American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,729 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a replay of the Monza race guys? I did ok for a first timer! Aston Martin was strong around there even with a minimal tune. I believe I was 4th till I had to leave. I don't know who I was racing against in one of the many 458's, but we had a good battle for a few laps. I got loose on the 1st (2nd) lap and got hit from behind. Sorry for that. I was still learning the Aston Martin. Took me from 3rd to last, but it was fun.
 
Is there a replay of the Monza race guys? I did ok for a first timer! Aston Martin was strong around there even with a minimal tune. I believe I was 4th till I had to leave. I don't know who I was racing against in one of the many 458's, but we had a good battle for a few laps. I got loose on the 1st (2nd) lap and got hit from behind. Sorry for that. I was still learning the Aston Martin. Took me from 3rd to last, but it was fun.

I doubt anyone has a replay, unless someone has a capture card. But all in all, It was a good race. Was a hoot competing against Mocking and Cowboys :P
 
elitedriver123
I doubt anyone has a replay, unless someone has a capture card. But all in all, It was a good race. Was a hoot competing against Mocking and Cowboys :P

Did you get messed up at the beginning with the first turn which sent you back with us? Sorry
 
Did you get messed up at the beginning with the first turn which sent you back with us? Sorry

I forgot :P But I think I early-braked at around the 1st or 2nd chicane and you smashed into me, sending me into the sand. And no need for apologies. It was fun either way :)
 
Alright, best so far is a 2:01 and I know theres more in it....
 
MitchZ06
Alright, best so far is a 2:01 and I know theres more in it....

I hit a 2:02.8 pretty easily, can probably get down to 2 flat with a bit more tuning and a couple more laps...
 
If I backed the rear downforce out a bit I could possibly get more speed down the straights but I'm happy with it as is.
 
MitchZ06
If I backed the rear downforce out a bit I could possibly get more speed down the straights but I'm happy with it as is.

I actually don't think it gives you that much more speed down the straights in GT5. Like 2-3 kph at the most.
Similar to the tire compounds...
 
Yeah thats why I'm going to leave it.
 
I know this is a bit off-topic, but how do you make the pedals stay at one spot on tile floor? My entire house is floored with tile, and I'm not sure how to make it stay when I get a wheel.
 
elitedriver123
I know this is a bit off-topic, but how do you make the pedals stay at one spot on tile floor? My entire house is floored with tile, and I'm not sure how to make it stay when I get a wheel.

The DFGT pedals stay in place perfectly on my wood floor...
 
You could use some sticky felt to hold them in place if needed also, too?
 
Thanks, guys. I guess I'll see If I can find some sticky felt.
That's all I need for now. All I need to figure out is where to put the actual wheel, as I don't have a proper desk to clamp it on..
 
elitedriver123
Thanks, guys. I guess I'll see If I can find some sticky felt.
That's all I need for now. All I need to figure out is where to put the actual wheel, as I don't have a proper desk to clamp it on..

The pedals have rubber pads on the bottom also I'm using a wheelstand pro to hold my wheel
 
Do they have holders that come with the wheel so you can put it in your lap? My PS2 wheel has them
 
The pedals have rubber pads on the bottom also I'm using a wheelstand pro to hold my wheel

I'm not getting the Wheelstand, as it's twice as much as the DFGT. Also, is this a good price? A $50 price cut sounds very good.
 
I'm not getting the Wheelstand, as it's twice as much as the DFGT. Also, is this a good price? A $50 price cut sounds very good.

Yes, I'd buy that.
 
Yes, I'd buy that.

Cool. One more question: Can you adjust the 900-degree rotation to something lower, like 180 or 360? A lot of people said you can't, and this could be a bit of a problem on some race cars..
 
Good deal on the DFGT!

I built my own cockpit cause I thought It'd be cheap, ended up spending $150, lol.

DSC_6319-1.jpg


Only car I felt the 900* is too much is the X1.. F1 cars isn't bad with 900*
 
^^

That looks awesome, bro! 👍 Another question, lol: Can you change the shifter's location on the DFGT? I'm a lefty, so I'll probably see a small problem with the configuration.
 
^^

That looks awesome, bro! 👍 Another question, lol: Can you change the shifter's location on the DFGT? I'm a lefty, so I'll probably see a small problem with the configuration.

I could be wrong but I think the sequential shift is attached to the right on that wheel.

Tiss how much for that wheely table deal?
 
elitedriver123
I'm not getting the Wheelstand, as it's twice as much as the DFGT. Also, is this a good price? A $50 price cut sounds very good.

That's how I got mine $50 off. i got the wheelstand because the table I was using was terrible and dragging the table around the room was :yuck: every time somebody else wanted to use the tv btw the wheel stand pro is $150 not$300
 
I could be wrong but I think the sequential shift is attached to the right on that wheel.

Tiss how much for that wheely table deal?

I made it my self. Cost me $150 to make :( lol
 
I wish i had more horsepower gatrs ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back