American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,723 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
rgc002-willis.jpg

+1
 
Can I still sign up? I can use a 458 Italia or Peugeot 908 Team Total
 
LtLeadFarmer
Can I still sign up? I can use a 458 Italia or Peugeot 908 Team Total

You may.
Read through the OP and fill out the "registration form."
 
What does "legality verification" mean? It's on one of your first posts.
 
sugarglider661
What does "legality verification" mean? It's on one of your first posts.

Checking the specs of each car that races.
 
Out of curiousity, how does one (that one being the moderator) do that?
 
sugarglider661
Out of curiousity, how does one (that one being the moderator) do that?

I change the regulations to fit the specs of the car that's going onto the track.
That car enters, specs are bumped up so the next car can come in, etc.
Didn't do it during preseason cause I was feeling lazy. :p
 
Alright gatrs Ive got a car Id like to enter, the McLaren F1. At 500/1250 its on pace, its been to Le Mans and won on debut plus earning a podium in 97 so its got pedigree and it was dominant in the BPR and FIA GT series for a year or two before the rules went downhill.
 
MitchZ06
Alright gatrs Ive got a car Id like to enter, the McLaren F1. At 500/1250 its on pace, its been to Le Mans and won on debut plus earning a podium in 97 so its got pedigree and it was dominant in the BPR and FIA GT series for a year or two before the rules went downhill.

Mitch, do you enjoy being a pain in the donkey? :dopey:
I doubt that car needs 500 HP to be competitive.
I'll look into it.
The Evora will be up by Wednesday evening everyone!
 
On the DS3 it does, with a wheel 480hp would do. Id do some testing with you but the council has the power off until 3...
 
I'll look into it tonight...
 
Mitch, do you enjoy being a pain in the donkey? :dopey:
I doubt that car needs 500 HP to be competitive.
I'll look into it.
The Evora will be up by Wednesday evening everyone!

Oh!!?! I know Regis! For $1,000,000, C. yes, Mitch likes being a pain! Final answer!
 
Blaze, have you broken in your Evora yet?
Mitch, how much do you want the F1 in this series?
 
Id give a kidney for it...
 
MitchZ06
Id give a kidney for it...

Well if that's the case...
:)
The McLaren F1's specs are: 470/1250
However, I need a cookie if you wish to use it...
 
Bit of a power cut...485hp tops?
 
Change for the support race:

* Corvette Sport Americana

Details: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 stock, non-RM, stock tires.
will be this week instead of the diesel race. The diesel race will be at Sarthe.
 
Why, oh WHY, are you racing the McLaren F1? Yes, it's a great car, but it's a decade+ outdated! I can actually see the MP4-12C racing inside of the F1. IMO, it's too old to be racing in this series. Also, gogatrs, I have to say, you're kinda slipping out of your zone of cars that are actually in the American Le Mans Series specifically. You shouldn't have the Lotus in there, IMO, because it hasn't raced in the ALMS. Neither has the McLaren F1 in all it's glory. I just don't know. I believe you need to stick to this real purpose and case of this racing organization: to race cars that CURRENTLY race in the American Le Mans Series. Just my opinion.

On a happier note, I have lowered my time to a 1:23.701 in my Viper. :)
 
Well we allow the '89 Minolta '99 GT-ONE and '99 BMW V12 LMR etc.
 
Wha? No reason to shake fist at "youth of today." Maybe because they're all faster.
 
Er mr hypocriteglider whos racing a viper in the ALMS?...
 
Laughs at youth of today. Quicker. That's what she sai...

never mind. I will restrain myself. :)
 
The Joel Feinberg/Chris Hall duo raced at every single race in '08. Closer to now than 1997 FOR GOD'S SAKE! ;)

And FYI Mr. Mitchell Z06 who has been racing McLaren in American Le Mans? Not anytime close to now... as a matter of fact, not in the whole history of the SERIES!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back