game on the PS2 you see, and it still stands as one of the most consistent games in the series in my opinion because it has very few duplicates.

Last edited:
Back