American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only find european codes. And the bid starts at 68.00 :/
 
FlyinHawaiian77
I can only find european codes. And the bid starts at 68.00 :/

If there's a bid then that guy got a free game :S
 
Just an FYI, I DID say that we'd use BK's regs.
I wasn't aware that he changed them... for the better.
What was the exact weight/power rule?
 
BTW, I have a serious question.

You know the download thing for open lobby, lounge, and online racing? It keeps freezing on me, but sometimes I think it hasn't frozen. The main music stops, I can't cancel the installation, but the light under message board is still blinking. What is happening???

It says it will improve your gameplay experience. Forgive me for my ignorance but is it other people's servers or mine that is making other online racers (not in professional tournaments - just random rooms) jump around eratically on the track?

All I know is I want to be able to enjoy my race without people's cars jumping around in front of me.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I've been waiting for over an hour now.
 
gogatrs
Just an FYI, I DID say that we'd use BK's regs.
I wasn't aware that he changed them... for the better.
What was the exact weight/power rule?

Still 680hp and essentially no weight limit (750kg of the 905), 01 r8 still banned.
 
tissimo
Still 680hp and essentially no weight limit (750kg of the 905), 01 r8 still banned.

There is no weight limit for LMPS?
 
$50AUD is what I paid for mine but I actually got mine from a member on this forum (check marketplace). I was looking on ebay tho and thats why I suggested going that route, there may be someone on here looking to offload a US code perhaps?
 
Hey guys I'm just curious, have changes in downforce made a tremendous difference for your times? My concern is I'll lower the downforce in favor of acceleration and then lap 1 it starts raining, doesn't let up until the end of the race.

It's happened before. It will happen again.

I figure downforce is good for the rain but don't know how it affects the car on the back straits. Suggestions? Knowledge? Etc.?
 
Downforce doesnt matter if you just follow someone for the whole race and use their draft, will give you an advantage in the corners (half the track at Le Mans) so its worth having alot of it.
 
Downforce doesnt matter if you just follow someone for the whole race and use their draft, will give you an advantage in the corners (half the track at Le Mans) so its worth having alot of it.

Yeah that's the way I was leaning with the Ferrari. Trying out the Audi P1 car for LMES I was trying to decide between dropping 10-15hp or lowering downforce by a factor of about six to meet 700pp. I've tried less downforce in the dry and it's fine, I don't even notice the difference in corners. However the rain might be a bit different.

Ferrari time: 4:03.xxx
Audi R10 time: 3:29.xxx
 
Scary man, you're faster than me (or are you?)
 
I didn't realize at Le Mans the R10 had to do quadruple stints to keep up with the 908s, which were widening their lead by +3 seconds per lap. I've been watching some of the Truth in 24 video :).

For me oversteer and front-end grip is the key to my driving lines and comfort zone. I've definitely got that with the Ferrari now, and I've probably got too much of it in the Lambo, but the car is a joy to drive (in dry weather). As for the R10, it's hard to tell because it's such a different car. I do have the understeer problem mostly grappled, but I don't know if it's quite where I want it or not.

This is probably my downfall in the rain, however.
 
That Truth in 24 video was really cool and really makes you appreciate the difficulty of driving against the rain, the dark and utter exhaustion over time. Watching car after car go off-track in the rain makes me realize it isn't just us :). Tire choice becomes so important. Really can't wait for the race this weekend.
 
What about Wednesday?! That race will be alot longer! :p
 
What about Wednesday?! That race will be alot longer! :p

I meant the actual race lol. And it looks like my times are just a few seconds slower than Luxury Racing's average time in the 458 during Le Mans test day. Tho I have no idea what HP and weight real GTE Pro is.
 
I did a test with the ZR1 RM at the GT2 cars real weight and hp (1245/485) and pretty much nailed their time from last year then the lap after beat it by about a second and a bit, made me feel pretty smug...haha
 
I still can't imagine how you guys drive in the rain. Night seems a bit easier to do.

How many laps will we be doing?
 
I'm thinking 15, will be roughly an hour or less.
 
I still can't imagine how you guys drive in the rain. Night seems a bit easier to do.

How many laps will we be doing?

After so much pitch-black, blinding, slippery rain driving between the end of season 1 and tons of practice, dry @ night is a cinch. Once you find your braking points along the sign posts there's nothing to it, pretty much the same as day. Add rain beating your windshield and cars spinning every other turn, unscheduled pit stops etc., it's suddenly a different story.
 
Gotta agree with you there man, Im as fast in the dark as I am in the day, Im only a second or two slower in the rain night or day.
 
Gotta agree with you there man, Im as fast in the dark as I am in the day, Im only a second or two slower in the rain night or day.

WOW! Only 1 or 2 secs apart in rain? I don't see how you guys do it. Are rain tyres really just moot?
 
Pretty much, plus I've also got the experience of having driven Le Mans a few times (the 24Hr races....)
 
Dude in the R10 I'm like 30 seconds slower but obviously I'm new to the car in the rain (pretty much GT times). The Ferrari isn't as bad because it's slower, but still...

I use intermediates in the rain, not really sure if there's a time and a place to switch to full rain. I've heard when it's pouring and the track is thoroughly soaked is rain tire conditions, even mentioned as pretty integral to Audi's pole at the 24 hour race (though they were on inters) over #7 Pug that spun and busted the car on slicks in that video. Not sure how it works in the game, though. I switched like 3 or four times between the two in the last race and every time rain tires were awful.
 
Last edited:
Hang on...why are we talking about your R10 in the ALMS forum? :p

Intermediates are the closest to a rain tire I'll use, rains are just terrible. It doesnt correlate to real world conditions tho where a full wet tire is far better than a cut slick (intermediate).
 
Hang on...why are we talking about your R10 in the ALMS forum? :p

Intermediates are the closest to a rain tire I'll use, rains are just terrible. It doesnt correlate to real world conditions tho where a full wet tire is far better than a cut slick (intermediate).

Whatever it's Le Mans week. I get a free pass :).

Plus since it's all the same track it's handy for switching cars/tires fairly quickly in my lounge.

So you stay on inters through the whole rain mess? I've heard so many contrasting arguements on GTP I really have no idea except from experience. The whole "use racing softs" thing is probably for people playing a-spec with 5 TCS and 10 ABS as well as SFR or something. Does not work for crap in the big-boy rooms online with aids off. I took both my cars out on slicks in the heavy rain and immediately spun into a wall. Inters were significantly better though I was too scared to do anything but crawl through corners. Rains, I just didn't bother.

The Ferrari was much easier to control all around for obvious reasons with closer to dry lap times.
 
I use whatever makes me fastest in the rain :p
 
Is grip set to low in this series? Thats the only way I see wet times being even remotely close to dry times.

I put in a few laps yesterday in the Speed 8, and managed a 3:23. With the current oversteer tune, I dont feel confident throwing it through the first sector so losing a bit of time. I'll tune it out (and probably need to for wet conditions anyways). I expect wet times to be in the bottom 4 minute range, maybe a high 3:50 with a perfect drive.

As for night driving, I ALWAYS seem to turn in way to early @ Tetre Rouge, lol. They have 2 sets of reflectors or something iirc and it throws me off all the time.
 
From what I can tell it's been switched over to real but I can't confirm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back