All cars must be premium cars.

• Thread starter seteberto
  • 143 comments
Lost? Not a single car was lost in GT3, because it was their first game on the PS2 you see, and it still stands as one of the most consistent games in the series in my opinion because it has very few duplicates.
GT3 has 180 cars, less 470 cars than GT2. GT2 has 650 cars and most of them were thrown away.

GT3 has 180 cars, less 470 cars than GT2. GT2 has 650 cars and most of them were thrown away.
Still doesn't justify GT5's duplicates. There has to be at least 150 duplicates on GT6. Compared to the 5-10 on GT3

So you suggest they should've made the same mistake back then as they have now, and transfer the PS1 cars from GT2 straight over to the PS2 and GT3? Great...

So you suggest they should've made the same mistake back then as they have now, and transfer the PS1 cars from GT2 straight over to the PS2 and GT3? Great...
I didn't say that. But I think the reason of standard cars being there in GT6 is because perhaps PD may have commited a mistake on throwing away the GT2 Car/Track Models to GT3.

I didn't say that. But I think the reason of standard cars being there in GT6 is because perhaps PD may have commited a mistake on throwing away the GT2 Car/Track Models to GT3.
OR PD realised the mistake of throwing away GT2 models so they decided NOT to throw away GT4 models and thus everyone gets a little angry because we have PS2 cars in a PS3 game, and soon to be in a PS4 game

OR PD realised the mistake of throwing away GT2 models so they decided NOT to throw away GT4 models and thus everyone gets a little angry because we have PS2 cars in a PS3 game, and soon to be in a PS4 game
That's exactly I'm talking about! Since PD has realized the mistake of throwing GT2 models, PD decided not to throw away the GT4 models so the fans can drive the car of their preference. Like PD says and right: "Each car has its own fans"

That's exactly I'm talking about! Since PD has realized the mistake of throwing GT2 models, PD decided not to throw away the GT4 models so the fans can drive the car of their preference. Like PD says and right: "Each car has its own fans"
THEY RUINED IT! I want a premium Zonda. I want a premium Supra. I want a Premium 22B Impreza! They need to remove EVERY standard and add more premiums

THEY RUINED IT! I want a premium Zonda. I want a premium Supra. I want a Premium 22B Impreza! They need to remove EVERY standard and add more premiums
I agree with 2nd part: PD needs to make more premium cars and standard cars! Especially the Supra.

Get rid of duplicates from car list and put them in a trim option list. Put them in one car.

Get rid of SLR Mclaren '03. Get rid of Civic Type-R '98. Get rid of Alpine A110 1600S '73. Get rid of Silvia K's 1800cc '88. Get rid of Silvia Spec R S15 '99. Get rid of Viper GTS '99. Why?

Because we have an SLR Mclaren '09, Civic Type-R '97, Alpine A110 1600S '72, K's 1800cc Dia Selection '90, Silvia Spec R '02 and Viper GTS '02.

I agree with 2nd part: PD needs to make more premium cars and standard cars! Especially the Supra.

Get rid of duplicates from car list and put them in a trim option list. Put them in one car.

Get rid of SLR Mclaren '03. Get rid of Civic Type-R '98. Get rid of Alpine A110 1600S '73. Get rid of Silvia K's 1800cc '88. Get rid of Silvia Spec R S15 '99. Get rid of Viper GTS '99. Why?

Because we have an SLR Mclaren '09, Civic Type-R '97, Alpine A110 1600S '72, K's 1800cc Dia Selection '90, Silvia Spec R '02 and Viper GTS '02.
Exactly. I will work on yet another spreadsheet regarding the perfect way GT5's car list should be sorted

Exactly. I will work on yet another spreadsheet regarding the perfect way GT5's car list should be sorted
OK.

But there are some differences:
Civic Type R '98 has an Yellow colour and Civic Type R '97 does not;
SLR Mclaren '03 has an different wheel unlike the SLR Mclaren '09;
A110 1600S '73 has an 1602cc while the '72 version has 1567cc.

OK.

But there are some differences:
Civic Type R '98 has an Yellow colour and Civic Type R '97 does not;
SLR Mclaren '03 has an different wheel unlike the SLR Mclaren '09;
A110 1600S '73 has an 1602cc while the '72 version has 1567cc.
I will note these changes

It's because of people like you that Kaz has become so obsessed with car count and thinks that the amount of cars is more or less the only thing that sells games.

I could not have put it better myself. Exactly how I feel as well!

Lost? Not a single car was lost in GT3, because it was their first game on the PS2 you see, and it still stands as one of the most consistent games in the series in my opinion because it has very few duplicates.

Nope, I just like a game with a healthy amount of content instead of freaking out about quality. I'm not saying that duplicates are a good thing, and I agree with the need for more premium cars, but if PD is only adding premium cars to the game, and not wasting valuable dev time on the standards, I see absolutely no reason they should be removed from the game. Sure, quality-over-quantity me all you want, but quantity is still nice.

Should be ordered like this (I'll use Alpine A110 1600S as example)

Make Model Trim 1 Trim 2 Trim 3 Trim 4 Trim 5 Trim Changes
Alpine A110S 1972 1973 Engine Displacement

I will increase trim number if a car has a lot of necessary trims (EG Mazda MX-5 or Skyline GT-R)

Nope, I just like a game with a healthy amount of content instead of freaking out about quality. I'm not saying that duplicates are a good thing, and I agree with the need for more premium cars, but if PD is only adding premium cars to the game, and not wasting valuable dev time on the standards, I see absolutely no reason they should be removed from the game. Sure, quality-over-quantity me all you want, but quantity is still nice.
I disagree, but to each his own. I don't even necessarily want them to add more premium cars. I'd rather have them make the current premium cars sound and perform (physics wise) as good as possible before adding new ones.

How PD counts their cars is also a problem. I just did a quick check and counted 283 premium cars in GT6 + DLC, which is about as many as in GT3. Now, that's without duplicates and I'm not counting different liveries as different cars. I have no problem whatsoever with that number, but I'd like to see PD become open and honest about these things. I mean, no one hardly knew what "standard" cars even meant just a couple of months before the release of GT5 and that's a bit cheesy if you ask me.

Look at iRacing. It has 42 cars, yet it's ranked among the best racing games of all time. The problem with console sims like Gran Turismo and Forza though, is that there are kids playing them, and kids see an ad that says "over 1000 cars..." and goes "AWESOME!!!"
At the same time PD and T10 goes "$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!"

I will increase trim number if a car has a lot of necessary trims (EG Mazda MX-5 or Skyline GT-R)
Exactly how it should be done, instead of counting each trim/engine option as a different car. Like ordering a new car in real life basically. 👍

Last edited:
I disagree, but to each his own. I don't even necessarily want them to add more premium cars. I'd rather have them make the current premium cars sound and perform (physics wise) as good as possible before adding new ones.

How PD counts their cars is also a problem. I just did a quick check and counted 283 premium cars in GT6 + DLC, which is about as many as in GT3. Now, that's without duplicates and I'm not counting different liveries as different cars. I have no problem whatsoever with that number, but I'd like to see PD become open and honest about these things. I mean, no one hardly knew what "standard" cars even meant just a couple of months before the release of GT5 and that's a bit cheesy if you ask me.

Look at iRacing. It has 42 cars, yet it's ranked among the best racing games of all time. The problem with console sims like Gran Turismo and Forza though, is that there are kids playing them, and kids see an ad that says "over 1000 cars..." and goes "AWESOME!!!"
At the same time PD and T10 goes "$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!"

Exactly how it should be done, instead of counting each trim/engine option as a different car. Like ordering a new car in real life basically. 👍
I'm using the kudosprime site as it lists all GT6 cars in alphabetical order. Got down to Alpine so far.

Yes, the cars have an necessary trims:

Mazda Eunos Roadster NA:

Mazda Eunos Roadster 1800 DOHC [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited II [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster Special Package [NA] '89
Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited [NA] '97
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II 1600cc [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination A [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination B [NA] '95

And there isn't MX-5 1800 RS in Europe. The MX-5 1800RS '00 is listed as 1800RS in GT6 and it is listed as 158 HP and 1070 when it actually has 146 HP and 1065 kg.

For Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS '98, this car wasn't sold as MX-5, but as Roadster RS.

Yes, the cars have an necessary trims:

Mazda Eunos Roadster NA:

Mazda Eunos Roadster 1800 DOHC [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited II [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster Special Package [NA] '89
Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited [NA] '97
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II 1600cc [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination A [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination B [NA] '95

And there isn't MX-5 1800 RS in Europe. The MX-5 1800RS '00 is listed as 1800RS in GT6 and it is listed as 158 HP and 1070 when it actually has 146 HP and 1065 kg.

For Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS '98, this car wasn't sold as MX-5, but as Roadster RS.
I'm gonna start by adding all major trims in Ver. 1.00 then Ver 1.01 will remove the less necessary trims. Ver 1.02 will add some trims not included in GT6

I'm gonna start by adding all major trims in Ver. 1.00 then Ver 1.01 will remove the less necessary trims. Ver 1.02 will add some trims not included in GT6
Cool. I have searched the trims of MX-5 NA. I'll put them:

Mazda Eunos Roadster B2 Limited "Blue & Bright" [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster Black Special [NA] '92
Mazda Eunos Roadster G-Limited [NA] '94
Mazda Eunos Roadster Le Mans "Renown" Edition [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster R-Limited [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster R-Limited II [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster R2 Limited "Racy & Red" [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster RS-Limited [NA] '94
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Limited [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special II [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type II 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster Tokyo Limited [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Limited [NA] '92
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Black [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type I 1600cc [NA] '90
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type I 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination A [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination B [NA] '96
Mazda M2-1001 [NA] '92
Mazda M2-1002 [NA] '93
Mazda M2-1028 lightweight [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 C-Package [NA] '92
Mazda Miata MX-5 Limited Edition (25J. Mazda Canada) [NA] '93
Mazda Miata MX-5 Limited Edition Sunburst Yellow [NA] '92
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition I [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition II [NA] '95
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition III [NA] '96
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition IV [NA] '97
Mazda Miata MX-5 R-Package [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 Special Edition USA [NA] '91
Mazda Miata MX-5 Speedster Edition [NA] '97
Mazda Miata MX-5 STO Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 1600SP Bois et Cuir [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Art Vin [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Berkeley [NA] '98
Mazda MX-5 Bi-Color [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 BBR Turbo UK [NA] '91
Mazda MX-5 California Limited Edition [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Classic Australia [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Classic Deutschland [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Classic GB [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Classic Red [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Clubman [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Cosmo [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Dakar [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Geld Deutschland [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Gleneagles Special Edition [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Harvard [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 HE-Version [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 JVC Jazz Festival Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition Australia [NA] '90
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition Europe [NA] '91
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition New Zealand [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition II Australia [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 LTR Limited Edition [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 M Limited Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Malibu Gold [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 Merlot [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Monaco [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Monza [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Novamag Edition [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Red Pepper [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 SE 1600cc [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 SE 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Sports [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Sunracer [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 SV [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Swiss Package [NA] '94
Mazdaspeed MX-5 B-spec [NA] '97
Mazdaspeed MX-5 C-spec [NA] '98

Mazdaspeed MX-5 C-spec [NB] '98

Cool. I have searched the trims of MX-5 NA. I'll put them:

Mazda Eunos Roadster B2 Limited "Blue & Bright" [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster Black Special [NA] '92
Mazda Eunos Roadster G-Limited [NA] '94
Mazda Eunos Roadster Le Mans "Renown" Edition [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster R-Limited [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster R-Limited II [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster R2 Limited "Racy & Red" [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster RS-Limited [NA] '94
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Limited [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special II [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type II 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster Tokyo Limited [NA] '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Limited [NA] '92
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Black [NA] '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type I 1600cc [NA] '90
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type I 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination A [NA] '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited Combination B [NA] '96
Mazda M2-1001 [NA] '92
Mazda M2-1002 [NA] '93
Mazda M2-1028 lightweight [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 C-Package [NA] '92
Mazda Miata MX-5 Limited Edition (25J. Mazda Canada) [NA] '93
Mazda Miata MX-5 Limited Edition Sunburst Yellow [NA] '92
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition I [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition II [NA] '95
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition III [NA] '96
Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition IV [NA] '97
Mazda Miata MX-5 R-Package [NA] '94
Mazda Miata MX-5 Special Edition USA [NA] '91
Mazda Miata MX-5 Speedster Edition [NA] '97
Mazda Miata MX-5 STO Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 1600SP Bois et Cuir [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Art Vin [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Berkeley [NA] '98
Mazda MX-5 Bi-Color [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 BBR Turbo UK [NA] '91
Mazda MX-5 California Limited Edition [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Classic Australia [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Classic Deutschland [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Classic GB [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Classic Red [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Clubman [NA] '94
Mazda MX-5 Cosmo [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Dakar [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Geld Deutschland [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Gleneagles Special Edition [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Harvard [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 HE-Version [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 JVC Jazz Festival Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition Australia [NA] '90
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition Europe [NA] '91
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition New Zealand [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition II Australia [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 LTR Limited Edition [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 M Limited Edition [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Malibu Gold [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 Merlot [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Monaco [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Monza [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Novamag Edition [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 Red Pepper [NA] '96
Mazda MX-5 SE 1600cc [NA] '92
Mazda MX-5 SE 1800cc [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 Sports [NA] '93
Mazda MX-5 Sunracer [NA] '95
Mazda MX-5 SV [NA] '97
Mazda MX-5 Swiss Package [NA] '94
Mazdaspeed MX-5 B-spec [NA] '97
Mazdaspeed MX-5 C-spec [NA] '98

Mazdaspeed MX-5 C-spec [NB] '98
Oh god

Yeah I know... But trust me. These limited editions were produced for NA of MX-5, Eunos Roadster and Miata MX-5.

But in Japan, the Roadster NA wasn't produced under Mazda. It was sold as Eunos Roadster instead.
I'll just have them under MX-5, but it would be branded as Miata in US version and as Eunos Roadster in Asia. And as MX-5 in EU

Latest Posts

Back