American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,357 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do not understand the level of pissed I'm at right now. I went from dead last after being bumped by Kevin into the sand on the first lap, worked my way up to 4th in the class, even after cracking under pressure a few times and thinking about quitting, because if I didn't drop to dead last I would've been able to keep up, as my tires were wearing a little bit slower than others. I could pit about every 15 laps, which I thought was a good strategy at 45 laps. When I saw I was 4 laps down from the leader, I was going to pit at lap 29, but I didn't know how much fuel I had as I didn't fill up much and don't race with full HUD on. I hit start at the hairpin, judging that I would lose the least amount of time at a low-speed turn like that, and the incredibly soft d-pad on the DFGT clicked one extra time as I hit X, causing me to exit. I am seriously so pissed right now, I was doing great for coming from last place, and I was happy to finish this, being that I love this track. I don't even have words to describe how I feel right now...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
Last edited:
You guys do not understand the level of pissed I'm at right now. I went from dead last after being bumped by Kevin into the sand on the first lap,

i hit you on the first lap? where at, i dont recall hitting anyone. i was bumped from behind several times, once i was bumped off my line by gtamann and he took the lead from me. then i was taken off the track from behind by an lmp in the S's and went from 3rd to 5th. Then as i was coming in for my 2nd pit stop i was bumped behind again by an lmp, causing me to miss pit lane and hit the divider. i then had to back up, go forward, back up, then forward again to get in the pits.

the lag was concerning, sometimes after the hairpin the track would disappear all together only showing the background as if i was flying in the air. i had to slow down several times because of this, i literally couldnt see anything.

in the end it was a great battle with gogatrs, had fun but this race ehhh
 
@ RV

Very sorry for that, RB. That is why you always have the HUD set on Full.


My race was very fun. Initially my eyes were quite heavy and shut down in a split second but I still manage to maintain whatever plans I was planning on. Then around the 10th lap it chose to fail a bit longer and hit the grass, letting Flyin pass me. But not too mad or shabby. My pit strategy was basically every 15th lap, and allowed me to secure my positions. Also had a 3-close battle between Flyin and Cowboys for a while so that was fun :)
 
i hit you on the first lap? where at, i dont recall hitting anyone. i was bumped from behind several times, once i was bumped off my line by gtamann and he took the lead from me. then i was taken off the track from behind by an lmp in the S's and went from 3rd to 5th. Then as i was coming in for my 2nd pit stop i was bumped behind again by an lmp, causing me to miss pit lane and hit the divider. i then had to back up, go forward, back up, then forward again to get in the pits.

the lag was concerning, sometimes after the hairpin the track would disappear all together only showing the background as if i was flying in the air. i had to slow down several times because of this, i literally couldnt see anything.

in the end it was a great battle with gogatrs, had fun but this race ehhh

Right after the race started after the esses, but I couldn't see you until after the bump, you were directly next to me so I doubt you saw me. It was a small tap but I was barely holding the turn and I think I tapped my rear on another car because of it, so it wasn't like you were carelessly plowing around, just bad circumstances. Don't worry about it, because it wasn't an intentional mistake, but because of where I was, I hit other cars, and that ended the situation for me.
 
Jav great battle again, but my when i go to the pit in the last time everything happen to me, seth crash into me and i go to the sand and lost a lot of time, then is lag leo lol, i don't no what happen there, but happens, o little frustrated because we can do a great battle at the last corner, next Friday have one more 👍
 
Last edited:
I got kinda mad because I had a good start, but knowing me, my heart was pounding faster than it would if I just ran a marathon. I was like sweating 5 seconds into the race, and went off track.👎 I think pipi then spun or something around the Degner curve. and had a small battle until a GT car (Won't mention who it was but it pissed me off a little) let him go and then basically got in my way incredibly much. and all downhill from there, until like laps 30-40 I was doing very solid, no tire spin or anything. I think I almost caught up to pipi at the end but I wasn't really paying attention cause there were like 15 sec. left.

And Johnny(rb), that sucks. I did that quite a few times already in non-online races. must really blow in a race like this.
 
results? I was 7th again. At least our team won! :)

Gosh darn it I forgot to save the replay :mad:

EDIT: By the way sorry that you have to quit Marls. Perhaps the next race, unless you sign up.
 
Jav great battle again, but my when i go to the pit in the last time everything happen to me, seth crash into me and i go to the sand and lost a lot of time, then is lag leo lol, i don't no what happen there, but happens, o little frustrated because we can do a great battle at the last corner, next Friday have more one more 👍

Great racing indeed Pipi, you sir are one great and clean racer! I enjoyed it very much! Looking forward to next week's race!

@ Gatrs, would you consider setting the slipstream to weak?
 
Sir PipiR6, I was so ashamed of hitting you that time. I screwed it all up, and instead of just avoiding I ran right into you. I could blame worn off tires, but it is my mistake.

Regards,
 
Guessing you're talking about me. I thought I was just holding my line through the esses (doesn't seem like a particularly good passing spot). The proper line swerves back and forth in order to hit the apexes and I didn't think GT cars were supposed to get off line for LMPs. But if you think it was blocking I'll go back and look at it in the video or we can have gatrs look at it. Anyway I certainly didn't mean to ruin anything for you, so sorry if that's the case but I was still trying to hit good times as well for my class. I always stay in a lane on straights and only swerve to hit apexes.

I really think it was just poor timing. He passed me right before the series of turns. I didn't want to get off my line unless you were right beside me on turn in (then of course I wouldn't hit you). I thought it was fair, but again maybe to you it was blocking and if gatrs agrees I'll take a penalty. No hard feelings on my part.

I don't think it was you......

Edit: maybe it was, but idrc, it wouldn't have made a difference, and I know how hard it is to pass in the esses, but the only thing was that it appeared there wasn't a single GT car near, and there was a fierce battle going on. Don't worry about it I had fun in the end, someone has to come in last, right?
 
Last edited:
Ah well in that case, I'll shut up. I had something similar happen with someone else, then :)

1:49.359 at Monza so far. First few laps. I'm sure there are seconds to be shaved.
 
Sir PipiR6, I was so ashamed of hitting you that time. I screwed it all up, and instead of just avoiding I ran right into you. I could blame worn off tires, but it is my mistake.

Regards,

No prob Leo 👍
 
I think that was about the cleanest race I ever ran since I started racing on GTP. I did have one off because of an LMP but I think it was my fault.

The battles with the Ferrari's were amazing. Had to go back and watch the replay a couple of times to really appreciate them.

Now who can I bother for some post race pics? :)


1:49.359 at Monza so far. First few laps. I'm sure there are seconds to be shaved.

I think we're going to have a real fight with this one. Suzuka was the track for us to shine. Monza is going to be completely different. =(
 
I think that was about the cleanest race I ever ran since I started racing on GTP. I did have one off because of an LMP but I think it was my fault.

The battles with the Ferrari's were amazing. Had to go back and watch the replay a couple of times to really appreciate them.

Now who can I bother for some post race pics? :)

Man that Ford GT looks so mean! What color is that you're using? Love it!
 
I'll have to go look at it again. When I was painting it I was just finding the first Orange metallic paint I could find.

Was it me or did it always seem like we were always around each other on the track? Every time I look up there you were!
 
Guess the ford doesn't need anymore power. :D
I'll post the final results tomorrow.

If there are any complaints about any drivers in particular, please PM me.
 
By the way can you save replays from other people? I really need the replay for today's race's pics..
 
elitedriver123
By the way can you save replays from other people? I really need the replay for today's race's pics..

I'll upload the replay data tomorrow. 👍
 
I'm definitely spending a ton more time on track for this race. This track was my time to shine and I blew it (partly). I never really recovered and my pit strategy ALMOST got me 6th (literally a second behind sinladar).

Thursday, I think it was a combo of me trying to make up lost time on the corners and having tire wear that had me sliding out some with understeer. The esses was likely where I was trying the hardest to make up my deficit since I felt that's where the Ford had an advantage on the track, thus tracking from side to side a little harder than usual and accidentally ruining your close race, which I would like to apologize for.

FH, I'm all about getting some unity going here, getting some practice sessions in together. I'll be around a lot more now, even though I'm still pretty busy applying for grad school. My goal is 6th or better for next race and I don't think it's impossible. I probably could stand some tuning, too, though Mitch's tune left the Ford pretty nimble to begin with.

Anywho, I need to get going on writing some stuff for applications, so I'll leave it at that tonight. This race was less fun for me because of all the frustration of dropping out of contention so early, but whatever at least I still got to hang out for a few hours with you guys. Peace.
 
We definitely need to come up with a strategy on this next race. We some how need to stay with the rest of the pack in the straights and then take advantage in the corners. Easier said that done. The 458's were pulling away from me even with me taking advantage of the draft. :(
 
The 458's were pulling away from me even with me taking advantage of the draft. :(

same with me and the vette has the same power/weight. i couldnt draft anyone and pass them
 
I'll have picture up tomorrow or Monday. I looked at the other pictures I have, and the only good ones I got from Spa is a few good ones of the Grid, me and Kevin side-by-side down the back straight, and one good one of a bunch of LMP and GT cars racing in a close pack.
 
I'll have picture up tomorrow or Monday. I looked at the other pictures I have, and the only good ones I got from Spa is a few good ones of the Grid, me and Kevin side-by-side down the back straight, and one good one of a bunch of LMP and GT cars racing in a close pack.

Post all of them, mate 👍
 
Post all of them, mate 👍

I will, the ones from Spa aren't that great, and I need to see what I can do with Suzuka, I haven't started with that yet.
 
I will, the ones from Spa aren't that great, and I need to see what I can do with Suzuka, I haven't started with that yet.

Do you mind sharing the replay file on Mediafire or similar?
 
Do you mind sharing the replay file on Mediafire or similar?

Explain to me how to share it and I'll do it for you, and whoever else needs it, as I know there were a few that couldn't get the replay. I just find it ironic that I didn't finish the race yet I have the replay when there were quite a few of you who finished and couldn't get it.

Also, That Guy, what happened? When I accidentally exited, I saw you weren't in the race either, did you quit or did you never enter?
 
Explain to me how to share it and I'll do it for you, and whoever else needs it, as I know there were a few that couldn't get the replay. I just find it ironic that I didn't finish the race yet I have the replay when there were quite a few of you who finished and couldn't get it.

Also, That Guy, what happened? When I accidentally exited, I saw you weren't in the race either, did you quit or did you never enter?

Mediafire should already let you upload it for free, since the file is only a couple of KBs big.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back