American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, can it work that way? I can join Jav's lounge that way? Coolness, man! I'm not hosting anymore!

yeah, once one of his friends, that is also on your list, is in the room, you can just follow them in.

lol, speaking of being friends with Jav... Jav did you know that on your GT5 Profile screen, your quote says "pedal trough the metal"
 
Last edited:
Room is up!

1472-6118-3615-5260-2301
 
Ok I'll be joining in in 5
 
I'm on my way in~

Guys please wait up for me it says on the OP races start at 9:15-9:30, so that's why I'm not in yet. Need to reconnect to internet.
 
OK guys I just don't get what is happening. Have a good race.

EDIT: was the room set to low quality textures and voice and stuff? I think I couldn't join because my internet connection is different now and it wasn't strong enough or something to match up to the room. I joined a few other rooms and had no issues whatsoever.

In fact I'm in my lounge now no problems whatsoever.

I'm NAT 3 now because of this crap. I need to buy internet :(
 
Last edited:
I got red engined on pace lap, you guys kept changing speeds rapidly.

Parked now, halfway through. Gonna enjoy the Boston game instead :)
 
Also it may have kicked me because NAT3s can't join non-fixed host (according to GT5 online manual).

Internet sucks...

Going to put this out of my mind and get ready for tomorrow's race. Good luck to everyone.
 
Last edited:
Just got through with the race. Man, that was crazy!!!

To start off with, the rolling start was a nightmare with the heavy damage. Jamixa or whatever his name is kept swerving and knocked my fender in giving me some damage before the race even STARTED. He needs to be knocked down to GTC or something... reckless driver. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Anyways, I zoomed forward ahead of the whole group to pit before they came around to start. I was about 10 seconds late, but within a lap caught up to t_ray_z28. I passed him and was catching up to Jav when I locked up into Arnage and got damage (I'll admit that was my fault). Anyways, I chose not to pit with the damage and incredibly still caught up to Jav and passed him. We had a drafting battle.

I then got loose when an LMP car passed me and I crashed into the wall but didn't spin. I still didn't come into the pits until a further crash forced me to. I took on a large load of fuel and started again. This time, FlyinHawaiian made the same mistake as Anthony Davidson did last Le Mans - he forced me out in the Porsche curves. It was IDENTICAL to the 2010 Peugeot/Corvette incident.

A lot of people were messing around and Blaze needs to tone it down a bit.

On the positive side it was great fun despite the unfairness.

P.S. Blaze I DON'T CUT CORNERS UNLESS I BRAKE TOO LATE!!! :|

Kind of crazy, but fun.
 
Btw nice racing Jav. Sorry if I gave you a shove into a corner. It was that blasted damage.
 
Just got through with the race. Man, that was crazy!!!

To start off with, the rolling start was a nightmare with the heavy damage. Jamixa or whatever his name is kept swerving and knocked my fender in giving me some damage before the race even STARTED. He needs to be knocked down to GTC or something... reckless driver. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Anyways, I zoomed forward ahead of the whole group to pit before they came around to start. I was about 10 seconds late, but within a lap caught up to t_ray_z28. I passed him and was catching up to Jav when I locked up into Arnage and got damage (I'll admit that was my fault). Anyways, I chose not to pit with the damage and incredibly still caught up to Jav and passed him. We had a drafting battle.

I then got loose when an LMP car passed me and I crashed into the wall but didn't spin. I still didn't come into the pits until a further crash forced me to. I took on a large load of fuel and started again. This time, FlyinHawaiian made the same mistake as Anthony Davidson did last Le Mans - he forced me out in the Porsche curves. It was IDENTICAL to the 2010 Peugeot/Corvette incident.

A lot of people were messing around and Blaze needs to tone it down a bit.

On the positive side it was great fun despite the unfairness.

P.S. Blaze I DON'T CUT CORNERS UNLESS I BRAKE TOO LATE!!! :|

Kind of crazy, but fun.


Tone it down???

What did i do. I never raced anyone. Here was my race. I was in the lead the entire race. After the prosche curves on the first lap i had enough if a gap that no one could draft me.

I wasnt even in your class?? Esta loca!

In addition NEPTUNE!!. I NEVER said U cut corners! I simply said DONT CUT CORNERS to everone!!

Someone ELSE SAID that you cut CORNERS!!.

P.S. stay on my good side
 
Blaze_409
P.S. stay on my good side

yeah Neptune you wouldn't want somebody switching your soft slicks for hards behind your back :lol:
 
I was the one that said he cut corners, because each time I was behind him, and in practice, watching it from the main menu, he WAS! Maybe it's just because I'm in an asshole mood, but I'm sticking by what I said I saw, and as for the "only when I was braking too late", well, apperantly that's most turns.
 
so...anyone wanna tell who won in each class at least?

Also what do you consider cutting corners? I say 2 wheels on asphalt counts as staying on :) I heard McNish or someone saying to "jump" or "bump" the curbs on the final chicane at Le Mans to get good time, guessing he meant only a wheel or two.
 
so...anyone wanna tell who won in each class at least?

Also what do you consider cutting corners? I say 2 wheels on asphalt counts as staying on :)

Blaze_409 won LMP
Jav won GTE
 
Good job Blaze! Good job Jav! At least our team might be getting SOME points this season...

PS I promise to get this internet thing figured. If I can't get out of crap speed would anyone be opposed to running fixed host rooms from now on? Especially if the host has good connection? Also low rendered graphics and no/low voice (think it was set to that anyway) would be best so no one has to drop.
 
Good job Blaze! Good job Jav! At least our team might be getting SOME points this season...

PS I promise to get this internet thing figured. If I can't get out of crap speed would anyone be opposed to running fixed host rooms from now on? Especially if the host has good connection? Also low rendered graphics and no/low voice (think it was set to that anyway) would be best so no one has to drop.

Some points? WE ARE TAKING THIS CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :p
 
so...anyone wanna tell who won in each class at least?

Also what do you consider cutting corners? I say 2 wheels on asphalt counts as staying on :) I heard McNish or someone saying to "jump" or "bump" the curbs on the final chicane at Le Mans to get good time, guessing he meant only a wheel or two.

I consider driving over the speed bumps outside the rumble strips corner cutting. Be nice if that would jack with your suspension under heavy damage so that wouldn't happen.

Jav
Some points? WE ARE TAKING THIS CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :p

I'll be taking last by the way things keep going.
 
Yep, so long as I stay connected I'll fight tooth and nail!

I might actually have to pay for internet (gasp) if this doesn't work. I think the person beneath me moved out and took her internet with her! Now the connection I'm using is garbage.
 
I consider driving over the speed bumps outside the rumble strips corner cutting. Be nice if that would jack with your suspension under heavy damage so that wouldn't happen.



I'll be taking last by the way things keep going.

You mean like drifting left into the blue while turning from Tertre Rouge into the Mulsanne Straight? Or cutting through to the right? Or both?

P.S. don't let these races get you down or anything. I occupied last place for all of season 1 :p
 
You mean like drifting left into the blue while turning from Tertre Rouge into the Mulsanne Straight? Or cutting through to the right? Or both?

P.S. don't let these races get you down or anything. I occupied last place for all of season 1 :p

both, but what I remember specifically was watching more than half the car go over the speedbumps at the ford chicanes, then going damn near fully out of bounds in a few spots between dunlop curve and tertre rouge.
 
Blaze,

You're extremely caps-happy - that's was I mean. And I'm pretty sure t_ray_z28 said something about me cutting the curves and then you saying "I really, really hate corner cutters. Also, you brag too much and moaned when the race didn't start at your time. All I'm saying is is go with the flow a little more and keep humble.

On the positive side of things, Blaze, you ran an excellent race unlike some others. You deserved to win because of your skill.

All I'm saying is to remember that the world doesn't revolve around you, that's all, and not to post threats.

All the best,
Neptune35
 
Also, t_ray_z28, I would be very careful if I were you, accusing me of cutting corners and such. I will challenge you to a race at Monaco, just 10 laps, in two identical stock Corvettes tomorrow. Then we will see who is cutting corners.

I'm in an a***ole mood, too, right now, because I got cheated in that race. So I would appreciate it if you let up on the cut-downs. Let's keep this series peaceful and not full of petty rivalries.
 
I'll be taking last by the way things keep going.

For real! Dude you had me looking back the whole race! You did an exellent race and got me on the pits, what got us both is that we raced where we sholdnt have raced but where too hard headed to give up. It was just a pre-season race and it was ment to learn, and learned we did! I know we will fight this thing out all season long and is gonna be awsome!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back