American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,292 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a Fun race, i realley love that track!! sorry to hear all the conection problems. Im gonna run the GTclass in the M3 bmw. Ill keep workin on my LMP bmw..though.
 
During the race at Daytona what kind of times were the LMPs and the GTs running?
 
Hello streetking!

The Daytona race will be held next friday, yesterday we just had another pre-season race at Nurb 24h. But I can tell you my bentley can lap that track at 1:32's with not so much effort. I don't remember LMP2 times.

@Jav: I had the same thought. I was betting on my pit strategy to win. But now we will never know =(
 
streetking24
During the race at Daytona what kind of times were the LMPs and the GTs running?

I was running 1:46.xx with some room for improvement.
 
Hello streetking!

The Daytona race will be held next friday, yesterday we just had another pre-season race at Nurb 24h. But I can tell you my bentley can lap that track at 1:32's with not so much effort. I don't remember LMP2 times.

@Jav: I had the same thought. I was betting on my pit strategy to win. But now we will never know =(

Really? lol so basically this everything on this schedule is just pushed back a week?
Schedule:
11/4- Nurburgring GP/F (Preseason)
11/11- Laguna Seca (Preseason)
11/18- Spa-Francorchamps (Preseason)
11/25- Daytona Road Course
12/1- Suzuka*
12/8- Monza*
12/15- Cote d'Azure
12/22- Spa-Francorchamps*
Holiday
1/4- Laguna Seca
1/11- Nurburgring GP/F
1/18- Circuito de Madrid
1/25- Circuit de la Sarthe 2009*
*=Weather and/or Time Change will be used

Race Results:
N/A

Standings:
N/A

I was running 1:46.xx with some room for improvement.
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because my Jag XKR ran a 1:48.627 and i wasnt sure if that was going to be good enough against the competition.
 
The OP will be wholly updated by Gogatrs once he's got time to do it.
 
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because my Jag XKR ran a 1:48.627 and i wasnt sure if that was going to be good enough against the competition.

i was hitting 1'45's fairly consistently in the vette, i tried the jag and just wasnt pleased with the handling at all.
 
What?! There's no La Sarthe 2005 no chicane on the schedule?!
 
i was hitting 1'45's fairly consistently in the vette, i tried the jag and just wasnt pleased with the handling at all.
1'45's huh? Well I need to get to work on my setup again:ouch:
 
You know, I was happy when I got the FGT into the 1:45's. But to be able to do it consistently...:(
 
FlyinHawaiian77
You know, I was happy when I got the FGT into the 1:45's. But to be able to do it consistently...:(

Does it involve heavy braking into turn 1 and smoking the tires? ;)
 
Turn 1 of Daytona Road is one of the most challenging in Gran Turismo 5. I am still trying to find a good braking spot that does not smoke my tires.
 
Turn 1 of Daytona Road is one of the most challenging in Gran Turismo 5. I am still trying to find a good braking spot that does not smoke my tires.

Isn't it like a J-turn?
 
Does it involve heavy braking into turn 1 and smoking the tires? ;)

i actually turn my brake sensitivity down specifically for that turn, its taken a while to find the right line but you can actually rip right through there if you do it right
 
Seth, I don't have your car choices in my PM box. Were you one of the few that DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND POSTED THEM DIRECTLY IN THE THREAD?!?!?!?!?! :p (God I feel like my English teacher)
There may be a couple others, I'm working on the OP now.
 
OK, that's everyone added to the OP that has consistently posted and PMed me. If I missed you, please repost your choices.

LMP2 competitors are needed!!!
 
Gatr, you can officially move me to LMP2 with the green Pescarolo!
 
After the great time I had racing with Jav and Pipi I feel tempted to race in LMP2. But the Bentley is sooooo great... Guess you will be traffic to me =(
 
If I find one of those Pescarolo and see how I like them in the LMP2 setup I might race in LMP2 then.

Got one :D
 
Last edited:
LMP2 competitors are needed!!!

Ok I will start in LMP2 with the Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03

What are the lap times for the LMP2 in Daytona? I just got the car and did a 1:38.1xx. I have to work on a good setup now.
 
Ok I will start in LMP2 with the Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03

What are the lap times for the LMP2 in Daytona? I just got the car and did a 1:38.1xx. I have to work on a good setup now.

Lol you're telling me. But atleast my Jag has a setup that just needs a little tweaking. Right now I have my drivers doing the enduro race at Laguna just to break in that motor even more.
 
made a practice room if anyone is around

1472 6118 4216 8215 4696
 
I just opened up a practice room if anyone wants to join.
 
Last edited:
^^

Still is?


I don't think I'll do very well this season. Unlike our season took place in the summer I think, I'll have problems opening up some time in weekdays.
 
Volvi de Miami! How was everyone's holiday, if you celebrate? I'm looking forward to the race this Friday, if I ever get time to practice. That might be the tricky part.

^^

Still is?


I don't think I'll do very well this season. Unlike our season took place in the summer I think, I'll have problems opening up some time in weekdays.

Hope you're not trying to steal my spot on the grid.
 
Volvi de Miami! How was everyone's holiday, if you celebrate? I'm looking forward to the race this Friday, if I ever get time to practice. That might be the tricky part.

Good. Didn't exactly had a Thanksgiving feast but we had turkey, some pumpkin pie and bulky vegetables. And it was delicious :) Prior and after, I just did nothing, lol. How's yours?
 
Good. I had white people food in Cape Coral with my family for Thanksgiving (turkey, mashed potatoes, etc.) then I drove to Hialeah to see my wife's family and ate tons of Cuban food for several days, and spoke gringo espanol with them. A five-hour drive later I'm home and exhausted. USF lost because they're losers. Michigan beat Ohio State, like victors. Not a bad weekend.

I'll be practicing this week after I get some grad school stuff out of the way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back