American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,729 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically it was Ed Brown in the LMPC car that caused the wreck........he dive bombed the ESM Ferrari....the ESM car spun and was rolling backwards on the track....the BMW braked hard and the Corvette ended up rear ending the BMW and launching it into the ESM ferrari in the carnage the second vette piled up.....Don't think the corvette hit the ESM car.
 
Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
A few civil requests from your local caboose:

1.) Can we please stick to the qualifying times from Thursday night? Doesn't seem fair to those of us that take the time out of their day to qualify and then arbitrarily they get a random placement in the race. I wasn't even the spot I got in the redo of qualifying (which was 6th overall I think). I started 8th. I originally qualified fourth in GT. I'm not going to argue about it it is afterall just a game, and I know tire loss was off but still that wasn't any of our faults. Like I said, just a game, but for the game to be fun for me I need every advantage I get to compete. If I qualify fourth I have to fight tooth and nail not to slip back let alone to gain positions on some of the top racers in GT5 that are in this series.

The only good thing I can say about that start is that I went up a place from where I started, but only because of DNFs. Which brings me to point #2...

Which is, can we start a little closer to 8:30 next week? I think it would reduce DNFs from it getting too late. And isn't that the point of Thursday qualy?

Not picking a fight with anyone I actually had a great time racing Cowboys and gtamann at the rear, even made it up to 6th for about a split second before too late of a braking :).

I dunno maybe I'm alone on this. What you guys think?

All very good points.
But the thing is, we just did that random order mostly because myself, and a few others were all ready to start.
The reason we did what brought up point number one is because of point number two. It was what? 9:30? We were all ready to start.
I apologize, for that, but I would have had to pull a Jav, and I wouldn't have come back. ;)

Guys, it's gonna take awhile and multiple posts until I can answer everyone.
If I miss you, just bring it up again.
 
gogatrs
All very good points.
But the thing is, we just did that random order mostly because myself, and a few others were all ready to start.
The reason we did what brought up point number one is because of point number two. It was what? 9:30? We were all ready to start.
I apologize, for that, but I would have had to pull a Jav, and I wouldn't have come back. ;)

Guys, it's gonna take awhile and multiple posts until I can answer everyone.
If I miss you, just bring it up again.

What happened to the Classic Le Mans race? And I'm guessing you had a good time Gatrs I was watching it on ESPN3.com
 
What happened to the Classic Le Mans race? And I'm guessing you had a good time Gatrs I was watching it on ESPN3.com

I was able to watch half of the race, but I had to go when an hour and 45 minutes passed. But it was a very good race, even though its my second time watching one (watched 12 Hrs of Sebring via ESPN3, but I couldn't last that long :P).
 
Was rooting for AMR and Flying Lizard, thought they had a shot with that full course yellow but oh well.

Really sad that Jaime Melo's Ferrari had trouble. It was one of the few respectable ones on the track. I don't like the Patron drivers they cause too many incidents.

Then why do you paint your car like their's? :P

What happened to the Classic Le Mans race? And I'm guessing you had a good time Gatrs I was watching it on ESPN3.com

I was in Lime Rock. ;)

You guys need to give me a full recap of the race.
At the podium: "And in 3rd place for GT, their best finish ever, Team Falken Tire! *David Murray begins arguing* Ahhh, I see, due to penalties, in 3rd place, we have Robertson Racing!" What a heartbreaker. What was their penalty for?

And what happened to the Lizard at the end? He was taking chunks out of the BMW at the very end with 15 minutes to go. I counted him to be 6 seconds back, then all of a sudden he's 20 seconds down? Did he spin? No way the BMW made up 14 seconds in one lap?

And damn that Muscle Milk car was quick. Especially with a Porsche Factory driver behind the wheel. ;) How did it not win? I saw it spin once. I absolutely despise Dyson for some reason. :grumpy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
gogatrs
I was in Lime Rock. ;)

You guys need to give me a full recap of the race.
At the podium: "And in 3rd place for GT, their best finish ever, Team Falken Tire! *David Murray begins arguing* Ahhh, I see, due to penalties, in 3rd place, we have Robertson Racing!" What a heartbreaker. What was their penalty for?

And what happened to the Lizard at the end? He was taking chunks out of the BMW at the very end with 15 minutes to go. I counted him to be 6 seconds back, then all of a sudden he's 20 seconds down? Did he spin? No way the BMW made up 14 seconds in one lap?

And damn that Muscle Milk car was quick. Especially with a Porsche Factory driver behind the wheel. ;) How did it not win? I saw it spin once. I absolutely despise Dyson for some reason. :grumpy:

I watched the whole race on ESPN3.com
 
I was in Lime Rock. ;)

You guys need to give me a full recap of the race.
At the podium: "And in 3rd place for GT, their best finish ever, Team Falken Tire! *David Murray begins arguing* Ahhh, I see, due to penalties, in 3rd place, we have Robertson Racing!" What a heartbreaker. What was their penalty for?

And what happened to the Lizard at the end? He was taking chunks out of the BMW at the very end with 15 minutes to go. I counted him to be 6 seconds back, then all of a sudden he's 20 seconds down? Did he spin? No way the BMW made up 14 seconds in one lap?

And damn that Muscle Milk car was quick. Especially with a Porsche Factory driver behind the wheel. ;) How did it not win? I saw it spin once. I absolutely despise Dyson for some reason. :grumpy:

Team Falken Tire and Wolf Henzler got a 90 sec penalty for contact with the GTC leader...despite what everyone thinks.....the penalty wasnt because of the contact between Henzler and the Lazzaro Ford GT.


The lizard Porsche had a puncture and pitted for a new rear tire.
 
Team Falken Tire and Wolf Henzler got a 90 sec penalty for contact with the GTC leader...despite what everyone thinks.....the penalty wasnt because of the contact between Henzler and the Lazzaro Ford GT.


The lizard Porsche had a puncture and pitted for a new rear tire.

He was catching the bimmer too. :(
Could have been a VERY good finish...

As for points, we'll score it as if there were two classes as usual.
The LMP guys will get their points, and the GT guys will get their points.
Randomish people (Magz for example) will be left in GT.

I guess that we can do qualy before the race on Friday.
Room will open at 8:15, there will be no formal qualifying, so do your laps when you get in.
If you exit the track, the game will remember your time...
Race will start around 9.
 
Then why do you paint your car like their's? :P

Pretty colors? Seriously their paint jobs make me happy. And yeah I don't think they cause every wreck they're in but they sure are in quite a few with contact. Also if you remember Long Beach they pulled out of the pits right into the path of (I think) the BMWs who were moving much faster.

And what was with #55 blocking Flying Lizards driver? Why didn't their duct-taped a$$es get a penalty for blocking in a blue flag situation? They were NOT on pace. Pretty ungentlemanly in my opinion.

I really think Melo had a chance to pull into 2nd at the very least with the pace he was pulling before the engine issues. But Melo always has a chance (before his car ruins it). Anyway I'm proud of the porsche teams who pulled off 2 and 3 (even tho it was taken away apparently?) and even the TP guy who had a good battle with the Ford GT driver. All four classes had tremendously tight battles (just look at GTC), and it really was impossible to give attention to all of them at once.

Team Falken Tire and Wolf Henzler got a 90 sec penalty for contact with the GTC leader...despite what everyone thinks.....the penalty wasnt because of the contact between Henzler and the Lazzaro Ford GT.


The lizard Porsche had a puncture and pitted for a new rear tire.

Forget my questions. This answers it lol.
 
For points, we'll score it as if there were two classes as usual.
The LMP guys will get their points, and the GT guys will get their points.
Randomish people (Magz for example) will be left in GT.

I guess that we can do qualy before the race on Friday.
Room will open at 8:15, there will be no formal qualifying, so do your laps when you get in.
If you exit the track, the game will remember your time...
Race will start around 9.
 
Perhaps starting the race a bit earlier
 
I like that gatrs, makes sense. However I still think no points should be given as it was such a mess of a round...
 
And what was with #55 blocking Flying Lizards driver? Why didn't their duct-taped a$$es get a penalty for blocking in a blue flag situation? They were NOT on pace. Pretty ungentlemanly in my opinion.
Forget my questions. This answers it lol.


A little pay back if you ask me......Last years laguna seca the positions were reversed....Joey hand chasing down Pat long in the 45 flying lizard at the end of the race........The 44 car(team car to the 45 car).....intentionally held up the Chasing BMW of Joey Hand...
 
Well there's an entire page of pissing match posts no one has to read now. :rolleyes:

If you want to fight, I strongly suggest you don't.

If you insist on fighting, be warned that you may be forcibly removed from GTPlanet.

Discuss the topic at hand and leave the personal attacks at the door.
 
So whos watching the Spa 24Hr?
 
TB
Well there's an entire page of pissing match posts no one has to read now. :rolleyes:

If you want to fight, I strongly suggest you don't.

If you insist on fighting, be warned that you may be forcibly removed from GTPlanet.

Discuss the topic at hand and leave the personal attacks at the door.

Okay...I'm a bit confused. I'm guessing you didn't remove the usual pissing matches we regularly have here because what I thought you removed is still there lol :sly:

What the heck HAPPENED in the past day that a mod had to come in and remove everything? Are mom and dad splitting up?

Usually we're capable of clearing up disputes ourselves but this one must have been really bad I guess?
 
A little pay back if you ask me......Last years laguna seca the positions were reversed....Joey hand chasing down Pat long in the 45 flying lizard at the end of the race........The 44 car(team car to the 45 car).....intentionally held up the Chasing BMW of Joey Hand...

Makes sense. Admittedly this is the first year I'm really following Le Mans closely so I didn't know there was a backstory :dopey:

@Mitch yeah I'll watch it if there's a feed but before that is mosport :)
 
Last edited:
That the slower car intentionally slowing the other competitors happens a lot.
I knew it would happen the minute I saw the lizard coming up on the other BMW.
Ha that not happened/no tire puncture, that race could have had a very different result.
 
You could always do better.

Keke, that'll keep you busy for years.

:dopey:

I know I can at least get a 2:04 or 2:03 because I had gained about a second and a half before screwing up. I don't know how much better I can do than that without being wreckless though.
 
GT1TV will apparently be broadcasting the full 24 hours so it should be easy to watch it all. And Suzuka lap times...I think Im close to 2 mins dead.
 
MitchZ06
GT1TV will apparently be broadcasting the full 24 hours so it should be easy to watch it all. And Suzuka lap times...I think Im close to 2 mins dead.

But in cases of reliability,
:dopey:
Tire puncture from a pile of rust debris on the track
 
There's got to be no way you can do 2 minute lap times consistently without flying off the track and wearing the crap out of your tires or cutting that last chicane. Granted I've done about 3 or 4 laps total with the Ferrari on this track, but still...that's a little nuts.

I mean I'm impressed, that seems pretty fast to me. Don't know where I would make up 2 or 3 seconds.
 
Did a couple of laps after I just got home from the 4 day trip...holy cow I'm rusty but I did manage a 2:03 :dopey:
 
Man I love Suzuka bit will be out of town this weekend... :(
 
Whats up guys? Long time no see. You think I can show up as a Random this weekend? Would prolly like to run with the Vette. I know she can pull 2 min flat on Suzuka. :)

Been a little rusty tho. My sisters boyfriend wanted to give me his DFP wheel so I've been practicing with that. That thing is actually a nightmare on the straights.
 
Guys if it's okay I'd like to switch the Mini race to Fiat 500 F '68s because they're premium and you don't have to fish for them. Same as usual, stock with stock tires but you can oil change wash and paint.

Also would you guys rather do the race Friday or keep it Thursday?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back