American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Practicing in my lounge if anyone would like to join.

Note: what setting will time progression be?
 
Cool, I'll add friend request. Man, this is going to be a fun race. :)
 
Tower Turn 13
Just tell me what time and I'll be there. In my lounge now practicing.

Your Mockingbird3000 or 300?
 
Mockingbird00000.

But I'm off now. Getting really frustrated trying to tune the ferrari. I don't know if it's me or the wheel I'm using or what, but this is getting just plain ridiculous. I'm at 4:03 best at the specs given and I can't understand why it's so hard for me to compete. I'm hitting the correct entry lines, I'm getting clean exits, I tuned my tranny and tried to put as much oversteer as possible into my setup. I take bends with enough so that I'm skidding slightly but don't leave track and get good angles out. I don't know are people jumping the last chicanes to get under 4 minutes? I don't get it.
 
This is an endurance series, so if you can get consistent times, you're good to go.
 
Won't be able to make it tonight, unfortunately. I was only able to get in like 5 practice laps all weeks anyway.
 
But I'm off now. Getting really frustrated trying to tune the ferrari. I don't know if it's me or the wheel I'm using or what, but this is getting just plain ridiculous. I'm at 4:03 best at the specs given and I can't understand why it's so hard for me to compete. I'm hitting the correct entry lines, I'm getting clean exits, I tuned my tranny and tried to put as much oversteer as possible into my setup. I take bends with enough so that I'm skidding slightly but don't leave track and get good angles out. I don't know are people jumping the last chicanes to get under 4 minutes? I don't get it.

I have noticed. :sly:

But seriously, I noticed (it might just be the draft) that I have been catching you on the straights, and, weirdly, pulling away even when you are right behind me. I have basically made no changes except with brake balance and I'm running times of about 3:53s. I suppose I'm not the fastest LOL but I was quite a bit quicker than you in the practice. I wasn't trying to annoy you... I was getting behind you to see if I could catch up and pass. Sorry if I messed up one of your lap times. :(

Everyone, the big race is tonight!!!

I used to race 125cc and 250cc go-karts (which aren't your normal "go-karts"; they are the pavement racing ones that go 160 MPH). They had motorcycle engines. I have won quite a few races. But funnily enough, this online thing gives me the butterflies as much as real RACING!

Bump drafting at 150 MPH in a Superkart is hardcore! :crazy:
 
Another thing I'd like to add, Tower Turn, is that you went in too deep into the corners. Ease off a little or your tires will be toast. You have not been braking anywhere near the red braking line. You shouldn't anyways, but you are completely overcooking every corner except Arnage.
 
I didnt think the draft worked in free/practice mode? TT13 ill rin the 458 with you tonight if it turns out that lmp is full. :)
 
@sugarglider: thanks dude, it isn't you it's something to do with either my setup, my wheel or my technique, or some combination. FH drove the same car on the same exact tune and was getting way better times at Seca, so it leads me to believe it's either me or the wheel.

I thought it was awesome that you got that close in my draft! looked back and I was practically towing you down the back straights. And I don't care about losing, I've gotten used to it. I just wonder how I can simply not match the times of 90 percent of the people on here. I spend so many hours playing this game that I really can't be that bad.

As for cooking it into the chicanes, I was kinda doing that to try and keep up with you. The gallardo is listed about 100hp more than the ferraris for some reason on the specs, which is likely why you were catching me on straight-line, but that only makes sense if I was beating you through corner-handling, which I wasn't, even with a liberally loose tune. Jav somehow keeps up with the race leaders with the same car as me, and an even stiffer tune than I'm usually comfortable driving (I need a TON of oversteer). I am really just at a loss and might have to take the plunge for a DFGT or the fanatech wheel (can't afford the G27). I only have 90 degree turning in either direction and when hooking the wheel up to my PC I notice the pedals seem kind of glitchy with fanning throttle and brake (the levels it shows during calibration jump around).

I'm not making excuses, though. If I'm losing because of my own crap driving I'll be the first to admit it. However when I'm taking the same lines as other people and still getting this result it's a bit disheartening I guess you could say. 4:03 is not competitive in any way in GT and my position is sort of predetermined unless others wreck out or hit the gravel or DNF. Which I don't wish for anyone.

EDIT: thanks FH, you don't have to if you don't want. It's your call. :)
 
Its all part of my mind games to stay away from jav. :) I have a man crush on the 458. Shes been begging me to finally use her in a race.
 
Is Jav back to driving LMP in this series?

I'd be down for doing a 458 combo.
 
Is Jav back to driving LMP in this series?

Nope! Staying put in GTE with Scuderia TT13!
No word from Gatr?

Guess I'll be hosting tonight, I'll be setting up the room at arround 8PM EST(GMT-5).
I'll post the room number here!
 
Race starts at normal time, 9ish?
 
Are you guys still practicing.
 
4:03's isnt competitive? I'm screwed then, because I havn't practiced much here, and last night I turned a few, and thats all I was hitting.
 
Tower Turn,

I think Jav may have made a little mis-tuning on the 458. I have tried it and have the same difficulties. Although I have posted a 3:58 with one. - 4 seconds faster than you ;)

Also, a trick is to not worry about keeping up with me, because if you try to hard you will end up losing more time. Just COOL IT a little going down into the corners. ;0
 
Last edited:
4:03 is not completely uncompetitive. If you look on the REAL Le Mans qualifying order, you see I'm running about 3 seconds faster than the fastest GT car (of course, this is a video game and the specs are a little bit more favorable). So that means I'd be probably running, at most, 3:58s if it was completely accurate. Force 4:03 back 3-2 seconds and you'll get 4:05 and 4:06. You'd be clocking in with Michele Rugolo, Tim Sugden, Julien Canal, Simon Dolan, Bryce Miller, Xavier Maassen, and Nicolas Armindo! ;)
 
Sorry for TRIPLE posting, lol. But is qualifying going to be tonight or have I missed it? There hasn't really been any clarification except on the poll and I have scanned briefly this forum or thread or whatever this thing is called ;) and I have no text clarification.
 
That's exactly what I was thinking, t_ray. 4:03 is EXTREME in GTC.
 
I'm not GTC anymore, I changed to a Vette
 
gogatrs


Gatr,


I got something for you. Seen it the other night and asked for it to be gifted it to me.

Coming at you tonight. ;)
 
ok cool, well I guess I don't feel sooo bad as I did if anyone is close to me, I thought 3:55-6 average, 3:51 hotlap, or that's how it seemed Wednesday in GTE.
 
Hey, I can host!!! Why not?? I've got a solid connection, and I know the rules. I can't come if Jav host because his friend capacity has reached "maximum" and I can't join his lounge if I don't have him as a friend.

Seriously, I'll host. I have a very solid connection.
 
Hey, I can host!!! Why not?? I've got a solid connection, and I know the rules. I can't come if Jav host because his friend capacity has reached "maximum" and I can't join his lounge if I don't have him as a friend.

Seriously, I'll host. I have a very solid connection.

you can add me, I'm on Javs list
 
Oh, can it work that way? I can join Jav's lounge that way? Coolness, man! I'm not hosting anymore!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back