American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone, lets join in my lounge for an open practice session in La Sarthe in 25-30 minutes (10:10 PAC / 11:10 MOUNT / 12:10 CEN / 1:10 EST TIME).

Please add me as a friend (neptune35) and just say "from GTplanet" or something.

I'll send out the message via PM. I'll probably have a session later if nobody shows up. Just for testing and tuning. BOTH classes allowed. Voice chat disabled.
 
👍

TK you use the driving force wheel, right? What mode do you have it set to in the options menu? Pro, amateur, simulation? Have you experimented to see how your lap times vary?
 
👍

TK you use the driving force wheel, right? What mode do you have it set to in the options menu? Pro, amateur, simulation? Have you experimented to see how your lap times vary?

Yep. I have the driving force ex... old school playstation 2 wheel.

Generally, I don't mess too much with it so I'm going to just assume its whatever the default setting is, but 'll check this afternoon to make sure and send you a message.

The only problem I have is, right at the beginning of a race, or a racing session, if I get into a turn, sometimes it doesn't reset back to center, and I have to stop, turn it all the way to the left, then the right, to correct it.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.
 
Same here. I think because it's not PS3 specific and doesn't calibrate until you manually do it. After the first time you manually calibrate it's golden.
 
Tower Turn 13
👍

TK you use the driving force wheel, right? What mode do you have it set to in the options menu? Pro, amateur, simulation? Have you experimented to see how your lap times vary?

When I first got my wheel I hated it.. later learned about the wheel settings and saw it was in amateur. Changed to sim and was immediately 2-3 seconds faster on the top gear test track.
 
Just a quick mention guys there is a Panoz Esperante for cheap in the OCD and I think also the RUF both needed for the challenge/support races. Pick them up if you can! Also read the rules. In most cases the cars are meant to be stock. We need as many participants as possible to make it a success.
 
Tower Turn 13
Sugarglider: Truth in 24 is freaking amazing and the whole thing is on youtube (watch the three-part one if you have good internet, it has 720 resolution and fewer interruptions). Wish there was a video with more overall focus but the Audi underdog win is a formidable subject for a Le Mans documentary.

Mitch: I'm sure someone will host if you can't. Will miss you at the race tho :(

You can download it on iTunes for free :D
 
Mitch, one of the helmets I got seems to be corvette racing yellow...
 
Wow, those are some AWESOME liveries on those cars at Le Mans!

Did you see the two Flying Lizards, the ProSpeed Competition, the JMB Racing, and the JMW Motorsport liveries? AWESOME!!!
 
Anyone notice in the startup menu when it shows all of the helmets there is a Stig helmet? That is so SWEET!
 
Cowboys965
Anyone notice in the startup menu when it shows all of the helmets there is a Stig helmet? That is so SWEET!

Thats the first thing I got excited about with the new update. :dopey:
 
gogatrs
Thats the first thing I got excited about with the new update. :dopey:

I got the update and read on here about the helmets and suits, and I see all these helmets when I start the game, and I see the Stig's helmet and I'm like whoa!
 
I know I threw up in my mouth. lol.

Luxury sitting in 6th GTEPro

Joey Hand's car so far polesitting in GTEPro as expected.

Audi holding back through most of qualifying.
 
Last edited:
Funny thing about Joey hand.
He came to an event at the place where I kart indoors, and my laptimes are consistently three tenths faster than what his best was. :dopey:
 
Guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma.
I'm trying to decide which helmet visor I should use IRL.
I've been given the choice of two, one that's blue, and one that's silver.
Since my helmet is white, the blue one makes me look like the Stig.
But the silver one goes better with the flag and gator I have painted on.
Decisions, decisions lol.
 
Speaking of helmets, does anyone gave any Mazda 787B orange or green racing, preferably both colors in one, or BMW blue and white colors?
 
Cowboys965
Speaking of helmets, does anyone gave any Mazda 787B orange or green racing, preferably both colors in one, or BMW blue and white colors?

I'll check now...
Mitch, I'll send you that corvette helmet...

Any orange and blue? :dopey:
Either gulf, or gator. :)
 
I got an awesome set of a blue and yellow helmet and suit :) right now
 
Cowboys965
I got an awesome set of a blue and yellow helmet and suit :) right now

:yuck:
lol
 
I know I threw up in my mouth. lol.

Luxury sitting in 6th GTEPro

Joey Hand's car so far polesitting in GTEPro as expected.

Audi holding back through most of qualifying.

Just saw this. GO BMW BABY!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back