American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
MitchZ06
For those not on my friends list add me, Mitch_Z06 . I prefer to use my lounge as it avoids the randoms that join...

Just FYI I've heard that lobbies get better connection than lounges, but it's not proven.


And cowboys, this thread doesn't really need a "random bump". It gets a lot of chit chat.
 
We've had no problems so far with the LMES races so I dont think that is true.
 
MitchZ06
We've had no problems so far with the LMES races so I dont think that is true.

Well I'm not arguing I just figured you'd need every bit of help especially considering today's FIA race which was a disaster to be honest lol.
 
My performance or the race itself?....
 
MitchZ06
My performance or the race itself?....

Like help for getting good connections without disconnects etc.
 
Oh yeah the musical rooms....
 
Pfffft count yourself as kicked next time you enter my room t ray :dopey:
 
Lol, anyway theres just prototypes in the room atm, we need some rolling roadblocks!
 
Lol, anyway theres just prototypes in the room atm, we need some rolling roadblocks!

We're going to start a GTE room and ask that any stupid steamroller sleds that enter need to watch out for the real cars so not to scratch their beautiful paint jobs.
 
You had better watch out for me, especially when it gets dark :dopey:
 
Lol, I've still got to test out my Z06RM there for a full stint too....
 
What kind of times are you other lmp guys putting down?
 
Fwiw, in BremudaKids Le Mans series I run the 787b (but at 820kg or whatever its factory weight is) and run le sarthe 2005 around 3:21. Its one of the quicker cars around the track though. I'd say a good competitive time would be low 3:20s. I'll run the Speed 8 around after work to see what out pulls. Speed 8 is a mid runner on le sarthe iirc.

The R10 is a tad slow imo, and should get a 20-30 hp boost. Its mid range acceleration (100-180mph) really is lacking compared to the others. I think it's about 3-4s off pace around Le Sarthe. I have pulled a 3:22 with a draft, but with out it it gets left in the straights. I can do done testing if you want on it to see what would get it competitive.
 
Yeah but the HP/weight is set at 680/900 so you'll be alot slower (10 seconds) around the track than the times you've been getting.
 
MitchZ06
Yeah but the HP/weight is set at 680/900 so you'll be alot slower (10 seconds) around the track than the times you've been getting.

The 900kg weight limit unbalances all the cars under 900kg (787, 902, minolta off the top of my head). At a 750kg limit (weight of 902) they're all pretty balanced (BremudaKid's Le Mans series).

To give an example, on indy road course my 787 ran high 1:19s, and the speed 8 also ran high 1:19s. With 80 extra kgs, they'd be extremely unbalanced. The 902 even worse. In qualifying for the race, I qualified 5th, behind a Speed 8, 2x 908, and a GT-One. So despite the weight difference, the cars are equal.
 
Yes but you do understand the 908 weighs 930kg and the R10 925kg? I'm gonna sound like a bit of an arse saying this but who cares what is being run in Bermudakids series, gogatrs has set the regulations and so far the racing has been pretty good in LMP.
 
MitchZ06
Yes but you do understand the 908 weighs 930kg and the R10 925kg? I'm gonna sound like a bit of an arse saying this but who cares what is being run in Bermudakids series, gogatrs has set the regulations and so far the racing has been pretty good in LMP.

In the Op he said he was basing off BKs series(well he did, not there now), but used preliminary unbalanced regs of the series.

I'm just trying to make the racing better. Its fact the R10 is slower then the competition. I'm trying to help you out here, nothing for my car (Speed 8)
 
In the Op he said he was basing off BKs series(well he did, not there now), but used preliminary unbalanced regs of the series.

I'm just trying to make the racing better. Its fact the R10 is slower then the competition. I'm trying to help you out here, nothing for my car (Speed 8)

You sure about that? Read the OP again....

I'm really not fussed, the R10 Stealth is faster than the normal R10 so theres no need to worry about me :dopey:
 
You sure about that? Read the OP again....

I'm really not fussed, the R10 Stealth is faster than the normal R10 so theres no need to worry about me :dopey:

I edited my post, it was there, but has been removed. You can ask Gogatrs to confirm.

I didn't know the stealths offered any speed bonus, I thought it was just cheap rebuilds and a different paint scheme.
I'll put some laps in tonight on the Speed 8 to compare to, and the regular R10, as well as my 350Z for your series.


I'm sure I've probably stated before, I will not be in town for This weeks ALMS pre-season race (out of town Thurs-Mon). Itll give a chance for all the new LMP cars to get some seat time, in preparation for the tissimo motorsports Speed 8's return the following week to the top of the podium. :)
 
The Stealth R10 weighs alot less than the regular R10 (something like 100kg less) so at gogatrs spec its 25kg lighter still.
 
Woe im way off the pace then. Bout three seconds slower. :(
 
Ah sh....spend some pesos and get a Stealth DLC man! Then we can run NRGR Audis #55 and #77 :dopey:
 
Hey, I'm starting a lounge room for GTE cars if anyone wants to join. Just sent a friend request to Mitch. Anyways, if anyone wants to join, my ID is neptune35.

Ask for the friend request, I'll except it within 30 minutes, and we'll start practicing. I may leave the room sometimes (I have other things to do - I'm going to be in the senior year of high school next year and I'm relaxing during the summer), but you guys keep on practicing.
 
Ah sh....spend some pesos and get a Stealth DLC man! Then we can run NRGR Audis #55 and #77 :dopey:

How much did you pay for those codes Mitch?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back