American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,708 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
gnsnprwldwsl
We need to fix pace laps.

There's nothing wrong with the lap, FIA does it fine. It's the guys who take pole and decide to take up 150kmph then swing back down to 80 within one straight. If it was a regular season race I'd be smoked but it needs to be 102km/60mph CONSISTENT.
 
Also, like FIA, we need to establish a rule officially for no swerving- all it does is wear your tires and crash people.
 
Hey guys, I'm sorry for cutting the corners. I think some people exaggerated, but I probably did a little. I honestly didn't make up too much time with it, though. Only did a little cutting on Dunlop and Mulsanne chicanes. I promise not to do it again. I probably responded a little harshly to this because I was mad at getting crashed out.
 
Lol it's alright I cut a few as well but it's okay when you're in last ;)
 
Ok, I apologize for the swerving part. My misinformation for thinking that the swerving would help me tires warmed up. My bad, neptune.

But this is the 2nd time where the pace lap went bad. The pace was thoroughly uneven with constant speed changes. The whole pack was way too bunched up. And the 2 classes should be apart from one another. Plus, people kept pushing it and following too closely.

Iono, I don't like to complain too much and really wants to jus race, gonna be okay, doo dooloo, just race, hit that apex babe, doo dooloo, just race, gonna finish kay? Just race!
 
gnsnprwldwsl
Iono, I don't like to complain too much and really wants to jus race, gonna be okay, doo dooloo, just race, hit that apex babe, doo dooloo, just race, gonna finish kay? Just race!

lolwut?

And yeah I was actually almost pissing myself because we'd be doing 150 down Mulsanne next thing I know were 6 wide and stopped lmfao.
 
Guys giving each other room is so easy!
Don't understand why is it that people want to ride each others bumper on the pace lap, sure you need to bunch up on the front straight, but bumping all the damn pace lap? Come on guys! You can do better!
 
Rich77
lolwut?

And yeah I was actually almost pissing myself because we'd be doing 150 down Mulsanne next thing I know were 6 wide and stopped lmfao.

Lady Gaga, yo!
 
Sorry for running into you on the pace lap Rich. Watched the replay and saw that BMW swerve and stop in front of you, and I noticed too late, didn't give myself anywhere to go.

Results:

1. Blaze_409 (LMP)
2. Parabulla (LMP)
3. FlyinHawaiian77 (LMP)
4. rafinagoya (LMP)
5. gtamann123 (LMP)
6. Jav122678 (GT)
7. neptune35 (GT)
8. t_ray_z28 (GT)
9. THAT_GUY_2 (GT)
10. Rich77 (GT)

As far as Blaze is concerned, I had to watch the replay to get to the results, so I watched his first seven laps. On his second racing lap he posted a 3:25:108 which was four seconds faster than the next fastest car all race, and it was clean. In fact all seven of his first laps were clean, and I didn't feel the need to examine further.

(I define clean as keeping two wheels within the racing lines at all times, and less than half the car on any curbing.)
 
Regarding regs:

We should define a specific corner on the track, before the race, where the cars begin to line up for the start on the pace lap. It would give everyone a chance to spread out, do their warm-up rituals, and then pack back up in an organized fashion.

I haven't seen the post with the hp limit for the LMP class, could I get a link to the finalized regs? The specs on the first page of this thread and the graphic in our photo gallery don't show that specification. I'd like to see if anything else has changed.
 
I forget who was in the Lambo but sorry if I forced you off the road. It wasnt my intent to force you off. I actually dont think I did. Seemed like you were trying to race mein the turns and you went off. Anyway, thats not my style of racing at all. I cant stand when it happens to me so I try my best not to do it to other people.

On the pace laps I usually always try to stay to the side of the car ahead if me. Works out pretty good for me. Dont think I've run into anyone yet on the pace lap. There were a couple of times where blaze and I would get too far ahead of the pack so he paused to tell everyone to keep up. Other times we slowed down to let everyone catch up without the pause. I dunno what it is about FIA but we always seem to get it right there.
 
Also, t_ray_z28, I would be very careful if I were you, accusing me of cutting corners and such. I will challenge you to a race at Monaco, just 10 laps, in two identical stock Corvettes tomorrow. Then we will see who is cutting corners.

I'm in an a***ole mood, too, right now, because I got cheated in that race. So I would appreciate it if you let up on the cut-downs. Let's keep this series peaceful and not full of petty rivalries.

I'm probably being such and ass because my girlfriend just left me dude, so **** you! I dont give 2 ***** what the hell you or anybody else thinks!
 
Throw down t_ray! Throw Down!

But seriously, whats with the petty squabbling thats been on the forums lately?....
 
Blaze,

You're extremely caps-happy - that's was I mean. And I'm pretty sure t_ray_z28 said something about me cutting the curves and then you saying "I really, really hate corner cutters. Also, you brag too much and moaned when the race didn't start at your time. All I'm saying is is go with the flow a little more and keep humble.

On the positive side of things, Blaze, you ran an excellent race unlike some others. You deserved to win because of your skill.

All I'm saying is to remember that the world doesn't revolve around you, that's all, and not to post threats.

All the best,
Neptune35



Brag, Post threats? They dont script this stuff do they?
 
Anyone watching the race?
 
Yeah used to be peaceful around here. I honestly think its because the league/league's have goten bigger. Lot of new names that were still trying to get used to.

Blaze, I can see where he would come off saying that you were bragging. But damn it, you can back it up. :lol:

Gatrs, I dunno what I want to do as far as car selection and class. The Audi was a blast to drive last night. But I like the racing in the GT class better. We're def. closer together which offers more racing for me. Dont know if I'm good enough to step up to LMP just yet. I still dont know if I want to stick with the Lambo either. Honestly after so many tests with Mitch in the Vette I'm finding it harder and harder to go away from it. SEE WHAT YOU DID MITCH!!!. Anyway, I'll have something ready by race day.
 
Yeah used to be peaceful around here. I honestly think its because the league/league's have goten bigger. Lot of new names that were still trying to get used to.

Blaze, I can see where he would come off saying that you were bragging. But damn it, you can back it up. :lol:

Gatrs, I dunno what I want to do as far as car selection and class. The Audi was a blast to drive last night. But I like the racing in the GT class better. We're def. closer together which offers more racing for me. Dont know if I'm good enough to step up to LMP just yet. I still dont know if I want to stick with the Lambo either. Honestly after so many tests with Mitch in the Vette I'm finding it harder and harder to go away from it. SEE WHAT YOU DID MITCH!!!. Anyway, I'll have something ready by race day.

How bout we go Audi?
 
Sad to hear last nights race didn't go well for some people.

Here's a link to the onboard corvette camera at Le Mans. I don't know it its something thats going to stay with the corvette the entire time, but its pretty cool.

http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

and here's the whole race... its in french though.

http://fr.justin.tv/motors_racing_tv#/w/1321456704/2

Man, I wish the RM Corvette sounded like that in GT5.

Holy Crap! McNish already destroyed one of the Audi's.

http://jalopnik.com/5810990/watch-allan-mcnish-destroy-his-audi-r18-in-horrific-crash
 
Last edited:
PD really effed up with the sound for the Corvette, its one of its biggest drawcards....

And I may go back to GT, testing with the Audi and its making me wonder how a car with so much grip is so easy to spin out in not even a tight corner off throttle....just ridiculous.
 
PD really effed up with the sound for the Corvette, its one of its biggest drawcards....

And I may go back to GT, testing with the Audi and its making me wonder how a car with so much grip is so easy to spin out in not even a tight corner off throttle....just ridiculous.

I bought one of the Peugot 908's, just for fun, and was surprised at how difficult it was to handle. You feel every single bump, and, I know I'm not the worlds best driver, but I thought it was really easy to spin out.
 
The 908 is easier to drive than the Audi but the camber of the corners at Laguna Seca just makes it so easy to spin out. I'm looking loving at my easy to drive Corvette again.....
 
Sad to hear last nights race didn't go well for some people.

Here's a link to the onboard corvette camera at Le Mans. I don't know it its something thats going to stay with the corvette the entire time, but its pretty cool.

http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

You can watch speed's race coverage there too. Just select it on the right hand side.
 
FlyinHawaiian,

That was me in the Lambo. It reminded me of the Anthony Davidson - Emmanuel Collard incident last year! Made me a little mad, but I've done that to people and I probably could have stopped it.
 
PD really effed up with the sound for the Corvette, its one of its biggest drawcards....

And I may go back to GT, testing with the Audi and its making me wonder how a car with so much grip is so easy to spin out in not even a tight corner off throttle....just ridiculous.

Shes a load to handle. The way I've got it set up now, she has 1000tq. I did some last minute testing with mapping the tcs to the dpad on the ds3. On the slower corners I eould turn it up to 1 and then set it back to 0 when Im back on the straights. Before this my best was I think a 3:33 and I was able to get down to I think a 3:29. So it looks promissing at the moment.
 
I've found a tune I'll tinker with, hopefully I can get the black rocket under control :dopey:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back