American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,356 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The VWs do interest me a little, although not much. But the Toyota is free with the update, and it seems a really cool car because it's rare that we get a cheap RWD car brand new these days. The sound is very important, I like the BMW sound I get from the M3, which is important during an hour-and a half-long race, but I wish the racing exhaust on the Ferraris wasn't annoying. The other exhausts make it sound ok, but with GT cars, I like them as loud as straight pipes would be, so my car usually drowns everything out around me.
 
I don't think I'll be able to show up in this week's race.. I have testing that starts at 8 in the morning on Saturday :( Unless the race will end at around 11 pm.
 
Is anyone else a little worried about the sounds update? I mean, that can mean anything. What if he was referring to crash sounds? It doesnt really say what sounds he was updating. Everyone is assuming its for motor/exhaust sounds. I really do hope it is motor/exhaust sounds though.
 
Is anyone else a little worried about the sounds update? I mean, that can mean anything. What if he was referring to crash sounds? It doesnt really say what sounds he was updating. Everyone is assuming its for motor/exhaust sounds. I really do hope it is motor/exhaust sounds though.

Same. I hope te racing exhaust stops being a generic whine.
Hope they fix the white noise that comes from the Zonda R....
 
Is anyone else a little worried about the sounds update? I mean, that can mean anything. What if he was referring to crash sounds? It doesnt really say what sounds he was updating. Everyone is assuming its for motor/exhaust sounds. I really do hope it is motor/exhaust sounds though.

It says "racing sound effects." I don't think it's any improvement to the car's engine or exhaust. If it was PD would have to overhaul the notes and start a new recording, which can take a lot of time. Unless Kaz meant car upgrades. Not saying you are false though, or contradicting. It can mean anything.
 
however therre is this niggly little glitch that has been around for a while where sometimes you cant here your tires squealing....That may be what they aim to fix
 
I noticed that with the last race. I could hear everyone else's tires squeal just fine but couldnt really hear anything from my car. I thought it was because I had the titanium exhaust on and it just drowned it out.
 
I noticed that with the last race. I could hear everyone else's tires squeal just fine but couldnt really hear anything from my car. I thought it was because I had the titanium exhaust on and it just drowned it out.

I have the same symptoms. It's in fact a bug or glitch. The engine notes would simply just not play but instead the tire's rotational noise will only play from the car. Sometimes the tire screech would be replaced by the sound of inertia when on sand. Probably just failure to seek out the right files.
 
i actually have the standard exhaust on because i cant stand the way exhaust systems sound on this game. inside the car it sounds better stock, at least the vette does.
 
The Ferrari doesn't need any exhaust. :drool:

Vrooom, vrooooooooooom, vroooooooooooooooooooom
 
The Ford sounds decent with the titanium exhaust on it. Nice throaty V8 sound. Pretty sure they use the same exhaust note for the team Oreca viper though. Sounds exactly the same.

But more times than not, I am disappointed with the car sounds of this game. :(

Last night I decided to finally take out my Furai. Not even 5 min into the drive is when I had to get out of it. If it sounded like it did in real life I would be in that thing all the time.
 
You can go to Forza, where a KIA sounds like a high revving sports car! :p
 
Wait...your telling me that forza has kia's?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :drool:
 
And ALMS.

But it's on XBox. :yuck:

And does anyone get your car muzzled out by other cars?

Maybe just me because I use the stock exhaust. :(
 
Volkswagen Bora V6 4Motion+Racing Exhaust. :drool:
The BEST sounding car in the game. By far.
 
Nope. Callaway C12 full racing exhaust.
Hello C6.R
 
And ALMS.

But it's on XBox. :yuck:

• The most stunningly realistic racing circuits and cars that fans know and love from the ALMS, including Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and 26 ALMS cars

dammit lol, oh well im never going to microsoft!
 
SAME HERE! I was a Forza fan all the way up until FM3. In that time I went through 4...yes I said 4...xbox's.

I've done a couple of stints with the ps3 where I had to leave gt5 running for more than 9 hours at a time. Mostly left it on before I went to bed and then whenever I'm ready to play again in the morning. Not one hiccup so far. (knock on wood)

Anyway, back onto topic. What times are you GT guys getting at Monza? I was able to get into the 148's but that was with tire and fuel consumption off. Its more like mid 1:49's for me now. :(
 
Last edited:
SAME HERE! I was a Forza fan all the way up until FM3. In that time I went through 4...yes I said 4...xbox's.

I've done a couple of stints with the ps3 where I had to leave gt5 running for more than 9 hours at a time. Mostly left it on before I went to bed and then whenever I'm ready to play again in the morning. Not one hiccup so far. (knock on wood)

Anyway, back onto topic. What times are you GT guys getting at Monza? I was able to get into the 148's but that was with tire and fuel consumption off. Its more like mid 1:49's for me now. :(

I managed a 1:48. Definitely can improve.
 
Well, hopefully you wont show up for Friday like you said then.:p
 
im in the mid/high 1:48s on clean runs, i imagine as long as you're within a second or so you should be able to stick with everyone through drafting. i have a feeling this race is going to be real close
 
If Microsoft made something that didn't suck, it would be a vacuum cleaner. :dopey:
 
Are you guys familiar with those meme's?

Says lets get back onto topic...OP changes subject. :lol:
 
There are spots open in LMP1 and LMP2! We'd be happy to have you race with us!

Awesome!

GTPlanet: Brock1Samson9
PSN: Brock1Samson9
Class: LMP1
Car: Audi R10 TDI

Who is the host of the race so I can add them?
 
Youre brave to use the R10, but hope you can get it done.
 
R10 is actually on pace at Monza...nowhere else but there, Spa and Le Mans sadly.
 
Yea I just really like the car and I know it pretty well from having set up to run the 24 hours of Le Mans. May or may not stick with it though.
 
Yea I just really like the car and I know it pretty well from having set up to run the 24 hours of Le Mans. May or may not stick with it though.

Yea I mean, I understand if you love it, but honestly you'll be closer to LMP2 pace with it, no joke. It just can't run with LMP1 cars, PD F'ed up with it. I probably sounded arrogant in my last post, I don't mean to come off that way, but the R10 is so bad lol.

The R8 '05 is a top 3 LMP in the game and TBH has a big, BIG advantage in this series' regulations. You should try that lol.
 
Is a shame that PD decided to make 1 of only 3 premium LMP cars so crappy! Honestly I find it disrespectfull to Audi's sportscar legacy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back