American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,356 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there someone here who won a lot of races with it last season?
 
Wasn't there someone here who won a lot of races with it last season?

Yes sir! And it wasn't just anyone, Potato did win with the car. so it took someone real fast, not fast but Alien fast under particular racing conditions to take that car to a win.
 
Jav
Yes sir! And it wasn't just anyone, Potato did win with the car. so it took someone real fast, not fast but Alien fast under particular racing conditions to take that car to a win.

So wait, how good is this guy Potato, LOL.
 
Jav
Is a shame that PD decided to make 1 of only 3 premium LMP cars so crappy! Honestly I find it disrespectfull to Audi's sportscar legacy.
Yeah.... The R10 TDI in real life is easily faster than the 01 Audi R8. :sly: The fastest ever race laps were from 2010 weren't they?

GT5 has so much potential yet they muck it up in so many ways. Nascars wide open at Indianapolis is another good example of dodgy car modeling.
 
Yeah.... The R10 TDI in real life is easily faster than the 01 Audi R8. :sly: The fastest ever race laps were from 2010 weren't they?

GT5 has so much potential yet they muck it up in so many ways. Nascars wide open at Indianapolis is another good example of dodgy car modeling.

Yes but those were from the 908's lol.
 
I completely agree with all of this. I know the R10 is terrible in this game lol. I just want so badly for it to be good, driving it for the first time in Grid was what first got me interested in real racing sims and then sportscar racing n general.

What kind of lap times are you other LMP1 guys getting at Monza
 
I completely agree with all of this. I know the R10 is terrible in this game lol. I just want so badly for it to be good, driving it for the first time in Grid was what first got me interested in real racing sims and then sportscar racing n general.

What kind of lap times are you other LMP1 guys getting at Monza

I haven't run a practice lap yet lol.
 
So wait, how good is this guy Potato, LOL.

GT Academy finalist good and he did it on a DS3! Yeah he's that good.
 
Jav
GT Academy finalist good and he did it on a DS3! Yeah he's that good.

Gt Academy finalist on a DS3.....

How modded was his controller LOL
 
Gt Academy finalist on a DS3.....

How modded was his controller LOL

Lol!! Modded by the aliens themselves!
 
what LMP2 times are we looking at for Monza? Unfortunately I didn't had a lot for time to practice this week and I better get my setup done tonight.
 
what LMP2 times are we looking at for Monza? Unfortunately I didn't had a lot for time to practice this week and I better get my setup done tonight.

I'll let you know tomorrow as soon as I turn a lap for the first time!
 
My perfect laps are somewhere around mid 1:48s.

My cheating laps are low 1:48s :sly:

My average laps are high 1:48s or 1:49s.

As long as there are no early racing incidents this should be a close race. I really think pit strategy will be huge here.
 
I'm at the same as far as lap times, but I refuse to take a cheat lap because if I get stressed in the race I might be tempted then, this way I won't be used to it at all. I agree that this race should be close.
 
I'm at the same as far as lap times, but I refuse to take a cheat lap because if I get stressed in the race I might be tempted then, this way I won't be used to it at all. I agree that this race should be close.

Yeah cheating isn't a good way to practice. Especially because when I get frustrated and fatigue sets in late in a race I start braking later and that can easily lead to having to cut. Merely keeping all my braking points consistent and taking each turn methodically is good enough to keep pace.
 
I think pace will be between 1:50 and 1:51 as soon as the upper classes catch up to us plus the effects of tire wear. Oh and the possible weather change. Dang it! havent done one lap in the ran yet. Oh well, I'll figure that out if and when the rain shows up.

Anyone wanna guess how many laps were going to run? Should be about an hours worth right?
 
FlyinHawaiian77
I think pace will be between 1:50 and 1:51 as soon as the upper classes catch up to us plus the effects of tire wear. Oh and the possible weather change. Dang it! havent done one lap in the ran yet. Oh well, I'll figure that out if and when the rain shows up.

Anyone wanna guess how many laps were going to run? Should be about an hours worth right?

250 KM.
And gta, if we have room in the lobby, race until eleven then shutdown so you can get half points. 👍
 
I think pace will be between 1:50 and 1:51 as soon as the upper classes catch up to us plus the effects of tire wear. Oh and the possible weather change. Dang it! havent done one lap in the ran yet. Oh well, I'll figure that out if and when the rain shows up.

Anyone wanna guess how many laps were going to run? Should be about an hours worth right?

Hopefully there won't be a lot of traffic issues for GT cars, as the only reasonable passing spots on this track are straights. If LMPs are passing in the chicanes they're probably doing something wrong...
 
Merely keeping all my braking points consistent and taking each turn methodically is good enough to keep pace.

I loose so much time by simply being inconsistent. That first chicane for example. I know that I can gain or loose 2 to 3 tenths just on my approach and exit. I know what my braking point should be, but every now and then I try to push it a little more and completely ruin the whole turn. End up loosing a second for trying to gain a tenth.
 
1:34s in the R10.
 
And gta, if we have room in the lobby, race until eleven then shutdown so you can get half points. 👍

I guess I could do that..
 
Looks like standings are going to be tight. Try and get all you could get!
 
@FH yeah that first chicane is a killer. Especially because too much off the asphalt on exit and you're spinning tires. I have to trick my brain into believing the quicker I'm slowed down, the better I can set up my turn. It just feels like I'm losing time every lap I do it, though it's the opposite.
 
to be honest im just hoping the room doesnt get too laggy and the track disappears on me like it did on suzuka several times. should be an interesting race, we just gotta stay patient and not have anyone trying to win the race in the first few laps...
 
PLEASE no one try to win the race in the first chicane.

Actually, everyone PLEASE try to win the race in the first chicane. (plans sneaky side route.)

:D
 
My main concern is the rain, hoping for a dry race, LMP2 is crazy on the wet with our extremely torquey powerband at low speed it's gonna be stupid hard to keep the cars on the road!
 
I remember that Potato guy. I was hardly keeping pace with him in the Toyota GT-One, but this was before I knew how to tune, but yeah he was pretty quick with the R10. It can be done, I think it has a low sweet-spot for setup. The Stealth edition should be allowed, since it has a weight advantage it might help with it's competitiveness. That is unless the rule makers decide against it and make it weigh 950kg like everything else.
 
I'm sorry, but I highly doubt I can make the race.
 
I'm working late tonight because of the holidays, so I might be a little late. If the race starts without me then I'll just watch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back