American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,345 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot first podium finish in this series EVER. Naturally I have to gloat a little.

Bad luck to the two GT drivers who wrecked with the LMP driver last second, I misjudged fuel and probably wouldn't have passed you in time if it wasn't for that lucky break.

I was so mad because that was the second time that happened on that turn to me, and this time it mattered even more than the first.
 
Woot first podium finish in this series EVER. Naturally I have to gloat a little.

Bad luck to the two GT drivers who wrecked with the LMP driver last second, I misjudged fuel and probably wouldn't have passed you in time if it wasn't for that lucky break.

Congrats man.

The LMP1 battle between me and Seth was really great throughout the race. All you guys should watch it in the replay from lap 36 on.We had a fight with some mistakes early in the race, the gap between us fluctuated due to our different pit strategies throughout, and wound up with a back and forth race for the last quarter.
 
I was so mad because that was the second time that happened on that turn to me, and this time it mattered even more than the first.

You and me have had some crazy last-lap passes, between here and Daytona!
 
You and me have had some crazy last-lap passes, between here and Daytona!

I'm not sure if it was tires, fuel, or the tire wear being slower, but I gained 3 or 4 spots on the last lap, I was so excited. After going off track, I still ended up mid-pack.
 
nothing went right for me, had a few things happen early in the race and drove angry the rest of the way. im not even going to get into it, just mark this up as a lost race
 
Was a good race. I think the key for me was being able to stay out on the track a little longer while everyone else had to pit. I was also fortunate enough to not be in as many battles. I knew that if I could some how put some distance between me and the rest of the pack all the real racing would be behind me and I would basically have an open window to pull away while everyone else battled with each other.

Hats off goes to all the LMP drivers. Every time an LMP came up behind me they always chose the best opportunities to pass. Only one incident with Seth. I dont know whos fault it was. I was trying to overtake the white vette and I'm guessing that I must have cut back into your line at the last minute. Didnt have a chance to look at the replay yet. But no harm no foul on my end.

Anyway, looking forward to the next race!
 
Yes and the next track should favor the Fords.

I say should. It could easily go the way of Suzuka for me. Only difference is there's nowhere to go but walls :)
 
I think it should also. Good thing damage isnt set to heavy. :scared:
 
Quite excellent race yesterday. My pit strategy worked quite nicely. Too bad it wasn't enough to overtake Flyin. But nevertheless, it was swell! Expecting a bit of a battle though. At the final laps I did had a short time with Gatrs but that ended quickly at the very last lap.
 
You shouldnt have left everyone behind in the beginning then. :) There were some very nice battles no matter where you were in the pack.

There was a nice overtake by that_guy. The two Fords were side by side coming down the straight and he managed to split us and overtake. It looks amazing on the replay. Some good driving right there.
 
One more good race guys!!! Some prob traffic but in the end everthing end well, Jav good battle again!!! Special in the beginning!!!
 
@flying- Thank you had fun last night. Everytime I got close to someone they would jump back and forth. Sorry gators lol, he was like 15-20 feet from me then he lagged or me and he was in the wall on the front stretch. Sorry.. Also the guy in the r8, sorry left rear tire hit the grass going into one and I took him out. Can't remember his name but sorry. Going to watch the replay now. Can't wait.

Audi is in sebring right now testing the r18 hybrid!!!!
 
Link? I know Speed isnt showing it. (rolls eyes)
 
That Guy lives in Florida lol. Lucky! I dont think its being broadcast.
 
Don't like half of you guys live in Florida?
I've got a pretty big kart race in Daytona in two weeks. Which is why there's no race the week after Christmas. :sly:
 
It's on the ALMS website.
 
If they would have anything on online it would be on audisport.com think its a secret test... Have the speed app on my phone that's how I found out about it. Anyone going to Daytona for the roar before the 24 Jan 6&7? $15 includes pitpass!! Or NASCAR fuel injection test Jan 12&13??
 
I had a great time yesterday, realistic startups an very good drivers. I had my fair share of pit stops and being lapped. But was very impressed by the drivers of the gt class always moved over for the lmp cars...if possible id like to join now or next season. And if you'd like I could drive the gt pace car..let me know.
 
Lj60xr
I had a great time yesterday, realistic startups an very good drivers. I had my fair share of pit stops and being lapped. But was very impressed by the drivers of the gt class always moved over for the lmp cars...if possible id like to join now or next season. And if you'd like I could drive the gt pace car..let me know.

Be happy, it's a rare occurrence that I let randoms stay. ;)
I'd suggest that you go to LMP2 if you have a pescarololololol
 
We should get a GTP ALMS caravan together and head down there. Most of us are on the east coast right? We can just all meet up on 95. We can all have matching shirts and everything!!! :lol:
 
Be happy, it's a rare occurrence that I let randoms stay. ;)
I'd suggest that you go to LMP2 if you have a pescarololololol

Like I said I think I'll stick with the cats lol... But yeah if I can next Friday try lmp2 Id really like to...thanks for sparing me..
 
Make that carts not cats...
 
How's 1:36.5 (@Monaco)? Only a few laps. I think my rear-ballast is coming back to bite me here. Very slippery...
 
Was doing 1:34s last season :dopey:
 
Sorry for quitting last night, but I had to leave. Thanks to all the gt and lmp2 drivers for being so courteous too.
 
Was doing 1:34s last season :dopey:

In what car?

I'm losing time from the stupid ballast-induced spins, and it's only been about 5 laps. I think 1:34s aren't impossible, certainly. But it would be an extremely flawless lap for me.
 
gogatrs
Don't like half of you guys live in Florida?
I've got a pretty big kart race in Daytona in two weeks. Which is why there's no race the week after Christmas. :sly:

*cough* Showoff. *cough*
 
I see 1:34s a good time you say. What division is that for? That's for Monza, correct?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back