American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,329 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if I can commit the time to practice. :(

Did you see that the pace cars lights now work? Thats so awesome. You guys should def use it. At least just for the pace lap. You cant get more official than that!

edit:I'm reading that tire wear is different now. Harder compounds actually last longer than softs. Wow, this is going to change strategies for everyone.
 
Last edited:
Gotta get home and change ALL THE WHEELS! :crazy: lol
 
No you don't, loool just normal cars, Upss!!!
 
Gotta make my mind up which wheels can I chaaaaaaaaaange? Lol
 
I think I've spent close to a million already just on changing wheels. A lot of the money was me going back and forth between a couple of sets though. Good thing the new seasonals are out. You can make pretty good money on those.
 
My speculations on improved racing effects:

The only apparent change I can find is the tire squeal, and the air-slicing noise at high speeds if it doesn't get drowned by other noises. They also slightly modified the straight-cut trannies. I also noticed they made 3rd person view a bit more "actiony" via making the camera shook when going over bumpy surfaces/rumble strips. I expected that roaring noise of V8s and V12s when they pass by.
 
Yeah i noticed i can hear the tire squeal alot more when im turning.
 
Hmmm I haven't played since the update. I'll check it out in a bit.

Can you paint the wheels?
 
Last edited:
Did you guys play with all the new HUB options yet? I didnt realize how dependent I was on the gear recommendation until I turned it off. :guilty:

You can paint the premium wheels.
 
Did you guys play with all the new HUB options yet? I didnt realize how dependent I was on the gear recommendation until I turned it off. :guilty:

You can paint the premium wheels.

New HUD options? Does that mean you can turn off specific elements?


Can't you already paint premium wheels?
 
Tested it out, you can paint the standard wheels. Can't wait to post a pic of my new faulken tyres RUF :)

Also the HUD thing is pretty useful.
 
so are we officially moving the race to next week? i was gonna do some practice here in a bit, but if its not til next friday then BF3 here we come
 
Kevin01SH
so are we officially moving the race to next week? i was gonna do some practice here in a bit, but if its not til next friday then BF3 here we come

I'm going to be in Daytona next week, so it'll be a two week break.
 
Gatrs, you can put light-colored BBS wheels on your RUF RGT! *Explodes*
 
Gatrs, you can put light-colored BBS wheels on your RUF RGT! *Explodes*

How is your personal problems going Cowboys? I remembered you mentioning it in the Gear Grinder thread.
 
elitedriver123
How is your personal problems going Cowboys? I remembered you mentioning it in the Gear Grinder thread.

Feeling alot better. Was pretty fine Saturday and good and normal since Sunday. :)

Edit: DLC is out! :D
 
Last edited:
If you guys would like to see a video comparing the sound changes pre- and after the patch:

 
Yeah, sounds are still crap!
 
Javs having a bad day lolol.

Lol!! Not really, just a bit pissed by how we all got shafted with the stupid new tire wear model...
How's Bermuda gonna handle this situation? It's even worse for the LMP series!
 
Jav
Lol!! Not really, just a bit pissed by how we all got shafted with the stupid new tire wear model...
How's Bermuda gonna handle this situation? It's even worse for the LMP series!

What did you guys conclude with the tire model?
 
tire model just caters to 5 laps races. Not enduros
 
tire model just caters to 5 laps races. Not enduros

Exactly! Basically they have shafted high powered online league racing! anything above SuperGT is gonna suffer!
We are seriously considering turning the tire wear off and making a number of mandatory stops depending on track and race lenght...
 
I'd like to actually have to use racing medium tires. It'd require more precise tuning.
 
elitedriver123
What did you guys conclude with the tire model?

Have you driven with the new update at all? Make sure wear is on.
Have you guys heard the 8C with racing exhaust though? :drool:
Words cannot describe it. Too bad it handles like 🤬!
 
rb26x
I'd like to actually have to use racing medium tires. It'd require more precise tuning.

I've already got my RUF tuned for hards. This race is gonna be a one stopper ...at Monaco.

I DO like that they gave RH's a point. I would have liked that they had done so without taking away the point of the RS's.
 
Drove a Stealth GTR GT500 at Spa, tires were sort of worn in 3 laps.

Oh PD, PD, PD...

I sense a patch? (hopefully)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back