American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,725 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that track list is correct, thus my asking....
 
^
So this is the by class order?

What about DNFs? I think the harry potter guy DNFd, mitch DNSd (or DNF, not sure) and I feel like one other person peaced out mid-race. Oh yeah it was gtpmann or whoever was driving the gt-one.

Also gatrs are you OK with having 3 458s? Do you want me to switch and team up with mitch or something?

Unofficial Results:

LMP
1)hon1987/Peugeot 908
2)parabulla/Bentley Speed 8
3)Harry Potter/Nimbus 2000-DNF
4)gtamann/Toyota GT-ONE-Pepto Bismol


GT
1)Blaze_409/Ford GT
2)magzire22/Ferrari 458 Italia
3)Jav122678/Ferrari 458 Italia
4)gogatrs/RUF RGT
5)THAT_GUY_2/RUF RGT
6)mockingbird00000/Ferrari 458 Italia
7)cowboys965/Corvette Z06
8)Rich77/BMW M3

Fixed!!:dopey:
 
I just want to put it out there, tell me what you all think.

I really enjoy racing with this group, and all the fun banter we have in the forums. What would you all think of a proposed get together at the USGP next year? Who all is planning on going?
 
parabulla
I just want to put it out there, tell me what you all think.

I really enjoy racing with this group, and all the fun banter we have in the forums. What would you all think of a proposed get together at the USGP next year? Who all is planning on going?

...what's the USGP? :dopey:

Edit- do you mean the US Grand Prix in TX next year? Im probably not going but F1 in 'Merica is gonna be wicked!
 
I just want to put it out there, tell me what you all think.

I really enjoy racing with this group, and all the fun banter we have in the forums. What would you all think of a proposed get together at the USGP next year? Who all is planning on going?

I'm definitely down for it!!
 
Oh and Mitch I found something that might interest you ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211480 <--"Proper gears for McLaren F1"
"I was dissappointed to find that PD had got the gear ratios for this car soooo wrong so i set out to replicate the real gears of a standard road version of the iconic F1. The results are as follows:"
 
gatrs your redneck car question thread is now asked and answered. /thread :p

I guess it got closed anyway. Your offensive terminology upset big brother gatrs...
 
Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
gatrs your redneck car question thread is now asked and answered. /thread :p

I guess it got closed anyway. Your offensive terminology upset big brother gatrs...

lol, that thread was dead for a while.
Survived for a relatively long time. haha
 
What's that two of your threads have been closed in the past couple weeks I'd watch out gatrs :scared: oh I edited my signature
 
Just watching the replay ... Parabulla, I didn't lag in to you on lap 18 did I? It didn't show contact on my screen, but some of the cars are lagging on the replay.
 
rocko100
What's that two of your threads have been closed in the past couple weeks I'd watch out gatrs :scared: oh I edited my signature

lol @your sig
 
Just watching the replay ... Parabulla, I didn't lag in to you on lap 18 did I? It didn't show contact on my screen, but some of the cars are lagging on the replay.

I couldn't tell if you made contact, but you did lag coming into the first turn, pretty sure that was lap 18. I stretched my stint too long and my tires turned into shuffleboard pucks as you started catching me.
 
I couldn't tell if you made contact, but you did lag coming into the first turn, pretty sure that was lap 18. I stretched my stint too long and my tires turned into shuffleboard pucks as you started catching me.

Yeah, I wondered why you didn't pit right away. I think you might have had the pace to beat me if you went toe to toe!

Sorry about the connection, will try and sort it for next time we race.
 
Yeah, I wondered why you didn't pit right away. I think you might have had the pace to beat me if you went toe to toe!

Sorry about the connection, will try and sort it for next time we race.

As long as I wasn't ploughing through the dasies, our split times stayed put. Lost too much time being patient behind the other Peugeot, and of course the above mentioned stupidity. It would have been a close battle for sure, congrats on the win.
 
I'm out of the series.

Can't believe I missed this! Damn I wanted to race my rustbucket against his superior speed! :dopey:

And gatrs I really wouldn't mind knowing what the next track is...
 
Last edited:
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 Without Chicanes is next.
 
Ah...well best on that track so far is a 3:41. Gonna be slipstream fest fo sho.
 
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 Without Chicanes is next.

Without Chicanes? I guess I have to worry a bit more on drafting, tuning the transmission, and the most effective top speed, torque, and acceleration obtainable on the straights.
 
I'm getting about 322km/h down the straight :dopey:
 
parabulla
As long as I wasn't ploughing through the dasies, our split times stayed put. Lost too much time being patient behind the other Peugeot, and of course the above mentioned stupidity. It would have been a close battle for sure, congrats on the win.

Yeah, hope we can have a proper battle at Le Mans! I was surprised the Bentley was better on fuel economy than the Peugeot as well! As well as being easier on tyres! As I said, I didn't hit you on mu screen, you just seemed to run too deep at turn one, its probably my connection, so I'll try and fix it and hopefully we can go toe to toe next time!
 
I've gotta battle with GT cars and now have to watch out for you two?! *throws hands in the air*

EDIT: New fastest lap, 3:38.088 :dopey:
 
Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
Panoz will have a GT car at mosport.

Already seen that.
Old news bud. ;)
 
Jav
What a race! Had a terrible first stint, I was literally using my new pedals for the first time! had just unboxed them, pluged them in and fired up the PS3! On this pedals you need to adjust the load cell on the brakes to get full brake pressure, I didn't know that! So the green drops and everyone is sleeping from 3rd down so I got a great start, turn 1 apoaches and I got like 25% brakes only! Flying off I went! Spent the first stint trying to turn the load cell knob with my left foot while I was racing 4 other cars! Finally got it to a confortable enough setting and it was now time to make up for lost time! Little by little I was catching up to Gatr who managed to break away from the 5 car pack, but it wasn't enough so plan B is on! I extended the stints as much as possible(literaly), by doing that I could catch up Gatr as he was leaving the pits and put some 10 second gap between us, he would catch up and pass as my tires wore down to the core, final stint I catch Gatr as he exits the pits and into turn 1 in front of me! We had an awsome fight to the end of the race! Thank God for the 3 minute limit, if not Gatr woud have definitely passed me for 3rd!
Awsome race everyone!

You just got some clubsports to upgrade from the standards (carrera wheel)? I did the same as well.. Got them thrusday just before leaving for the weekend :( lol..
 
You just got some clubsports to upgrade from the standards (carrera wheel)? I did the same as well.. Got them thrusday just before leaving for the weekend :( lol..

Man you are gonna love them!!! I'm in love with mine, specially on iRacing! They are awsome! They give you so much more control over what you can do with the car! I can slide the car much more controllably than before, only downside is that is so much fun doing it that you burn your tires down quicker!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back