American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,767 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, next race which is race 2 is at Nurb 24Hr, the race after that is Suzuka.
 
I thought we were racing at GP/F :S

That's what the OP says.

*edit* Well, it says "Nurburgring 24 Hour Course." I always get the different Nurburgring variations mixed up.

I'll be out of town for the holiday this weekend, and most likely will miss the race Friday.

But, if you guys know of anyone that would like to be a substitute driver for a week, and use the Aston Martin, and if gogatrs is ok with it, I'd love to give that a shot.
 
*Neptune35 secret account*
 
He hasn't been on GTP for a few days now, must be racing those badass shifterkarts he harps on about, pinnacle of racing that is, forget F1 and Le Mans! :dunce:
 
TK42OnE
That's what the OP says.

*edit* Well, it says "Nurburgring 24 Hour Course." I always get the different Nurburgring variations mixed up.

I'll be out of town for the holiday this weekend, and most likely will miss the race Friday.

But, if you guys know of anyone that would like to be a substitute driver for a week, and use the Aston Martin, and if gogatrs is ok with it, I'd love to give that a shot.

Saturday?

I am for hire! ;)
 
I'll happy fund you a seat for NRG Racing as sadly I may not make the race, fancy a McLaren?
 
Saturday?

I am for hire! ;)

Unless things have been changed (this thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up) it's on Friday night at 8:00pm est.

And, there is a qualifying session Thursday.

*I thought you were in the series though. I get mixed up with different PSN/GTPlanet usernames... I'm still not sure who sugarglider is. :)
 
I was looking to run full schedule in the beginning. However time constraints left me on the reserve list.
 
I was looking to run full schedule in the beginning. However time constraints left me on the reserve list.

Ah. Well, if you can make the race on Friday, and the qualifying on Thursday, I can gift the car to you this afternoon.

I'm not much of a tuner, and have never taken it on the Nurburgring track, so you'll probably want to do some work to it.
 
How's this time seem?
8:59:644
 
I'll put a couple laps in tonight.... Wonder if a sub 7 minute its possible.... Never driven a lmp on the 24hr/Nordschleife before.
 
I'll put a couple laps in tonight.... Wonder if a sub 7 minute its possible.... Never driven a lmp on the 24hr/Nordschleife before.

Off course it is!
 
Hey, can I join? I think this sounds really professional. I'm new to GT5 but I assure you I am a clean sim racer, having raced in several other series like Forza and GT4 and GT5 prologue.

So, here's my entry pass...

GTP: Lord Voldemort
PSN: lvoldemort666
Class: GT
Car: McLaren F1

Awesome. Can't make all of the races, unfortunately, but I'll try my best to make time. Also I can't make qualifying next week but I can make the race. I'll have to start at the back, right?
 
Jav
Off course it is!

is this a play on words or you think it is? Lol... I figure bottom 6 minute, maybe a high 5 at Nordscheife, and about 1:10-1:20 for GP/D.. So will be close. Hard to be prefect for 14 miles...
 
t_ray_z28
that with the Vette? I'll run some later maybe and see where we're at in comparison.

Yea just a quick lap, no tuning, and came off the pavement a few times lol
 
Lord Voldemort
Hey, can I join? I think this sounds really professional. I'm new to GT5 but I assure you I am a clean sim racer, having raced in several other series like Forza and GT4 and GT5 prologue.

So, here's my entry pass...

GTP: Lord Voldemort
PSN: lvoldemort666
Class: GT
Car: McLaren F1

Awesome. Can't make all of the races, unfortunately, but I'll try my best to make time. Also I can't make qualifying next week but I can make the race. I'll have to start at the back, right?

You're in!
But if you can't make the qualy, there's so many people in GT, that you probably won't be able to race.
Only guys that raced last season are allowed to skip qualy and start at the back.
LMP would be different though since there's fewer people.

As for the tracks/schedule, it's gonna get changed a little bit as we go throughout the season.
This is because I'd like to have roughly the same schedule as Jav's FIA series so we can all practice together...
 
I'm not sure how to tune the tranny to this track. The 458 seems perfectly tuned to the smaller track (the dolphin shaped part, gp/f or whatever it's called), hitting the top of 7th on the longest straits, but I hit top end way early on the long end strait before the finish line. Does it make sense to tune to a strait that is like 1% of the track?

EDIT: also looking at internet and looks like the affordable option is .5 to 1 mbps download speed, is that enough to play on PSN?
 
Last edited:
Hey, gogatrs. Sorry, but I just remembered I can't do it on Fridays. They are my busy days and I can't put forth the time. I'm SO sorry about this... getting everyone excited about a new member and then backing out. But I can't do Fridays... :(
 
is this a play on words or you think it is? Lol... I figure bottom 6 minute, maybe a high 5 at Nordscheife, and about 1:10-1:20 for GP/D.. So will be close. Hard to be prefect for 14 miles...

It's doable, My quali for last season was a 6:4x.xxx IIRC on the Pug, so it's definitely possible!
 
Ate we at 24 hour or Nordshcliefe? 24 hour right?
 
TK42OnE
Ah. Well, if you can make the race on Friday, and the qualifying on Thursday, I can gift the car to you this afternoon.

I'm not much of a tuner, and have never taken it on the Nurburgring track, so you'll probably want to do some work to it.

I will make the race for sure. Needing the track time on the Ring for Sunday's final race.

As for car, if you wanna send it, that will work. However I have no issues building one up to specs.

Do you want me in your colors. Which makes sense and is fine by me.

See if gatrs will allow you to sub a driver for a race. If so I prefer points goes to the car and you. That however is his call.
 
MitchZ06
I'll happy fund you a seat for NRG Racing as sadly I may not make the race, fancy a McLaren?

While I'd love to wheel the McLaren, gotta deal working with the Aston.
 
Last edited:
LMP and that track isn't a good combo.... Hopefully I'm just having an off day, couldn't link anything and only ran a 7:40 iirc..
 
I don't know what iirc means... what is it?
 
I will make the race for sure. Needing the track time on the Ring for Sunday's final race.

As for car, if you wanna send it, that will work. However I have no issues building one up to specs.

Do you want me in your colors. Which makes sense and is fine by me.

See if gatrs will allow you to sub a driver for a race. If so I prefer points goes to the car and you. That however is his call.

I'll send you the car. I'm interested to see how it performs with someone else behind the wheel... and under the hood.

I will contact gogatr, but I'm certainly not interested in the points, and have no illusions of winning the series. Just wanted to try this as an experiment I've been thinking about for a little while.
 
TK42OnE
I'll send you the car. I'm interested to see how it performs with someone else behind the wheel... and under the hood.

I will contact gogatr, but I'm certainly not interested in the points, and have no illusions of winning the series. Just wanted to try this as an experiment I've been thinking about for a little while.

Not claiming to be any type of pro or tuner. But I will send the tune used for your review if happen to have some luck with it.

I will be quoting Austin Powers while I drive her. Yea Baby.

If you happened to have painted the car. It will revert to stock color when sent. Be sure u include the chip if it was indeed painted later. :)
 
OwensRacing
Not claiming to be any type of pro or tuner. But I will send the tune used for your review if happen to have some luck with it.

I will be quoting Austin Powers while I drive her. Yea Baby.

If you happened to have painted the car. It will revert to stock color when sent. Be sure u include the chip if it was indeed painted later. :)

No way! I did not know that. I'll send the chip later tonight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back