amateur photo thread.

• Thread starter Conbon14
  • 1,831 comments
Getting ready for August 21st.

_DSC6869.JPG

Went to the PWC and it was very nice. Heres a select few of the 4GB of photos I took.
Also i plan on going to an IMSA race next year and want to know if it is pretty free roaming around the paddock or is it more closed of?

I can't speak for the rest, but Road America is pretty open (see above).

I just got back from Gridlife South at Road Atlanta and was able to shoot the track with media access for the first time... which makes a huuuuge difference there. Of my 3,200 shots, here are four I like the best so far.

IMG_4245_lzn.jpg

^This one resulted in some pain... right after this was taken, a rubber marble or something got kicked up by this 680-hp Corvette and beaned me right in the forehead. You can actually kinda see the projectiles coming my way already lol.

IMG_2337_crop.jpg

IMG_3120_lzn.jpg

IMG_4419_lzn.jpg

Ludacris was headlining the music scene there. Media was allowed up in the photographer's pit for a few songs. Shooting Luda (not like that) was one of the coolest things I've done.

Last edited:
I finally manned up and carried my tripod to night practice at Petit Le Mans so I could play with long exposure shots for the first time. I'm addicted now :lol:

Night Practice at Petit Le Mans by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

I love how these all turned out, except the last one. I tried my best to clean up my lens to avoid the reflections but I just couldn't get past those. A pro could probably clean it up, but I can't. Oh well.

@titleguy1 Holy crap, I was at the Toyota museum in 2013 and that FJ55 Land Cruiser in the back of the shop STILL isn't done. It was a shell when I saw it. :lol:

--

Been playing with my phone camera a bit more recently

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

The second one I've been wanting to take with my film camera for a while, just gotta borrow my friends tripod. Gotta swap some light bulbs around so the other letters are backlit too.

Not sure how blurry that's gonna look on a monitor either, but looks alright on my phone.

Recently picked up the Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro and can't wait to add it to my setup for getting the nitty gritty details on the cars at Slow Life tomorrow night.

I thought I'd get my eye in with it first with my usual experimental subjects, and I immediately loved using it, however as you will probably see in the first photo of my girlfriend's derpy cat in particular, I was a little off with my manual focus which was of course compounded by the fact that he never wants to sit still! Even coming from my 50mm f1.8D nailing that focus point is something that I need to get used to.

Felix the Dork-1.JPG
Felix the Dork-2.JPG
misc-1.JPG
misc-2.JPG

Back