American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,713 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly test it and try it considering i suggested it at the race last night.
 
Talking about TT13 blaze...
 
Gogatrs. Let me know when you wanna test the Evora. Im slightly obsessed and would like to compare mine to your evora.
 
Last edited:
Evora sounds fun to drive.

well i just tested it and considering its meant to be Lotus's luxury car so its a bit soft and understeery. Certainly not fun like the Elise you mean. But it could be better with tuning
 
2011_01_14_evora.jpg


Would be a cool color scheme not too far off from the way I painted my Lotuses (Loti?)
 
Evora Update. So i got the weight to 1250kg just like all the other cars. And i just maxed out the horsepower.(This is without engine break in)(only changed the oil). The engine maxed at 472HP. I was able to hustle the car to a 1:58.1 on a mock qualy run . Keeping in mind that GTP_Potato pulled a 1:57.xxx out of the Viper this car is right where it needs to be. (The track was nurburgring GP/F)


in hindsight. Leaving behind the Ford GT. Gogatrs the Ford Gt desperately needs a power bump. I could only lap in the 2.00's consistently throwing in some 1.59's. My best lap in the ford that i tuned i could only muster a 1.58.9 best in the race(this was when GTP_Potato was hunting me down and i pushed that car to the max.)


Anyways nothing here is final. So take the evora out to the track and see what you feel.

I tested it a 1250kg. And 472HP. Have and go and make any horsepower adjustments you see fit.


Considering the engine break in period. I think that it should be run at 1250kg and 480hp like the other gt cars.
 
Last edited:
Really really would love to race the McLaren MP4-12C in GT...rumours going round we might see one soon in GTE IRL :D
 
Really really would love to race the McLaren MP4-12C in GT...rumours going round we might see one soon in GTE IRL :D

Id love to see you race. Try this. Take the car. lower the weight to 1250kg. Limit the horsepower to 480hp. Go to the nurburgring GP/F race track and tell us your lap times. Gogatrs has two cars to homologate now.


Gogatrs you have to homologate the Mclaren MP4-12c and the Lotus Evora
 
2:01...gonna try 500hp and see how that goes.

EDIT: 2:00.895 at 500hp....gonna need another 50hp just to cut the time down :dunce:

EDIT 2: Javs spec for the MP4-12C is 547/1250 so 550/1250 is close enough, getting 1:59s tho....

EDIT 17: I'd like to throw a curveball at you gatrs, can I run in LMP with the McLaren F1 GTR? In 1999 one was entered by Hitotsuyama Racing in an ACO event in Japan in the then new LMGTP class (for closed cockpit prototypes, same class the Bentley is from). If it had won its class it would have gone to Le Mans as a LMGTP which would have been quite amazing. 700hp/950kg puts it on par with the other prototypes lap time wise, let me know what you think.
 
Last edited:
Whos this NRGR joker?
 
Looking forward to seeing you NEXT Saturday. Had some personal issues that were completely out of my control so I couldn't race. But I'm back for the 1st race of the season! :)

I'll be back in a Lambo, of course!
 
Last edited:
sugarglider661
Looking forward to seeing you NEXT Saturday. Had some personal issues that were completely out of my control so I couldn't race. But I'm back for the 1st race of the season! :)

OK, but remember, no more GTC...

The McLaren will not be homologated until it participates in the real Le Mans. I'll start working with the Lotus.

And what are you complaining about with the Ford GT?
You won with it, didn't you?
 
And what are you complaining about with the Ford GT?
You won with it, didn't you?

Racing drivers will always complain! You know that gatrs.
 
I might be doing you a favor
Edit: look at the link japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces
 
Last edited:
OK, but remember, no more GTC...

The McLaren will not be homologated until it participates in the real Le Mans. I'll start working with the Lotus.

And what are you complaining about with the Ford GT?
You won with it, didn't you?

I think the common mistake is that your assuming that since the Ford GT LM Spec II race car is so good that makes the ford GT road car good. That is sooo far from the truth.


Let me tell you. During the race i could only lap in the 2:00's consistently. The car doesnt even handle well. Everyone will tell you the road car For GT understeers like a PIG. It doesnt have any handling advantage. Potato said bhe could lap in the 1.58's with a tuned Viper.


Along with okay handling i had no horsepower. I kept getting eaten alive on the straights.


The only reason i won in GTE was because everyone else made big msitakes and had huge spins. i had a perfect race. But the car isnt fast. Its not very competitive. I think you should review the spec.


All GTE cars should have 1250kg and 480hp like the rest.


T ray in the vette at 480hp kept outdragging me on the straight. The Ford GT needs 480 hp to be competitive. Test it out.


The Ford GT road car is nothing like the Ford GT LM Spec II race car. Eeryone will tell you that. It doesnt have a handling advantage. It just understeers.


i rang the neck of that car during the race.
 
OK, but compare it to the rest of the cars.
It had ridiculous amounts of grip.

Did you have the aero kit?

I thought that the Ford GT was one of the best handling cars out of all of those.
Remember, you had very little tuning time.



Guys, after this Friday, you are NOT allowed to switch classes.
 
I know this is a really low-res video. Sorry about that. Don't have a capture card... :yuck:

Anyways, this is my American Le Mans Laguna Seca testing video. Someone PLEASE have a capture card... it would be cool to post all the races on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moasriA_eIw

Is 1:24.894 a fast time? What are yours? I'd like to see some proof, too. :) Also, I'm starting an online practice room pretty soon.
 
sugarglider661
I know this is a really low-res video. Sorry about that. Don't have a capture card... :yuck:

Anyways, this is my American Le Mans Laguna Seca testing video. Someone PLEASE have a capture card... it would be cool to post all the races on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moasriA_eIw

Is this a fast time? What are yours? I'd like to see some proof, too. Also, I'm starting an online practice room pretty soon.

So you're going to switch to GT with the Gallardo I assume? :p
 
sugarglider661
I know this is a really low-res video. Sorry about that. Don't have a capture card... :yuck:

Anyways, this is my American Le Mans Laguna Seca testing video. Someone PLEASE have a capture card... it would be cool to post all the races on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moasriA_eIw

Is 1:24.894 a fast time? What are yours? I'd like to see some proof, too. :) Also, I'm starting an online practice room pretty soon.

Imo you're line thoughthe first sector was wrong, theres a second there I bet at, least a half a second.

I did only watch into lap 2 though, maybe you fixed?
 
Sugarglider, do you have wheel? It sure looked like it :P
 
OK, but compare it to the rest of the cars.
It had ridiculous amounts of grip.

Did you have the aero kit?


Guys, after this Friday, you are NOT allowed to switch classes.

Yeah but explain my 2.00 minute lap times.....while GTP_potato ran 1.58's. He was catching me at an alarming rate before he spun. My very best ringing the neck was a 1.58.9. This is fully tuned. Aero Kit included. The Ford GT is the opposite of it's LM SPec II cousin.


But anyway I more interested in the Lotus Evora.
 
Blaze_409
Yeah but explain my 2.00 minute lap times.....while GTP_potato ran 1.58's. He was catching me at an alarming rate before he spun. My very best ringing the neck was a 1.58.9. This is fully tuned. Aero Kit included. The Ford GT is the opposite of it's LM SPec II cousin.

But anyway I more interested in the Lotus Evora.

Was your car broken in?
Did you have ALL the modifications fitted?
 
Was your car broken in?
Did you have ALL the modifications fitted?

Yes absolutely. I chose the Ford GT because i have been racing it without the rear wing for 550ppp online racing. I just added the aero. The only difference between me and the other GT E cars was that they were hauling a** down the straights. I never actually made any passes on anyone in that car. It was either they went off track or pitted or crashed and that brough me from fourth on the grid to 1st. I think T_ray and GTP_Potato collided and i was able to pass for first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back