amateur photo thread.

• Thread starter Conbon14
  • 1,822 comments
Some nice cars driving around downtown Montreal this weekend for the grand prix.
IMG_9569.jpg
IMG_9688.jpg
IMG_9702.jpg
IMG_9750.jpg
IMG_9877.jpg
IMG_9925.jpg
IMG_9955.jpg

There was a Singer Targa but i haven't been able to find it :indiff:

Honestly looks like it's out of a GMC Facebook post. Kind of?
eIMG_9986.JPG

Attachments

• eIMG_9901.JPG
    eIMG_9901.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
Overlooking Durrës, Albania.

Pogradec, looking at Lake Ohrid. Across the lake is Macedonia and to the right is Greece. Should've visited Lin, but we decided to go further down to Pogradec. Although Lake Prespa is a more direct view of the three countries.

This bike belongs to a man from Holland. Met him in Pogradec, Albania :D Didn't get a proper pic of the bike though :/

Is there a thread for film photographs? I've had this camera for a little while now and only just went and had a few rolls of film developed. Couple I liked

35440536583_6e6fa87013_o.jpg
36246446825_b3a303aebc_o.jpg
36204561816_a76aac3175_o.jpg
36111671691_1bba2cff78_o.jpg
36204557276_c4ba951243_o.jpg

Some of the film that came with the camera was super expired and this is what I ended up with.
36246461565_1e6d1c8bfc_o.jpg

Not that I know of, but there probably should be. I shot six rolls while at Concours a few weeks back...

Speaking of film, I'm reaaally thinking of getting a Nikon F4 :embarrassed:

They're really cheap on eBay, so why not?? Plus film isn't that expensive and nowadays all you need is a good scanner.

(We'll get back on topic soon, I'll upload some edits from my time at the Canadian Tire racetrack; just realised I never posted them)

Speaking of film, I'm reaaally thinking of getting a Nikon F4 :embarrassed:

They're really cheap on eBay, so why not?? Plus film isn't that expensive and nowadays all you need is a good scanner.
I've been wanting an F3 for some time but I just can't get myself to pull the trigger. I've already got $1,500 worth of 35mm cameras and lenses to sell, plus if I'm going to shoot film I go for medium format pretty much every time.

I'm slowly editing many, many pictures.

_DSC4663-19
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5159-59
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC6320-132
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC4997-104
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC4998-105
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC4984-100
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5044-126
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5046-128
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5059-133
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

^ I'm really proud of this one.

_DSC4188-2
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC4621-46
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5916-103
by Harry Dang, on Flickr​

@ProjectWHaT gorgeous shot on that Giulia!

I've been wanting an F3 for some time but I just can't get myself to pull the trigger. I've already got $1,500 worth of 35mm cameras and lenses to sell, plus if I'm going to shoot film I go for medium format pretty much every time.

DO IT! :P

You can keep most of the lenses, no? Just run an adapter and use most of them in manual. It's so satisfying nailing the focus manually :embarrassed:

(Of course you know this, I shouldn't be giving you tips/advice out of all people :lol: )

Last edited:
I haven't posted in a while, so here are some favorites of mine over the last few months. I've mostly been shooting race car stuff lately to work on my panning shots but I'll only include a few of the better ones ;)

Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Sunset by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

2017 Classic Motorsports Mitty by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 RSR by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

1956 Porsche 356A by Greg Kachadurian, on Flickr

Some great improvement on here.... 👍 & Some new posters... ;)

If someone wants tipps on shooting film, especially scanning film, I might be able to help.

Either by PM, or I start a thread....

I have scanned over 15000 negatives... done research for countless hours and process them, digitally, completely be "hand". No algorithm in play...

And am by no way done.... my family photo back log is huge.... :D (over 120 years)

So either ask for a separate thread, pm me, or ask a question. I still lurk around often ;)

Biggest points out of the way first:

A proper scanner for dedicated 35mm film will set you around 300-400 bucks (best bang/buck, there's cheaper and way more expensive)
Turn off all algorithm
Scan the negative as it is, with all dust, grain, scratches....
Use cotton gloves, anti static brush (alcohol if needed, rarely needed)
Get a copy of PS (elements should cover it)
Expect the scanner to die at some point (most are rated at around 8000s scans)

The results in IQ, DR are amazing (for film). Comparing them to printed versions of back then, the DR is 10fold. *mindblowin'*

Here a quick random pic comp.

Positive as it came from the store in 1993:
IMG_0017.jpg

Scanned at 3600dpi (now I do 4200dpi), both are comparable to modern dslr resolutions....
The scan here just got the colors inverted and slightly corrected...

image266 copy.jpg

+1 to those who saw the difference in the crop.... you get more when you scan yourself.... the auto. borders cut so much out....

Also...

Got a new camera, 80D upgrade from my 600D... what a step up!!! (for me, not for canon,... boooo canon :D) In both DR and high ISO...having grain in high iso compared to chroma :drool:
Was eyeing the 6Dii, but that price and the previews and reviews of DR at low ISO 👎

Shot with the 80D.... my new male goat... the horns of the devil:

2017_08_30_0173-1.jpg

And 80% crop from the 24mp 80D

2017_08_30_0179-1.jpg

Can't complain about my choice 80D.vs.6Dii. Both pics were underexposed by one stop at iso 100-250 to see the DR improvements on the new gen. sensors from canon. Can't say I'm disappointed. (6Dii doesn't use that tech. still uses old sensorn processing from canon, why it's not as good at low iso DR (but sure has a nice high iso range), but for me not worth double price of the 80D)

Last edited:
Back