American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
Lizards FTW.

Whos the radio Le mans guy that gets all excited?
The Scottish one.

One of my karting buddies knows him personally from back home.
(he's also Scottish)

not scottish. Hes Irish. Declan Brennan. Nicks not Scottish though.
 
MitchZ06
Corvette will be slugging it out with BMW for the win, the other teams just dont have the manufacturer might to go hard the whole time.

John Hindhaugh and Graham Goodwin arent always right tho ;)

Should be good, as I like BMWs, but I do like Corvettes too :D
 
but I do like Corvettes too :D

Alright, one side or the other! its like the red sox or the yankees man! No fence sitters. That might be both of their downfalls though is the grunge match over 24 hours.
 
lilcat89
Alright, one side or the other! its like the red sox or the yankees man! No fence sitters. That might be both of their downfalls though is the grunge match over 24 hours.

Ok, Beamer it is :D
And Audi :D
 
Copy and paste this with who you're supporting: :)

gogatrs
LMP: Don't give a damn, no Porsches
GT: guess
 
Pfffft, beetles are a hitlermobile and BMWs are just Barvarian waffle wagons. Corvette baby :D
 
Pfffft, beetles are a hitlermobile and BMWs are just Barvarian waffle wagons. Corvette baby :D

and the vette is just a mid life crisis sportscar for fat old guys. :D
 
lilcat89
and the vette is just a mid life crisis sportscar for fat old rednecks. :D

Fixed!

And BTW Mitch, we'll see about that best GT1 car ever after this race.
The Lizards are painted orange and blue which automatically gives them an advantage, AND theyre running two cars this year.
 
Er, its GT2 (now GTE) class man, so dunno where you're gonna see about that :/
 

GT1....maybe. I mean all you had in GT1 was Prodrive DBR9s and that Japanese Lamborghini that never turned a lap in the 2 years it entered.

BTW: lilcat89

LMP: Audi and that Pecom Racing Lola LMP2
GT: BMW ///M3

I would go with the Lizards for AM class just for that sweet paint job.
 
GTE-Pro: Corvette Racing #73
GTE-Am: Larbre Competition #50

:D
 
BMW is going to sweep GTE!!! everyone knows it. Face it mitch, the vettes days are numbered in GTE. :p
 
Also, if a vette is a midlife crisis for old fogeys, BMWs are fratboy cars driven by the sons of rich business executives who don't know how to fill their own gas tanks.

I don't know what Ferraris are. I don't see them that often on the road TBH. :)
 
Also, if a vette is a midlife crisis for old fogeys, BMWs are fratboy cars driven by the sons of rich business executives who don't know how to fill their own gas tanks.

I don't know what Ferraris are. I don't see them that often on the road TBH. :)

Ferraris are owned by self-indulgent weiners who drink too much Starbucks.. Haven't you seen Gone in 60 Seconds?
 
And Mercs are own by ignorant fools pretending to be Corvette supporters usually called t_ray_z28 :dopey:
 
And Mercs are own by ignorant fools pretending to be Corvette supporters usually called t_ray_z28 :dopey:

Hey, I'd be proud to own a MB instead of just work on them! lol, But if I did, it would be a daily car, not a REAL car you can only REALLY use on a track! lol :)
 
I'd rather not pay out my backside for maintenance ;)

However, Corvette should be in the top 5 for this and should be pushing for the win.
 
Sorry I couldn't do the lounge thing today, Mitch. Anyways, I hope you had a good day practicing.

Been out all day at a soccer game and haven't really had the time. Will tomorrow, though. About to tuck into bed now, *yawn*

Anyways, I'll check in with everybody tomorrow. Just downloaded the GTPlanet app on my iPad. It's awesome, of course.

And the time has come once again for the somethingth annual 24 Hours of Le Mans. LOL, people, cheering for BMW and Porsche and Corvette? Come on, Ferrari... You guys are disappointing. :) My best bet is actually on JMW Motorsports. Solid driver lineup, especially with Rob Bell and Sugden, who, as if you don't know, won the Asian Le Mans series in some year. My best wishes go to Xavier Maassen, whoever he is (is he related to Porsche factory driver Sascha Maassen???) I'm also interested to see the new Dunlop livery on the JMW. Last years was great, as was the years before. They really threw it away with drivng that V8 Vantage last year.

Also, another "sleeper" I'm waging on is Hankook Team Farnbacher. Dude, what better driver lineup could you get? Simonsen, Farnbacher, and Keen! Also I think everyone will be very, very aware of Jaime Melo in the Luxury Racing 58 (or 59?) because he just can't stop going fast!

The obvious overall fastest in GT Pro is #51 AF Corse Ferrari. Vilander/Bruni/Fisichella is just an amazing lineup. But I just have a good feeling about JMW and Hankook Team Farnbacher. I'm making a random guess that AF Corse won't make it till the end, just like the Corvette last year because of the blasted Peugeot.

You can tell I'm excited, right????!!!!!

Flying Lizard made the right option this year to get rid of Neiman and Law and put them on the amateur team with Spencer Pumpelly, that guy formerly from TRG in Rolex Sports Car Series. Neiman just holds everyone up and crashed out the Flying Lizard prototype in Daytona. Bergmeister didn't seem very happy.

Even though Neiman has less of a chance than a turtle trying to outrun a 747 to the end of a runway, I'd say the #80 still has a fair chance at it. But the way I look at it, they still only have one bullet in the gun, because as I said before, Neiman, Law, and Pumpelly have no chance, even in the amateur class. It's just a way to displace drivers who want to drive but don't really care about winning.

I have been looking over Spa-Francorchamps and Paul-Ricard times over and over again, and I've realized that JMW Motorsports is nearly as fast as AF Corse!!! Some may call them "underdogs", but I call them the veterans.

I think the Larbe #50 or 70 has the chance in the amateur class. I was surprised at the pace they set in Spa, as they seemed so slow in Le Mans in 2010. They've definitely stept up their game (GT1 last year was just stupid).

Probably the 70 over the 50, though.

Also, the #61 AF Corse Ferrari F430 will probably have a chance of it as well, because of Marco Cioci. I don't know about SP Breslin, though.

As LMP goes, it is pretty straight forward: repeat of last year except Audis will lead for the whole time. Even though they didnt win at Spa, I'm confident they've got the endurance and speed to pull it off. I'm cheering for the veterans in the #3!!! WOOT, WOOT!!!

LMP2 will be really interesting, though. Very close cars, teams, and drivers, and everyone has closed the gap considerably on Strakka Racing. My top five pick is...

1. Strakka Racing
2. SignaTech Nissan
3. Greaves Motorsports
4. Extreme Limit Paris
5. RML

I am anxious to see Truth in 24!!!
 
Argh, guys its looking unlikely I will be able to host the race this weekend....
 
Sugarglider: Truth in 24 is freaking amazing and the whole thing is on youtube (watch the three-part one if you have good internet, it has 720 resolution and fewer interruptions). Wish there was a video with more overall focus but the Audi underdog win is a formidable subject for a Le Mans documentary.

Mitch: I'm sure someone will host if you can't. Will miss you at the race tho :(
 
I'd rather not pay out my backside for maintenance ;)

However, Corvette should be in the top 5 for this and should be pushing for the win.

lol, well there's the beauty of my job! I don't have to pay out the backside! I just don't make the money to afford one in the first place.... :grumpy:
 
I just bought all the radiolemans broadcasts I was interested in. Made some crazy guesses when it came to GT, I suppose they want to cheer for the underdogs.
 
I just bought all the radiolemans broadcasts I was interested in. Made some crazy guesses when it came to GT, I suppose they want to cheer for the underdogs.

Not really crazy, but most of their picks make a lot of sense though. Especially in GT. Most of the cars are new and not developed in PRO, which would open the door for a steady AM car to be up quite far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back