American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,767 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that being the case as it really seems more of a close circuit car. Tho there were a few at Sarthe and that track isn't very close.
 
Well, seeing as I'm now in charge of this series and not sugarglider, I may allow it.
But what's wrong with the Ferraris?
 
Nothing we're just fickle beings.
I'd like to give it a shot and see if I get better times with it tho, just for funzies. What were the specs?








I might ask sugarglider just be be sure it's okay.
 
The Evora was 1250 KG and no HP limit.
Jav, watching the replay now, how the hell did you last that long on those tires?!?!?!?!?!
 
Anyone got lap times for Nurb? 8:39 doesn't seem like its gonna set the world on fire...

Jav, watching the replay now, how the hell did you last that long on those tires?!?!?!?!?!

Jav loves pulling that party trick, remember last season at La Sarthe 2005 and that great battle between the Aston and Corvette?
 
Can I please have some more hp sir? I've been ever so nice....:dopey:
 
The Evora was 1250 KG and no HP limit.
Jav, watching the replay now, how the hell did you last that long on those tires?!?!?!?!?!

Lol!! That's the only card I had left to play after having a glider crash landed into me and taking me out of contention, had to extend the stint as long as possible and get the possition back on the pits.
 
The F1 is surprisingly fun and easy to drive, great brakes and just a zippy little car in general. Still, not a favorite but it is quite good.

Evora seems, I don't know. With all that added weight on such a small car it seems to really negatively affect the handling IMO. The braking seems lacking, it's either penduluming into an oversteer or understeering like crazy depending on where the ballast is placed. I like the car but maybe not for me for this series. Just seems...like it would need a TON of tuning to get to where I have the Italia.

I set a pretty average time at Laguna Seca in the Evora without much effort, a high 1:25ish. But then blew that away in the 458 by about half a second and got close to 1:24s. I love the way it looks, sounds, handles, always have loved lotus racing, but the weight makes it quite a tuning nightmare IMO. Don't know if I have the energy to lean into her that hard.
 
Anyone got lap times for Nurb? 8:39 doesn't seem like its gonna set the world on fire...



Jav loves pulling that party trick, remember last season at La Sarthe 2005 and that great battle between the Aston and Corvette?


Can I please have some more hp sir? I've been ever so nice....:dopey:

.....Well i did an 8:20 in a nissan GTR...Not my Ford Gt lol....hold your kangaroos lolol
 
Classic, I'm not Australian buddy but I do eat the roos, quite tasty, its almost like pork crossed with beef with no fat.

Yeah an 8:20 in a GTR is believable, what spec was it?
 
The F1 is surprisingly fun and easy to drive, great brakes and just a zippy little car in general. Still, not a favorite but it is quite good.

Evora seems, I don't know. With all that added weight on such a small car it seems to really negatively affect the handling IMO. The braking seems lacking, it's either penduluming into an oversteer or understeering like crazy depending on where the ballast is placed. I like the car but maybe not for me for this series. Just seems...like it would need a TON of tuning to get to where I have the Italia.

I set a pretty average time at Laguna Seca in the Evora without much effort, a high 1:25ish. But then blew that away in the 458 by about half a second and got close to 1:24s. I love the way it looks, sounds, handles, always have loved lotus racing, but the weight makes it quite a tuning nightmare IMO. Don't know if I have the energy to lean into her that hard.

Let's just carjack Mitch and use the F1!!
 
He gets ornery if you offer him a Fosters :p

Actually I think actual Australians would get ornery if you offered them Fosters that stuff is crap...

Sorry about the practice session Mitch. Next time. When stealing actually benefits the thief instead of leaving them with crap internet...

@Jav I'll distract him with distasteful Fosters jokes you grab the keys.
 
@ Jav :scared:

He gets ornery if you offer him a Fosters :p

Actually I think actual Australians would get ornery if you offered them Fosters that stuff is crap...
They actually like that terrible terrible crap, it ain't beer, its just flavoured water! Tui is where its at :sly:

Sorry about the practice session Mitch. Next time. When stealing actually benefits the thief instead of leaving them with crap internet...

@Jav I'll distract him with distasteful Fosters jokes you grab the keys.
No worries man, decided to let my bobs run the Nurb for 4 hours to put more miles on the McLaren, currently leading the Audi R8 LMS (500/1250 spec tho...).

And no, since the bobs are driving it the keys are gonna be hard to catch! :p
 
Last edited:
Classic, I'm not Australian buddy but I do eat the roos, quite tasty, its almost like pork crossed with beef with no fat.

:crazy::sick::boggled::odd:You eat Kangaroo!?!:odd:
 
Yeah its one of the healthiest meats available and tastes pretty damn good too, cheap as makes it a bonus.
 
Yeah its one of the healthiest meats available and tastes pretty damn good too, cheap as makes it a bonus.

I've never had it so who am i to judge lol.
 
Just had a major epiphany moment....After trying and trying with my McLaren F1 to get under 1:24 at Laguna with the 460/1250 spec I went off and bought another F1 because I wanted the Marlboro white (fickle little things...). Well having put the aero kit on it, given it an oil change and a new close ratio tranny, custom diff and some sticky rubber it not only got under 1:24 it feels sooo much better to drive. Compared to the orange F1 it doesn't have all the torque or racing parts but its just faster in general. Looks like the white/gold rims F1 will be the chariot for NRGR this season :dopey:
 
Me and my Ford GT. First ALMS season 2. Then the World!
 
MitchZ06
Classic, I'm not Australian buddy but I do eat the roos, quite tasty, its almost like pork crossed with beef with no fat.

Yeah an 8:20 in a GTR is believable, what spec was it?

Oh wait your from new Zealand right? Hold your zorbs lolol
 
Yes I am from New Zealand....zorbs?
 
Er better check your link...
 
MitchZ06
Er better check your link...

If your on iPod you have to click the name of the thread above and click the link there, or copy and paste it into safari, or if your on computer, copy and paste it into your URL
 
Getting the same result, just some random clips :S
 
So I'll throw it out there I've nailed a 2:02 at Suzuka (race 3), eat it :dopey:
 
MitchZ06
So I'll throw it out there I've nailed a 2:02 at Suzuka (race 3), eat it :dopey:

I thought we were racing at GP/F :S
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back