American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be running real.
 
I don't like low traction anyway. It makes everything feel waaaay too grippy IMO. All my entry and exit lines get screwed if I'm trying to let the back slide out a little or something.
 
Yes, it's going to be real.
 
Gogatrs, what will the new HP limit be for the Aston Martin and the M3?

Also, can you update the front page with the info for the next preseason race?
 
Anyone watching the real Le Mans this weekend? The new Audi R18 looks sweet. well, I've gtg, I got an essay to write :I
 
Cowboys965
Anyone watching the real Le Mans this weekend? The new Audi R18 looks sweet. well, I've gtg, I got an essay to write :I

I hope I can catch some of it live at a bar in montreal or something (going for F1 race), but dvring it if not
 
tissimo
I hope I can catch some of it live at a bar in montreal or something (going for F1 race), but dvring it if not

I'll DVR it since I'll be karting.
I think speed is cutting out part of their F1 coverage for the race.
Are they broadcasting all 24 hours?
 
I'll be watching all 24 Hours :D
 
Mithc, do you have a website that youre watching it from???
 
Will be watching on eurosport on TV and will most likely be on justin.tv for the bits they're not showing.
 
I'll DVR it since I'll be karting.
I think speed is cutting out part of their F1 coverage for the race.
Are they broadcasting all 24 hours?

F1 race will be on FOX at 1pm. 18 hours of it will be on SPEED with the rest of the 24 Hours will be streaming online. Saturday is my bday, so I am dvring the whole thing.
 
I'll DVR it since I'll be karting.
I think speed is cutting out part of their F1 coverage for the race.
Are they broadcasting all 24 hours?

^beat me to it :)

Speed is doing intermittent broadcasting, the start, some night, daybreak, and probably the end, according to their website. Eurosport claims to be showing it all, though it'd be nice if they offered their online channel in the U.S. :(.

justin.tv it is.
 
hopefully the coverage online will be the SPEED pictures with Radio Le Mans commentary.
 
I totally forgot that was this weekend. Gotta watch that. Can't wait to see the R18 sweep the Pugs.
 
I always paid more attention to the GT cars, myself. Not sure why, but the fact that they have at least some tie in to production vehicles is pretty cool to me. That, and the fact that the Corvettes were so good for so long.

Anyone know what the interesting storylines in the GT classes are this year? Are corvettes still as dominate?
 
I totally forgot that was this weekend. Gotta watch that. Can't wait to see the R18 sweep the Pugs.

I hope so, but the Oreca 908 has a great shot too. Hopefully, there will be some petrol cars running up there too, but I doubt it. Then, maybe David Richards can laugh in Ulrich Baretsky's face when the AMR-ones are close to the diesels.
 
I always paid more attention to the GT cars, myself. Not sure why, but the fact that they have at least some tie in to production vehicles is pretty cool to me. That, and the fact that the Corvettes were so good for so long.

Anyone know what the interesting storylines in the GT classes are this year? Are corvettes still as dominate?

short answer is no. The M3 will be one of the dominant cars. As will be the Lizards. GT is really open this year. Talks about maybe one of the AM F430s might take the overall GT class win.


Edit: sorry for the double post.
 
I always paid more attention to the GT cars, myself. Not sure why, but the fact that they have at least some tie in to production vehicles is pretty cool to me. That, and the fact that the Corvettes were so good for so long.

Anyone know what the interesting storylines in the GT classes are this year? Are corvettes still as dominate?

Well they are very competitive but certainly the BMW M series is a car to watch out for, as well as the 458s. Luxury Racing is a team I'll be following pretty closely during the race, definitely an underdog because they're brand new and, well, this is Le Mans...

EDIT: Damn it lilcat you keep beating me to the punch lol.
 
Damn it lilcat you keep beating me to the punch lol.

Sorry! Been listening to all the Radio Le Mans previews on my iPod all week!
 
Corvette will be slugging it out with BMW for the win, the other teams just dont have the manufacturer might to go hard the whole time.

Sorry! Been listening to all the Radio Le Mans previews on my iPod all week!
John Hindhaugh and Graham Goodwin arent always right tho ;)
 
Tower Turn 13
Well they are very competitive but certainly the BMW M series is a car to watch out for, as well as the 458s. Luxury Racing is a team I'll be following pretty closely during the race, definitely an underdog because they're brand new and, well, this is Le Mans...

EDIT: Damn it lilcat you keep beating me to the punch.

I really wish we had more premium racing mods. The M3 and the Aston Martin rm's would be sweet. The 458's too!

How amazing would it be if tonights update was some sort of Le Mans themed content with a bunch of cool racing mod premiums added. :) wishful thinking I know.
 
I really wish we had more premium racing mods. The M3 and the Aston Martin rm's would be sweet. The 458's too!

How amazing would it be if tonights update was some sort of Le Mans themed content with a bunch of cool racing mod premiums added. :) wishful thinking I know.

What do you think this is.....Codemasters? I wish too though.
 
How do those high revving 458s fair on gas tho?
 
They dont rev that high, in fact most cars only top out at 7-8k rpm for longevity, some even less (6krpm).
 
Tower Turn 13
They just trick you by putting a playing card in their spokes...

lol
Lizards FTW.

Whos the radio Le mans guy that gets all excited?
The Scottish one.

One of my karting buddies knows him personally from back home.
(he's also Scottish)
 
Declan Brennan is Irish...ummm....argh cant remember. Jim Roller (iirc) is the yank, he's alright to listen to on his shift. Maybe is Nick Damon?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back