American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,725 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what's the most power you can get put of your broken in Evoras?
Qualifying is on Thursday, but it looks as if it'll be pushed back later again.
I've got commencement, I'm not sure what time itll go to...
 
Sorry, my bad. I didn't set 1:23s. Must have mispoken. This is really kinda bad that I can't seem to keep up. I'm going to adjust the spring rate because my car is fighting severe oversteer.
 
sugarglider661
Sorry, my bad. I didn't set 1:23s. Must have mispoken. This is really kinda bad that I can't seem to keep up. I'm going to adjust the spring rate because my car is fighting severe oversteer.

People commonly mistake power oversteer for suspension oversteer. At neutral power it wants to oversteer?
 
What gives less understeer? Higher spring rate or lower? And any1 know about dampers and compression?
 
What gives less understeer? Higher spring rate or lower? And any1 know about dampers and compression?

In the real world that would be soft front and stiff rear.
 
I'm at a really low 1:26 but that's it for now. Almost a 1:25 but I crashed.
 
Guys join my lounge.
If you're not friends with me, FR gogatrs...
 
Woohoo! 1:23.959 baby! I adjusted stuff and it WORKED!

DSC00289.JPG


Sorry it's huge. ;)
 
Also, if you want to minimize oversteer, simply raise the front spring rate in relation to the back. If you overall make the spring rate higher, add damper compression, or the car will bounce around like a boat. So have you gotten any better times, T Ray?
 
Last edited:
Guys join my lounge.
If you're not friends with me, it's probably because I hate you and think you smell like toenails, so don't bother....

... what he ment to say... what a jerk

Also, if you want to minimize oversteer, simply raise the front spring rate in relation to the back. If you overall make the spring rate higher, add damper compression, or the car will bounce around like a boat. So have you gotten any better times, T Ray?

No, just got home from work, now going for a run, then shower, then dinner, then probably GT
 
it's so hot and humid :X

it's 81 and mildly humid here... I just got back, ran a mile. Plus, I work in it all day, so I'm kind of used to it.
 
Hey I heard it broke 100 today around where I live. And it rained. Felt like I was in a steam house.

Oh btw...sorry this deserves its own post...1 sec....
 
I suppose my car is as prepared as its going to be before the big race on Friday. Tried several other times and couldn't beat the 1:23.959. Oh well. I'm sure someone else will get the pole, but who cares? It's about lasting the longest and staying out of trouble (which I didn't really do LAST time ;) ) I wonder what Jav's times are. He was the one who challenged me and ended up passing me because of my mistake at the last pre-season race at La Sarthe. Probably 1:23.5s, but I ran a Ferrari and for some reason I still couldn't go any faster than the time I had in the Viper (with the best setup I could only manage a 1:24.059 in my Ferrari. Have been spending some time today with tuning the car, which proved a lot more difficult than I had thought... I have experience in tuning but for some reason the Viper was being a little finicky and I kept braking too late and sliding out into the gravel.
 
I got a G25 a couple of years ago and I'm thinking about using it. Although I've gotten so accustomed to the regular consol that I'm hesitant.
 
What times have you been getting with your new G25 setup, TT13?
 
Didn't have time to get used to it yet, unfortunately. Had to go to work :(.

My times were about the same at first but like I said it is a huge difference to get used to. throwing my wheel all the way left and right on every turn versus such slight movements in this wheel, plus the pedal pressures.

I'll be on it quite a bit soon as I can tho :) Will report back with improvements...
 
Power outage. :/
Posting from my iPod.
Was fun guys, cant wait for the race!
 
gogatrs
Power outage. :/
Posting from my iPod.
Was fun guys, cant wait for the race!

I'm on my iPod too :D and TT13 you lucky 🤬 I want a dfgt or Porsche carrera fanatec though
 
Cowboys965
I'm on my iPod too :D and TT13 you lucky 🤬 I want a dfgt or Porsche carrera fanatec though

You're in CT too right?
Shipping would be cheap...
How much would you pay for a DFGT that's in perfect condition?
I want an H Shifter sooooo bad.
And TT13, where'd you get your G25? eBay?
 
gogatrs
You're in CT too right?
Shipping would be cheap...
How much would you pay for a DFGT that's in perfect condition?
I want an H Shifter sooooo bad.
And TT13, where'd you get your G25? eBay?

I wants a new one :D $99 at gamestop
 
Cowboys965
I wants a new one :D $99 at gamestop

$99?!?!?
Are you sure that's the DFGT?
 
gogatrs
$99?!?!?
Are you sure that's the DFGT?

On the website the GT symbol on it with the shifter built into the side
 
Cowboys965
On the website the GT symbol on it with the shifter built into the side

What color?
Link?
That seems outrageously cheap as they're $150 from Logitech...
 
I got really lucky and found some guy on craigs list who wasn't really in touch with what they were going for and wanted to sell it fast, was asking $150obo. I'm like, I'll pay 150 are you kidding? Was suspicious but he brought it to me to test out and I just plugged it into GT5 and it worked! Button set up really isn't bad either, left to look back and right to flash lights. Really the only things I use. Everything else is on the shifter if I really need it.

At least, it works so far...hoping he didn't have a dealer mechanic that fixed it up to seem like it works :p

If not I was going to get Jav's Carrera wheel or a new DFGT. Sorry Jav, didn't mean to cheat you out of 100 big ones ;)
 
I suppose my car is as prepared as its going to be before the big race on Friday. Tried several other times and couldn't beat the 1:23.959. Oh well. I'm sure someone else will get the pole, but who cares? It's about lasting the longest and staying out of trouble (which I didn't really do LAST time ;) ) I wonder what Jav's times are. He was the one who challenged me and ended up passing me because of my mistake at the last pre-season race at La Sarthe. Probably 1:23.5s, but I ran a Ferrari and for some reason I still couldn't go any faster than the time I had in the Viper (with the best setup I could only manage a 1:24.059 in my Ferrari. Have been spending some time today with tuning the car, which proved a lot more difficult than I had thought... I have experience in tuning but for some reason the Viper was being a little finicky and I kept braking too late and sliding out into the gravel.

he he.. I got a 1:23.459. Ignore the "fastest lap". Fly'n did that in an RM RX7.
:sly:

2.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back