American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,725 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said currently not 3 years ago...
 
Can't stand the fire so you're getting out of the kitchen, eh? Fine. :)

My 2 cents is that since this is a fantasy ALMS series we could open up a bit. At least to cars like the Evora which are an exciting new edition to sports car racing.
 
Yeah, but we shouldn't go off about cars from '97 in the GT class for crying out loud! Fine, the Lotus is okay with me, but NOT the F1.
 
Watch out for the BLUE DODGE VIPER in Laguna Seca, TT13!!!!!! ;)
 
So I guess youd want to change GT to GT-Pro and -Am and allow only those that auto-grindea their way to the required levels and add a system that judges people plus a resume? Its a game for cripes sake, get over it. And no the McLaren isn't outdated, its lap times at Le Mans show it would be the fastest GT1 car if it were still running today, especially the 96 GTR.
 
So, how many GT entrants does that make now?
 
Call it lots and we're done :P gogatrs the McLaren will need the 500hp otherwise I won't keep up, at Laguna I can only manage a high 1:23 with the 500/1250 spec...
 
Well, he does make a good point.
I don't mind allowing the Lotus as much as it raced at Le Mans this year.
But the McLaren just doesn't seem to belong.
The MP4 seems to fit better.
I take back what I said, the McLaren F1 isn't allowed.
Maybe, maybe the MP4...
Plus, you haven't given me my cookie yet. :/
 
Dammit! You people make my head hurt! :P
 
No McLaren no cookie.
 
Cowboys965
Dammit! You people make my head hurt! :P

Dude, we have this smilie: :banghead: for a reason.
 
MitchZ06
No McLaren no cookie.

Haha Mitch your very stubborn just save us a few pages of arguments and pick a listed car. You can redeem my almost seat in the gorgeous DB9!
 
Rich77
Haha Mitch your very stubborn just save us a few pages of arguments and pick a listed car. You can redeem my almost seat in the gorgeous DB9!

You mean the car that's "porky and kinda slow?"
 
THAT GUY and I are going to be running RUFs together just as an FYI.
TT13 and Jav, you better watch your rear view mirrors.
The Germans are coming for you!
 
Cowboy, what class/car are you going to be doing?
 
Fun fact of the week, the last top level competitive outing for the F1 GTR was in 2005 in a ACO event in Japan iirc, about the same time the now 6 year old C6 Corvette showed up. I want my orange McLaren damnit...
 
MitchZ06
Fun fact of the week, the last top level competitive outing for the F1 GTR was in 2005 in a ACO event in Japan iirc, about the same time the now 6 year old C6 Corvette showed up. I want my orange McLaren damnit...

It helps if you spell dammit right.
And also, this isn't a GTPACO series, is it? ;)
 
The ACO license the 'Le Mans' name to the Panoz Group so they can call it the ALMS, it also runs to ACO regulations so if we use the GTPACO which last week had 2x F1s running it shouldnt be a problem for the GTPIMSA to allow a single entry.
 
You mean the car that's "porky and kinda slow?"
Well....it gives you more time to admire it's looks as it rolls by :P
TT13 and Jav, you better watch your rear view mirrors.
The Germans are coming for you!
"Proper ****ed?" "Yeah, before ze Germans get here."
snatch.jpg
 
Statham would say yes to a McLare...
 
I've gotten through about 1.5 hours of Le Mans which I've had DVRed.
McNish's crash... Was just insane.
Its amazing that nobody got hurt (yet) they're still under caution lol.
Just think about how different that would be had Audi used an open cockpit car...

But did you guys see the Audi commercial right before that crash with McNish in it?
The one where he's talking about all the stress the drivers endure?
Very rare that I post videos on Facebook, but that's something I had to show the world.
Very good clip, lemme dig up a YouTube link...
 
I've gotten through about 1.5 hours of Le Mans which I've had DVRed.
McNish's crash... Was just insane.
Both Audis crashing out pissed me off. Just goes to show, when they don't have rotten luck they will crush the Pugs (first place baby!)
 
On a happier note, I have lowered my time to a 1:23.701 in my Viper. :)

I did a 1:24.013 about an hour ago. First set of laps run so far.

THAT GUY and I are going to be running RUFs together just as an FYI.
TT13 and Jav, you better watch your rear view mirrors.
The Germans are coming for you!

they're even dropping out of the sky judging by last weeks ordeal!
 
Last edited:
Change for the support race:


will be this week instead of the diesel race. The diesel race will be at Sarthe.

whens the support race? with the ZR1?

*oops, didn't realize the last post was mine...
 
I WOULD like to see the McLaren MP4-12C '10 if this was a series that allowed any car for homologation. But it HASN'T EVEN RACED!

And Mitch, seriously, you're being an immature little stinker who wants everything his way. I understand strong will, but you've pushed it beyond that. I think you just need to take a CHILL PILL.

A couple of hours ago I lowered my time to a 1:23.608. It's just these lucky, golden laps like once every 15 times that bring home the times.
 
I WOULD like to see the McLaren MP4-12C '10 if this was a series that allowed any car for homologation. But it HASN'T EVEN RACED!

And Mitch, seriously, you're being an immature little stinker who wants everything his way. I understand strong will, but you've pushed it beyond that. I think you just need to take a CHILL PILL.

Interesting how people perceive things typed out over the interwebs. I'm not angry, frustrated or annoyed about this, I'm just pushing to include it because hey, its a game afterall. Are you annoyed about my comments regarding your failed series or is it just the fact I'm really keen on racing the F1?

I want one car, the McLaren F1, thats not everything.....choose your words a bit better next time....I haven't 'pushed it beyond that' either, pushing it too far would be going off my nuts about it and abusing gogatrs for not including it.

For the McLaren MP4-12C, July 30 it will be hammering around Spa for 24 hours which will be its competition debut.
 
It's not a matter of MY or YOUR words exactly, it's how it's phrased. Luckily I have gotten to do the real deal (raced in 250cc Superkarts and such) and was pretty successful, too. So I know people who's lives aren't anything but video games WOULD get a little mad at the world.

Please don't make enemies with me before the season has started. I respect your opinion if you aren't so pushy about it. Pushiness is a quality I don't respect.

Also, regarding the 'failed' series, I chose to shut it down because, #1: I had some family issues completely out of my control and #2: I felt like I was in a little over my head. It didn't fail, Mitch, as I'm sure you choose to assume, I simply closed it down because it wasn't taking off like I thought it would (although I did get comments from people like "why did you shut it down???" and the like) and that I merely lost focus and interest because of other issues.

Thanks ------

Sugarglider661
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back