American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,730 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys965
Don't worry guys I'm coming I'm gonna take a quick shower :)

Starting soon...
 
Reckon you guys can wait 12 hours? :dopey:
 
Sorry I had to go but does it really matter when I was 2 laps down and counting also Id appreciate it if the races actually started at 8:30 EDIT is the race still going?
 
Last edited:
Sorry I had to go but does it really matter when I was 2 laps down and counting also Id appreciate it if the races actually started at 8:30 EDIT is the race still going?

Race just ended.
 
Unofficial Results:
No LMP

GT-
1)Blaze_409/Ford GT
2)hon1987/McLaren MP4-12C
3)GTP_Potatochip/Dodge Viper
4)tissimo/Aston Martin DB9
5) gogatrs/RUF RGT
6)gtamann123/Ferrari 458 Italia
7)mockingbird00000/Ferrari 458 Italia
8)Cowboys965/Corvette Z06
9)magzire22/Ferrari 458 Italia (DNF)
10)freshseth83/Aston Martin DB9 (DNF)
11)spartyfan95/Aston Martin DB9 (DNF)
 
Gatrs are you still doing the racing schoo?
 
Just wondering because well I'm not the best driver ever
 
A few civil requests from your local caboose:

1.) Can we please stick to the qualifying times from Thursday night? Doesn't seem fair to those of us that take the time out of their day to qualify and then arbitrarily they get a random placement in the race. I wasn't even the spot I got in the redo of qualifying (which was 6th overall I think). I started 8th. I originally qualified fourth in GT. I'm not going to argue about it it is afterall just a game, and I know tire loss was off but still that wasn't any of our faults. Like I said, just a game, but for the game to be fun for me I need every advantage I get to compete. If I qualify fourth I have to fight tooth and nail not to slip back let alone to gain positions on some of the top racers in GT5 that are in this series.

The only good thing I can say about that start is that I went up a place from where I started, but only because of DNFs. Which brings me to point #2...

Which is, can we start a little closer to 8:30 next week? I think it would reduce DNFs from it getting too late. And isn't that the point of Thursday qualy?

Not picking a fight with anyone I actually had a great time racing Cowboys and gtamann at the rear, even made it up to 6th for about a split second before too late of a braking :).

I dunno maybe I'm alone on this. What you guys think?
 
Just wondering because well I'm not the best driver ever

Don't worry. You'll get used to the wheel, even though I don't have one.
 
lol gatrs was the room host and he kinda left so we had no choice but to wait. but.....

The qualy mess up really got ugly when that guy in the C63 AMG decided to make a cameo in our race and no one detected him until the last second....

Then the start was trouble considering before the flag even went green the leader was in the gravel traps at parabolica.....


It was honestly just a bunch of unavoidable circumstances.Gatrs went to eat dinner.The C63 AMG guest appearance.And the wild start....And then we had no LMP cars.....I think that was the anomaly....(randoms,no lmp, qualy mix up).

The random qualy order wasn't intentional..I just wanted to avoid chaos of people josseling for positions on the pace lap.

i doubt it will happen again..
 
It was a pleasure racing with you all. Very hard to keep up. I DNF on the last lap cause im not part of this league and i have to admit i cut the track a few times. Just though it be fair to drop my position for the people taking part in this.:)
 
But we should iron out the qualy thing though....The problem was not that many people showed up on thursday......Then i kinda just threw out a suggestion before the race to have a 10min qualy to try to Make everyone happy....It worked until the C63 AMg showed up.....
 
lol gatrs was the room host and he kinda left so we had no choice but to wait. but.....

The qualy mess up really got ugly when that guy in the C63 AMG decided to make a cameo in our race and no one detected him until the last second....

Then the start was trouble considering before the flag even went green the leader was in the gravel traps at parabolica.....


It was honestly just a bunch of unavoidable circumstances.Gatrs went to eat dinner.The C63 AMG guest appearance.And the wild start....And then we had no LMP cars.....I think that was the anomaly....(randoms,no lmp, qualy mix up).

The random qualy order wasn't intentional..I just wanted to avoid chaos of people josseling for positions on the pace lap.

i doubt it will happen again..

Fair enough. I was overreacting a bit considering it's all for fun and I actually had a really great time racing tonight. Ya I saw the random in the race wtf lol. Funny stuff.

I hope gatrs has fun tomorrow. I'll have fun watching from tv!

Although it seems like ALMS is really light on prototypes and even a chunk of the GT field.
 
But we should iron out the qualy thing though....The problem was not that many people showed up on thursday......Then i kinda just threw out a suggestion before the race to have a 10min qualy to try to Make everyone happy....It worked until the C63 AMg showed up.....

Ya it's all good man I think it's impossible for the group of us to get things off without a hitch :p

Pace lap incidents, turn 1 incidents, qualifying, etc. etc.

It's all part of the fun :)
 
AAaah.. Gatrs is going to Lime Rock!!

Root for those BMW's for me!!!
 
See I didn't have a problem with you up until you said that:sly:

Naw I do think the beamers have this one in the bag though. Possibly vette will give them some trouble but Ferrari is a bit off pace.

I missed qualifying but from the final live timing it looks like they're behind.
 
Why wasnt the qualy order kept? Who cares if people organised themselves into that order on the pace lap? Just seems a bit stupid if you ask me...
 
Why wasnt the qualy order kept? Who cares if people organised themselves into that order on the pace lap? Just seems a bit stupid if you ask me...

It was a really odd night. Everyone kept leaving and coming back from whtever they were doing for like an hour and then everyone decided to race GTE, so we redid qualifying. Then that random dude just wandering in...with a non-ALMS car for christ's sake. Just an odd night. I could've done worse considering.
 
Why wasnt the qualy order kept? Who cares if people organised themselves into that order on the pace lap? Just seems a bit stupid if you ask me...

No one organised themselves into ANY order on the PACE LAP.......to avoid confusion we all decided to just start the race where it placed us on the GRid...because in our previous attempt to start the race a random runied it and we all had to back out and no one could remeber their start positions.....

How about you show up first before you call everything stupid...
 
With that considered the original GT order should have been kept and the others tacked on the end...but hey apparently Im a bully and draconian so what does my opinion matter?...
 
blaze Im just asking why waste the time spent by those who made the effort to show up for the quali sesh. And oh god here we go?...
 
blaze Im just asking why waste the time spent by those who made the effort to show up for the quali sesh. And oh god here we go?...

considering that more than half the grid we had didn't show up to the qualy on thursday. What should decide where 8 different cars who didn;t qualify line up on the grid...see what im saying.... pretend you didn't qualify Mitch.....if 8 people didn't qualify how is it fair that you have to start last of the 8 people that did't qualify.....it isnt......so i suggested that everyone earn their qualy spots in a quick ten minute session before the race....

Its not like only 2 people didnt qualify........Majority of the grid didn;t qualify.....this wasn't any normal circumstances.....(and its not randoms) it was people who signed up that didnt qualify....


It seems like not alot of people can make thursday qualy?should we have it on firday? any suggestions? or keep it the way it is?
 
For one I dont think points should be given for this round considering the farce it was. Secondly, imo those that didnt show up Thursday could get a 10 min qualy before the race and then that lot starts behind those that qualied Thursday. Thirdly, blaze you didnt answer my question so heres another, what is your problem with me?
 
Hold up. I actually agree that we shouldn't get points. For one LMP drivers would be stealing points from GT drivers and it would really screw up the system. No need for everyone to get personal but we have been slipping on a number of rules. If people can't make Thursday qualifying I'm all for qualifying before the race. However, it already takes a tremendous amount of time to get going, so just so everyone knows before they have to drop out when it reaches the witching hour.

But as far as I understand we're supposed to be in one car the whole season, and no more than 2 drivers per car. There are like 10 458s on the track now. And I'm all willing to give up my 458 for someone who wants to trade, but I don't understand how we can accurately score this season with the mess of car changing, class changing, etc. If you all want to say screw it and do it for fun that's fine by me, but if we're going to use a point system we should make it accurate and fair.

And btw I'll drive anything on the list for this series. I don't see what's the clamber for one kind of car.
 
I hate to abandon Jav but if there are so many 458s on the field I might switch (if ok by gogatrs) to promote diversity.

Would even try the XKR if it weren't so fatted up. Remember Wave Race 64? I always picked the oversteering Canadian dude, never the fat American guy who was fastest but turned like a semi.
 
Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
I hate to abandon Jav but if there are so many 458s on the field I might switch (if ok by gogatrs) to promote diversity.

Would even try the XKR if it weren't so fatted up. Remember Wave Race 64? I always picked the oversteering Canadian dude, never the fat American guy who was fastest but turned like a semi.

Are you calling my Mclaren the fat guy?!? :lol: It's actually an apt description! I loved that game back in the day! I used to pick the Japanese guy! The game cube version was awesome as well! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back