American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,729 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm opening a room now.
I see that Indy is on now. (remember? From the good ole days?)
Maybe I can drag him into qualy tonight... ;)

Crazy stuff with the Shelby Cobra. I did not expect that! I was just stopping by to see what was going on. I am not a big fan of the stock cars and would rather run race car. Where are the LMP's ?
 
Hold up. I actually agree that we shouldn't get points. For one LMP drivers would be stealing points from GT drivers and it would really screw up the system. No need for everyone to get personal but we have been slipping on a number of rules. If people can't make Thursday qualifying I'm all for qualifying before the race. However, it already takes a tremendous amount of time to get going, so just so everyone knows before they have to drop out when it reaches the witching hour.

But as far as I understand we're supposed to be in one car the whole season, and no more than 2 drivers per car. There are like 10 458s on the track now. And I'm all willing to give up my 458 for someone who wants to trade, but I don't understand how we can accurately score this season with the mess of car changing, class changing, etc. If you all want to say screw it and do it for fun that's fine by me, but if we're going to use a point system we should make it accurate and fair.

And btw I'll drive anything on the list for this series. I don't see what's the clamber for one kind of car.

You, sir, present a number of good points. 👍

I'd be fine with no points for this race as well. We could call it a fluke, make a couple of revisions, and try for a more structured approach to next week's race.
 
I say fluke but also I just about need these races to start on time
 
I missed last round at the nurburgring (nurburgring)....thats particularly annoying that i can't make up ground in the points standing with the win I got last night at Monza.....but if you guys really wanna scrap everything...i suppose i would be fine with that.
 
Last edited:
I have an idea open the room at 7:00 so the races actually start at 8:30
 
I missed last round at the nurburgring (nurburgring)....thats particularly annoying that i can't make up ground in the points standing with the win I got last night at Monza.....but if you guys really wanna scrap everything...i suppose i would be fine with that.

Well maybe we could just score LMP guys amongst their own class even though they decided to race GT. That way Blaze you can still have your win and we can all have our points. That sounds the most fair to me. We'll see what gatrs thinks when he gets back.
 
I'm switching to GT if there only going to be 1 or 2 other lmps to race, its to boring to drive around GT cars for an hour...
 
Yes I understand what you're saying tiss but how would you divvy up points in this situation? To me it's like if Tom Kristensen hopped in a BMW mid season and took a 1st place win from Joey Hand, then next race hopped back in the R18. Wouldn't that totally screw Hand's season scoring? I don't care at all that we were all GTE last race but my concern was more how to fairly score.

If it's going to be that complicated then let's just forget it and let gatrs sort it out. He allowed the GT only race afterall, so it's kinda his responsibility to figure it out :D

I'd rather get back to the fun part which is the racing.
 
You got lucky Mock I had fuel issues :P
 
You got lucky Mock I had fuel issues :P

Like to prove that next race? :sly:

I had really bad pit strategy. My 20 lap stints and early final pit left me unable to catch back up to gtamann. I got within visual distance of him on the final lap. Seems like most other people only did 2 pit stops and probably got fueled up on the second one. I shouldn't have focused so much on doing longer stints with shorter pits and more on doing fewer pits.
 
You, sir, present a number of good points. 👍

I'd be fine with no points for this race as well. We could call it a fluke, make a couple of revisions, and try for a more structured approach to next week's race.

quali before the race is the best aproach since all the time we lose is gridding up and trying to get going, I say just quali before the race and go!
 
You got lucky Mock I had fuel issues :P

I had problems with my fuel, too. I almost ran out at laps 30-40, so I pitted and refueled only 25 liters (I had 58 liters of fuel used), to conserve time. At the last few laps, I only had less than 25% of fuel left.

I need to work on my pit strategies/stints more :P

@ Mock

You were only about 7 seconds behind me, according to the results at the end of the race :O
 
How were your tires? I had a fairly fresh set by the end. More than half, certainly.
 
How were your tires? I had a fairly fresh set by the end. More than half, certainly.

I think my tires were around 10% worn off. The 458 had a lot understeer around the middle of Parabolica. I spun out when I accelerated too much at laps 20-30 or 10-20, I think.
 
Ya I had to hammer the suspension into dust to get the 458 to have a steering pattern I'm comfortable with. I was passing people in that section because I could take it at a much higher speed.
 
Tower Turn 13
Like to prove that next race? :sly:

I had really bad pit strategy. My 20 lap stints and early final pit left me unable to catch back up to gtamann. I got within visual distance of him on the final lap. Seems like most other people only did 2 pit stops and probably got fueled up on the second one. I shouldn't have focused so much on doing longer stints with shorter pits and more on doing fewer pits.

I didn't put enough gas in at the end and you passed me when I pit to get a splash of fuel, and then that splash of fuel ran out after 3 laps :P
 
I'm trying to watch the ALMS race at Lime Rock but it's still loading
 
I love how the GT and GTC cars are keeping up with the LMPs lol :D
 
elitedriver123
I don't like the ads :grumpy:

If Mitch is watching he probably wasn't very happy :P but I wasn't either
 
Was rooting for AMR and Flying Lizard, thought they had a shot with that full course yellow but oh well.

Really sad that Jaime Melo's Ferrari had trouble. It was one of the few respectable ones on the track. I don't like the Patron drivers they cause too many incidents.
 
Was rooting for AMR and Flying Lizard, thought they had a shot with that full course yellow but oh well.

Really sad that Jaime Melo's Ferrari had trouble. It was one of the few respectable ones on the track. I don't like the Patron drivers they cause too many incidents.

The Patron ESM ferraris are beautiful drop dead gorgeous....the drivers not so much......
 
Like Jav said....Lets Scrap Thursday Qualifying.........qullay is a 10-20 min sessio nright before the race.
 
Ya that makes sense. What about the support races do you guys want to do that Friday also before qualifying?

BTW go get a Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 for the Suzuka race. It's a standard but most people have one or I think you win it from the Mini race in a-spec? Don't remember honestly. They shouldn't be super hard to get ahold of though.

Please don't make me change this one it's the one I've most looked forward to :)

You could probably get someone to give one away in the trading thread if you need to. They're slow and probably not as loved by everyone as they are by me :)
 
Not near a computer so I cant watch :( Im liking the quali before race deal but we'll see. Grid position wont matter too much to me anyway when I can win thru strategy :sly:
 
MitchZ06
Not near a computer so I cant watch :( Im liking the quali before race deal but we'll see. Grid position wont matter too much to me anyway when I can win thru strategy :sly:

The Patron Ferrari spun out, and one BMW and both Corvettes got caught up in it and had to go into the pits for repairs
 
Those ESM F458s really dont like vettes...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back