American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,708 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mitch quick question does NFS: Shift 2 have pit stops or long races? Because the reviews I saw said there are really short races
 
:eek: double post I'm reporting :eek:
Just kidding :sly: in nfs shift 1 there were no pit stops
 
No pit stops....races are like 5-10 laps (if that) and the 'endurance' races are 20 laps....tyres however do go off as the race progresses but not enough to make the crap physics worse.
 
So you wouldn't recommend it? :P
 
I remember that on shift one it often felt fly-ie, like you know how it feels like on gt5 when you hit a jump, well it felt like that a lot.
 
After a while it seems GT5s interior view is... Bleh I got the DiRT 2 demo and had some fun :) 3 looks good and it's getting rave reviews :)
 
Cowboys965
After a while it seems GT5s interior view is... Bleh I got the DiRT 2 demo and had some fun :) 3 looks good and it's getting rave reviews :)

What's the interior view?
 
Shift 2 is fun if you play it like an arcade game, I've finished it and it was a ton of fun. The AI is alot more aggressive but the floaty-ness of the cars is a hectic PITA when you're trying to be fast. It's probably better with a wheel because you can fiddle with the settings and eliminate most of it but on the DS3 only so much can be sorted.

I'd buy it, but only if you want to play an arcade racer with some really cool cars (did I mention it has the 2010 GT1 and GT3 cars?).
 
I know that but you said "the gt5 interior view is..."
 
GT5's interior (cockpit) view is pretty bleh compared to Shift 2's with its 'look to apex' feature and it just overall feels alot more like racing, unlike GT5 which is too 'clean' if you will.
 
I remember that on shift one it often felt fly-ie, like you know how it feels like on gt5 when you hit a jump, well it felt like that a lot.

Whenever I play Shift 1, I feel like every car is a bath tub sliding across a tile floor. And the handling always felt a bit strange, like on some cars, the handling would be a bit unresponsive. But of course, I didn't played the game in a while now.

@ Cowboys' Post #3544

I wouldn't. But I saw some pretty good feedback about Shift 2, but it's mostly about "realistic racing" and the cars and tracks and customization options. But all in all, It depends on the player. Shift 2 = Hardcore. GT5 = Casual (IMO).

@ Mitch

I agree. The "racing" feel in GT5 never really kicks in to me. But whenever I see Shift 2, It feeling kicks in immediately, with the "helmet cam" and G-forces responses. But once again, it's the player's preferences.
 
rocko100
I know that but you said "the gt5 interior view is..."

I said it's bleh just a little boring since you just sit there with little movments, but in DiRT 2 and maybe 3 I think you get pushed back in your seat while accelerating and Shift 2 has the in car helmet cam but turns black and white when you hit something though :/
 
Whenever I play Shift 1, I feel like every car is a bath tub sliding across a tile floor. And the handling always felt a bit strange, like on some cars, the handling would be a bit unresponsive. But of course, I didn't played the game in a while now.

@ Cowboys' Post #3544

I wouldn't. But I saw some pretty good feedback about Shift 2, but it's mostly about "realistic racing" and the cars and tracks and customization options. But all in all, It depends on the player. Shift 2 = Hardcore. GT5 = Casual (IMO).

@ Mitch

I agree. The "racing" feel in GT5 never really kicks in to me. But whenever I see Shift 2, It feeling kicks in immediately, with the "helmet cam" and G-forces responses. But once again, it's the player's preferences.

Shift is hardcore?and gt5 is casual?

im not sure. havent tried shift
 
Er...so why even comment then? :confused:

Hopefully gatrs can get his PS3 problems sorted before the race this week, if not who's going to host? Jav again or?
 
MitchZ06
Er...so why even comment then? :confused:

Hopefully gatrs can get his PS3 problems sorted before the race this week, if not who's going to host? Jav again or?

I'm not going to be back for quite awhile.
We're talking two months.
I haven't been able to justify the $100 yet.
And I'll be placing my order for a G27 very soon.

I wouldn't how much it would cost to ship a DFGT to the land of oz...
 
What sort of times are the LMP guys getting?
 
Last edited:
What sort of times are the LMP guys getting?

I haven't set one but albeit it'll be very challenging, as Monaco (Cote D' Azur) is the most challenging track I ever faced. Even more than Nordschleife :nervous:

By the way, I got a HDTV (26"). I had a CRT TV for many years so I'm not used to the huge resolution revamp. I also bought the F2010, but it left a huge dent in my pocket so I guess I'll be setting up a grinding session everyday.
 
I haven't set one but albeit it'll be very challenging, as Monaco (Cote D' Azur) is the most challenging track I ever faced. Even more than Nordschleife :nervous:

By the way, I got a HDTV (26"). I had a CRT TV for many years so I'm not used to the huge resolution revamp. I also bought the F2010, but it left a huge dent in my pocket so I guess I'll be setting up a grinding session everyday.

Still have to grind to get one.

BTW guys I want to do both races, the R10 v 908 for sarthe no chicanes and F2010 at Monaco. We can do one of them or both of them Thursday if you want.
 
Save R10 vs 908 race till the final round maybe TT13?
 
I guess we could pair it up with the classic le mans race. Do both sarthe races together. Sound better?
 
Yeah, wouldn't mind that. Go from a fast car progressively down to a slower car :dopey:
 
Tower Turn 13
I guess we could pair it up with the classic le mans race. Do both sarthe races together. Sound better?

I don't know what's going on with the CLMS some guys say about this weekends race and the day comes and there's no one posting in the thread lol
 
I don't know what's going on with the CLMS some guys say about this weekends race and the day comes and there's no one posting in the thread lol

I meant the classic le mans support race not the series (sorry should have specified). For whenever we do ALMS La Sarthe with chicanes.
 
Just wondering, gogatrs are you going to update the OP with the race results?
 
Still have to grind to get one.

BTW guys I want to do both races, the R10 v 908 for sarthe no chicanes and F2010 at Monaco. We can do one of them or both of them Thursday if you want.

I'd rather do F2010 Monaco race Thursday & what Mitch said for the R10 vs 908 race.
 
MitchZ06
Just wondering, gogatrs are you going to update the OP with the race results?

Probably not lol.
But if you guys want me to REALLY badly, I will.
 
gatrs I never knew there was a place called I Hate Stalkers, Whats it like there? :sly:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back