American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,725 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotta battle with GT cars and now have to watch out for you two?! *throws hands in the air*

EDIT: New fastest lap, 3:38.088 :dopey:

Was that drafting? I'm at about 3:46.xxx in the Ferrari (with about 1-2 seconds easily taken off of that if I'd stop having accidents) and a little higher in the mclaren practicing by myself.
 
I'll be trying this out again in the Aston Martin, just let me know the time.
 
freshseth83
I'll be trying this out again in the Aston Martin, just let me know the time.

Room will open around eight, race starts at nine EST.
 
Off-Topic Warning:

Does anyone played the earlier GT titles? I played every one, from GT1 to GT5 :D My favorites are GT2 and GT4. Too bad I lost all of them :(
 
Last edited:
DB9 pulled a 3:38.7
Speed 8 with a 3:07.5
 
Do you guys have any openings in this league ?
 
with reduced downforce? I've been told downforce doesn't matter in gt5, or rather that reducing it doesn't really increase acceleration, however I feel it must be either downforce or gearing that's holding me back. My downforce is full and my gearing is short except gear 7 which is quite a bit longer to sustain that long strait. I'm hitting all the turns pretty consistently so I figure it's that strait that's killing me.

I get why I suck with the mclaren, I'm using a manual gear box with clutch instead of the flappy paddles semi-auto. But I'm pretty in tune with the ferrari and it fits me like a glove at this point. Any suggestions?

I mean it's kind of moot because I'm moving this Friday and won't make the race, but for my own curiosity...

BTW anyone want to race my car this Friday? I can gift it for the race.
 
Was that drafting? I'm at about 3:46.xxx in the Ferrari (with about 1-2 seconds easily taken off of that if I'd stop having accidents) and a little higher in the mclaren practicing by myself.

Nah man, by myself.
 
Ferrari is slower.. I only managed a 3:40 with mine, maybe a 3:39 with a 110% lap.. 195 on the straight vs 204 in the DB9
Ferrari does feel a lot better then the DB9 though, lol.
 
Only getting 200mph down the straight, I love fanging thru the Porsche Curves tho so its probably getting me quick thru the corners. The McLaren F1 was made for Le Mans :sly:
 
Only getting 200mph down the straight, I love fanging thru the Porsche Curves tho so its probably getting me quick thru the corners. The McLaren F1 was made for Le Mans :sly:

It oversteers like a beast. I love it. I lose like 3-4 seconds on the strait and somehow end up making it all up inthe porsche curves. Only problem is hopping the chicanes spins the car out.
 
tissimo
Ferrari is slower.. I only managed a 3:40 with mine, maybe a 3:39 with a 110% lap.. 195 on the straight vs 204 in the DB9

Yes, the DB9 has extra ponies in the stable to balance out its junk in the trunk.
The Ferrari will beat just about every car competing in the pits however.
Not a very lightweight friendly track.
 
DB9 pulled a 3:38.7
Speed 8 with a 3:07.5

So that 3:06 wasn't clean, or was it with another car?
 
with reduced downforce? I've been told downforce doesn't matter in gt5, or rather that reducing it doesn't really increase acceleration, however I feel it must be either downforce or gearing that's holding me back. My downforce is full and my gearing is short except gear 7 which is quite a bit longer to sustain that long strait. I'm hitting all the turns pretty consistently so I figure it's that strait that's killing me.

In my experience, downforce definitely limits your top speed. Just try it for yourself, run down the mulsanne with regular DF, then come back and take it all off.

Example: Just went back and did that, 8 mph top speed difference with all DF at minimum compared to stock. (approx. 75% of available DF)
 
Last edited:
It oversteers like a beast. I love it. I lose like 3-4 seconds on the strait and somehow end up making it all up inthe porsche curves. Only problem is hopping the chicanes spins the car out.

You just need to tune the diff a bit and possibly tweak the suspension (even tho I'm using the stock suspension...).
 
You just need to tune the diff a bit and possibly tweak the suspension (even tho I'm using the stock suspension...).

I think I used one of the tunes on the forum and it lowered it and made it oversteery, which I like except it's just a tad much when I'm using the gear box and one-handing it.
 
parabulla
So that 3:06 wasn't clean, or was it with another car?

No, it was clean, just ran the 3:06.5 (I think) after I posted.
 
Can I sign up? I race clean! And Ill show up.
 
mike46and2
Can I sign up? I race clean! And Ill show up.

That's what I like to hear!
GT is pretty full, so could you go to LMP?
 
Yeah mike was in my series before I binned it racing in LMP class. Was pretty clean 👍
 
mike46and2
For sure , is any one using the 908?

I believe hon1987 is now...
You could team up with him, give tiss a run for his money. ;)
 
Can i run lmp this week? To get a feel for what ill run next season :)
 
rocko100
Can i run lmp this week? To get a feel for what ill run next season :)

I suppose...
What car?
 
Woot! Got a 3:07 in a GT-ONE :D
 
Thats one less F458 on the grid atleast!
 
I thought he was one of the Ferrari fleet? My bad...
 
I know tomorrow I have like 10 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back